Hooray For Everything's Content

There have been 118 items by Hooray For Everything (Search limited from 01-July 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#753108 Male Strippers for a bachelorette party

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 04 June 2009 - 03:20 PM in The Shizz General Forum

i'll do it.

its cool if i get a boner, right?

Chicks give you boners? No kiddin'...

well, huh....

#753141 Male Strippers for a bachelorette party

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 04 June 2009 - 03:54 PM in The Shizz General Forum

you are.

#753131 Male Strippers for a bachelorette party

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 04 June 2009 - 03:43 PM in The Shizz General Forum

well, no less important than anyone else round these parts...we're all pretty unimportant.

#753137 Male Strippers for a bachelorette party

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 04 June 2009 - 03:49 PM in The Shizz General Forum

or, if you're a glass half full kind of person, then we're all very important.

#753126 Male Strippers for a bachelorette party

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 04 June 2009 - 03:40 PM in The Shizz General Forum

That's where you're wrong.

I can honestly say that I have never been called a dick by someone more important than you.

:)

#753118 Male Strippers for a bachelorette party

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 04 June 2009 - 03:32 PM in The Shizz General Forum

no, see, Mig and i are friendly, we give each other a lil shit here & there...

i think mig can take it..he's tough.

#753123 Male Strippers for a bachelorette party

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 04 June 2009 - 03:36 PM in The Shizz General Forum

yeah that's what i was doing. you can take it right?

yeah, I guess so.

#785557 Good Tattoo Artists in Phoenix

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 16 August 2009 - 12:04 PM in The Shizz General Forum

The guys that just opened next to Carly's did mine....awesome cool people, and in the hooooood.

That's JSN at The Golden Rule. He's been working on my sleeve for a while now. Great artist and a really great guy.

Indeed. helluva guy.

#783372 Good Tattoo Artists in Phoenix

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 12 August 2009 - 11:19 AM in The Shizz General Forum

The guys that just opened next to Carly's did mine....awesome cool people, and in the hooooood.

#766815 SHIZZ TUBING

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 05 July 2009 - 04:16 PM in The Shizz General Forum

i tubed so much in high school.. ahh the long walk back to the car.
or the long hot ride in the back of someone's truck to the car.

there used to be a rope swing on one turn and or "cliff diving"
but i don't think that's allowed anymore.

it's really quite pretty at points-and you're just floating along....

I remember those days...

#766817 SHIZZ TUBING

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 05 July 2009 - 04:19 PM in The Shizz General Forum

Um...nobody posted any pics, odd.

#799280 DILLENGER 4 * RIVERBOAT GAMBLERS * The ARRIVALS

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 14 September 2009 - 12:05 PM in Shows and Stuff

I got all excited until I realized it was the Riverboat Gamblers & not the Compulsive Gamblers...

gosh darn it.

#835242 It's the most wonderful time of the year

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 07 December 2009 - 02:36 PM in The Shizz General Forum

I do nothing. This season can blow me.

:wub:

#807241 Kimber Lanning - News

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 29 September 2009 - 03:12 PM in The Shizz General Forum

word.

From the perspective of a musician i can see how this is a bummer but from the perspective of a working visual artist i am welcoming the change.

yes there are a lot of galleries in that area but the majority of those only show their collective member's works.

this opens the door for other venues to take advantage of the lost space and it opens the door for more artists to take advantage of phx's art scene.

it's a bummer yes. I've seen so many great shows at modified. but at least it's still functioning. it could just close and be another empty building on Roosevelt or it could have been sold to a high end condo developer or something horrendous.

I agree. As a music dude, I forget about the visual media folks, and I guesssssssssss it's just as valid, as (gulp) music.

I've just seen so much crap on the walls downtown that I've become immune to it....

#808546 Kimber Lanning - News

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 01 October 2009 - 04:31 PM in The Shizz General Forum

I'm with ya...

I just hated feeling like I was fighting with you, I adore you.

I'm sure you know that, though.

#807225 Kimber Lanning - News

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 29 September 2009 - 02:33 PM in The Shizz General Forum

What I do like about the new owners is their commitment to high the high standards that Kimber established for Modified as a gallery. It seems most galleries will hang any crap that one of their buddies threw together.

I've known the new owner(s) for awhile, they're awesome.

There still will be some music, just a different kind of a thang.

It goes without saying that there will obviously be a even larger void in the downtown music community.

We have great bands down here, just no great venues.

#807239 Kimber Lanning - News

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 29 September 2009 - 03:08 PM in The Shizz General Forum

I looked over the new times comments---gah who has time to read all that?

I do understand being bummed when a favorite place closes down (Emerald Lounge RIP). But honestly, how many other places are there in a 10 mile radius that will host an indie show? The Trunkspace, The Ruby Room, The Phix, The Rhythm Room, The Ice House Tavern, The Lost Leaf & Paisley Violin. Were spoiled to have so many places & also in such a relatively close proximity.

Wow.

I so disagree.

I'll give you Trunk Space, because the people who run it are fucking amazing, & the Rhythm Room, um, because it's a real club, but that's it.

Sure man, anyone will HOST one, it's about having good booking & a room/PA that is of a professional quality.

We're not spoiled in that department. Hardly.

The Lost Leaf is a bar, with a PA. The ICEHOUSE is a bar with a PA. The Paisley Violin is cafe with a PA....

I can't think of one, real club down here...I mean let's not lower our standards that much, c'mon....

I mean, Christ, I have a PA & a backyard, but that don't mean I'm gonna pretend that it's an awesome place to have a show.

Even Modified wasn't awesome, not at all. It was a stinky room with a decent PA, damn good sound people & great booking.

It blows my mind how little we have in terms of infrastructure & how bent we all are on pretending that we've got something awesome going.

We have great bands & artists, I'll give you that. But as far as good, pro, small rock clubs, no fucking way. I'm talking standards here, like the Rhythm Room or Plush.

Sorry to be like that kid in the Emperors New Clothes....but I gotta call bullshit on this one.

I will say that Last Exit in Tempe could be cool, if the staff was cool & they had good booking & took down the stupid beertitty adverts on the wall.

But, alas, bad location.

I hate that just because we're Phoenix means we have to pretend that things are better here than they are....even Flagstaff has better places to play. let's be real.

#833315 the old days....

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 01 December 2009 - 07:27 PM in The Shizz General Forum

-oh and the boombox shows at emerald were pretty memorable. the sweet weiner and colorwhore
shows kind of all meld into one big drunken blur.

hey, remember that night we all got banned from the Hotel Congress?
do you think it was RV's 2am fire and brimstone sermon at the top of his lungs, or you getting dragged around the hallways with lipstick smeared across your face, or the dance party, or the jumping on beds, or the fact that we were repeatedly asked to quiet the f*ck down?

hey, remember when you "forgot" your guitar chord?

My friend, who is, I think, now the Asst. Mgr of HotCong reminded me the other day that "your band was the first group of people that I ever had to ban from here"...

I reminded her that I had nothing to do with it, as I am a party pooper, I guess...It was really embarrassing ...

If I'm thinking of the right night....

#833028 the old days....

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 01 December 2009 - 03:14 AM in The Shizz General Forum

This thread inspired me to smoke a pack of cigarettes, get angry, get teary-eyed, and listened to some of the hours of old rehearsal recordings I have (there was lot's of laughing, farting & people saying "Shane, will you please PASS that fuckin' thing", and a bunch of versions of "Runaway" that broke down in hysterics...)

Memories are a mixed blessing....

I think I had a nice time at that New Years party that Rum Tenor played....

and that's all I have to say about that.

#799263 Gay Link

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 14 September 2009 - 11:43 AM in The Shizz General Forum

Posted Image

Shit...I can think of 'em faster than I can type 'em.

#811533 so who's going to shizzfest this saturday?

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 09 October 2009 - 02:35 AM in The Shizz General Forum

i'm getting in for free since i blow the guy who organized it.

:ph34r:

#801954 Why the Phoenix Music Scene Sucks

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 19 September 2009 - 03:14 PM in The Shizz General Forum

OK. For what it's worth I'm a music writer. A microcosm of the Phoenix music scene; I went to a show the other night and I overheard a few members of the band talking shit about the person who's song they were covering (THAT NIGHT!). I was appalled. OK I'll mention names. Shane Kennedy. In Matthew Reveles' band. Covering Jeff Gonzales' song Midday Epilogue (a young lady told me they play it in every set). I don't live here (and even if I did) I'm not afraid of repercussions from big fish in small ponds. Have some goddamn respect will you?

That sums up the scene; cliques, and general disrespect. LA sucks too but at least there's a general respect and comaraderie amongst the bands. Achieve that (without elitism) and there just might be a thriving music scene out here.

But the way, my name is Herb Ferguson, herbieferbie@yahoo.com

Maybe you should know what your talking about about before you open your mouth, because, once I do, you're gonna feel an asshole.

#801986 Why the Phoenix Music Scene Sucks

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 19 September 2009 - 04:28 PM in The Shizz General Forum

Three weeks ago? I believe I did state that we hadn't played that song in a few weeks.

Again, talk to the bandleader, not the drummer.

#801994 Why the Phoenix Music Scene Sucks

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 19 September 2009 - 04:49 PM in The Shizz General Forum

See, people act like they don't like gossip, but it's just not true, they LOVE it.

#802763 Why the Phoenix Music Scene Sucks

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 21 September 2009 - 01:34 PM in The Shizz General Forum

this is the most amazing thread that should have never existed.

It's not really very good, and you know it.

It's petty, snippy, & mean spirited.

Like the Lame Phoenix Music Scene. ;)