Hooray For Everything's Content

There have been 118 items by Hooray For Everything (Search limited from 23-May 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#841960 Vic Chesnutt RIP

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 25 December 2009 - 05:24 PM in The Shizz General Forum

An amazing songwriter & razor sharp wit...

One of very, very favorite songwriters.

So very sad.

He took his own life on Christmas Eve via an overdose of pills.

Read up on him, quite a story....

Merry Christmas...every day is precious.

#841713 Yes, the BIKINI LOUNGE is open

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 24 December 2009 - 01:31 PM in Shows and Stuff

jus' syain'

#836859 My Dad

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 10 December 2009 - 08:00 PM in The Shizz General Forum

Ha! I was referring to the initial post.

#836838 My Dad

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 10 December 2009 - 06:42 PM in The Shizz General Forum

That's really cool that you shared this...He's a very fluid player, very graceful.

sk

#835242 It's the most wonderful time of the year

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 07 December 2009 - 02:36 PM in The Shizz General Forum

I do nothing. This season can blow me.

:wub:

#833315 the old days....

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 01 December 2009 - 07:27 PM in The Shizz General Forum

-oh and the boombox shows at emerald were pretty memorable. the sweet weiner and colorwhore
shows kind of all meld into one big drunken blur.

hey, remember that night we all got banned from the Hotel Congress?
do you think it was RV's 2am fire and brimstone sermon at the top of his lungs, or you getting dragged around the hallways with lipstick smeared across your face, or the dance party, or the jumping on beds, or the fact that we were repeatedly asked to quiet the f*ck down?

hey, remember when you "forgot" your guitar chord?

My friend, who is, I think, now the Asst. Mgr of HotCong reminded me the other day that "your band was the first group of people that I ever had to ban from here"...

I reminded her that I had nothing to do with it, as I am a party pooper, I guess...It was really embarrassing ...

If I'm thinking of the right night....

#833028 the old days....

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 01 December 2009 - 03:14 AM in The Shizz General Forum

This thread inspired me to smoke a pack of cigarettes, get angry, get teary-eyed, and listened to some of the hours of old rehearsal recordings I have (there was lot's of laughing, farting & people saying "Shane, will you please PASS that fuckin' thing", and a bunch of versions of "Runaway" that broke down in hysterics...)

Memories are a mixed blessing....

I think I had a nice time at that New Years party that Rum Tenor played....

and that's all I have to say about that.

#815293 ABBA Tribute band @ the State Fair

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 16 October 2009 - 11:08 AM in Shows and Stuff

be there and be square.

it'll be so awesome & queer :D

i'm takin' my gays.

#815234 Benefit show for Tumbleweed.org and the homeless youth of Phoenix

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 16 October 2009 - 10:06 AM in Shows and Stuff

they are close to dire straights.

Then why don't then get them to play?

#814785 TMAYWTF

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 15 October 2009 - 04:01 PM in The Shizz General Forum

The Jo Bros are legal now aren't they?
Posted Image

They all look like little miniature Mike Montoyas!

uh, none of them look like Mike Montoya...maybe the one on the left...maybe a little...

You think that all handsome curly headed Latinos look alike? Is that it?

#814722 TMAYWTF

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 15 October 2009 - 03:07 PM in The Shizz General Forum

half your age plus seven is fair game. 17 year olds are fair game to me! YES.

Is this the official algorithm?

#814666 YO LA TENGO

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 15 October 2009 - 01:44 PM in Shows and Stuff

That was forever ago...they mentioned it, I believe...was it kind of a rough show?

#814596 YO LA TENGO

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 15 October 2009 - 12:40 PM in Shows and Stuff

It was great...awesome mix of old & new...

If it had only been rainy....and we had all been high... perfection...

and they did Autumn Sweater, which makes me think of Bobby (rum tenor) ...

It was a great night...and they are the nicest people on earth.

#813441 Artificial Virginity Device Sparks Backlash In Egypt

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 13 October 2009 - 03:49 PM in The Shizz General Forum

wtf

the bleeding virgin bride experience.

BAND NAME

#811536 The Shizz Halloween Party!

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 09 October 2009 - 02:43 AM in Shows and Stuff

What's the entertainment line-up?

#811533 so who's going to shizzfest this saturday?

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 09 October 2009 - 02:35 AM in The Shizz General Forum

i'm getting in for free since i blow the guy who organized it.

:ph34r:

#811274 New Tmes music editor says "Downtown is ovah."

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 08 October 2009 - 01:02 PM in The Shizz General Forum

I take the opinions of shizz members any day over some hack journalist from a free weekly.

Let's not get carried away...

;)

#811106 New Tmes music editor says "Downtown is ovah."

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 08 October 2009 - 02:16 AM in The Shizz General Forum

Over?????

I think the Carpenters said it best...

We've only just begun, to live,
White lace and promises
A kiss for luck and we're on our way.
And yes, We've just begun.

Before the rising sun we fly,
So many roads to choose
We start our walking and learn to run.

Sharing horizons that are new to us,
Watching the signs along the way,
Talking it over just the two of us,
Working together day to day
Together.

And when the evening comes we smile,
So much of life ahead
We'll find a place where there's room to grow,

#809316 people of wal-mart

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 03 October 2009 - 05:28 PM in The Shizz General Forum

Now I plan my outfits more carefully when hitting up wal-mart at 3 in the morning.

#809284 people of wal-mart

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 03 October 2009 - 02:58 PM in The Shizz General Forum

yeah...it's kinda lame...mean-spirited. :(

#809140 Phx art scene

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 03 October 2009 - 12:20 AM in The Shizz General Forum

Phoenix is a stepping-stone city. For every 5 people that move here 3 people move away. That's why it is good for artists beginning their career. There are many entry-level opportunities and chances to get involved. Once an artist achieves a certain level of success here, it is difficult to progress without looking outside the city and region for opportunities. Therefore, artists emerge until they are at a mid-level: they're not beginners, and they're able to eke out a living and be self-supporting artists, but the opportunities just aren't available in this town as much for locals. The Phoenix Art Museum was proud of itself for featuring local artists in their recent exhibition, Phantom Sightings, but those types of shows are few and far between for locals. Think of the music scene here. There are plenty of places to play for beginning bands or hobby bands, but where do you play if you are a professional musician and can draw more than 200 people to a show? How often do Shizz bands get to play the Marquee or Dodge or Celebrity Theatre? There needs to be something in between the downtown galleries and Scottsdale galleries. Bentley Projects tried to be this--but it failed and dropped many artists in the state who had emerged and were professors in art departments who now have no gallery representation here. This is why artists who have emerged must move away in order to take advantage of bigger opportunities that just aren't available here. Creative Capital did research in Phoenix in 2006 on the art scene and this was their conclusion. Artists who want to make a plan for becoming self-supporting should take advantage of Creative Capital. They have grants and other professional development tools to help artists.

Kevin

Um, how many Shizz bands, that do original music, can draw 200 people?

There are Shizz bands that have played big venues.....a couple played the Rialto, but as an opener...

#809138 Phx art scene

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 03 October 2009 - 12:17 AM in The Shizz General Forum

Perhaps it's because people spend more time in their studio there, perhaps 'cool' people prefer seasonal variety & rain.

see whats great about being in a band here is that we don't have to worry about rain while loading our gear or snow for that matter. ever try to load super heavy gear on black ice?

Too true....Vermont/New Hampster/Mass were like that...Portland was okay, just rain, but I was only recording there. Good point, though, Chad.

#809003 Phx art scene

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 02 October 2009 - 03:33 PM in The Shizz General Forum

It was seems to me that my favorite art/music comes from places where it rains....

Perhaps it's because people spend more time in their studio there, perhaps 'cool' people prefer seasonal variety & rain. I know rainy weather=soft ground=basements, so I think that led to lot's of great music, so finding a good place to set up a studio/practice area was easy...

Maybe not, too.

(I'm a big Christina/Lara/Suzie fan....we have a lot of great female visual artists in Phoenix)

#808997 people of wal-mart

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 02 October 2009 - 03:16 PM in The Shizz General Forum

http://www.peopleofwalmart.com

#808546 Kimber Lanning - News

Posted by Hooray For Everything on 01 October 2009 - 04:31 PM in The Shizz General Forum

I'm with ya...

I just hated feeling like I was fighting with you, I adore you.

I'm sure you know that, though.