IQ32's Content

There have been 128 items by IQ32 (Search limited from 16-May 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#888119 Martin Shizzmore: "Don't attend record store day. Sun City Gir

Posted by IQ32 on 12 April 2010 - 02:47 PM in The Shizz General Forum

haha, i found that out after I posted it... very funny though.

if you want to move this to general discussion you can. i guess it is about an actual show though so maybe it can stay here. either way, pretty funny.

#888100 Martin Shizzmore: "Don't attend record store day. Sun City Gir

Posted by IQ32 on 12 April 2010 - 02:24 PM in The Shizz General Forum

http://blogs.phoenix...ew_single_a.php

Pigeon Religion's New Single: A Tape of Me Talking About How Much They Suck
By Martin Cizmars, Monday, Apr. 12 2010 @ 7:43AM

​Pigeon Religion has a new "single" up on their MySpace. "Why Do You Hate" is probably the best work the band has ever done, because it's just a snippet of me talking about how terrible they are during my appearance on The Blaze's Guest DJ Week. Actually, I quite prefer it to their last single, "Crystallized Meth."

I ask again: How did these guys get a showcase at SxSW?

You might also enjoy this blowjobby interview with the band from what seems like an intern at Spinner.com.

Also, they're playing at Eastside Records this Saturday for record store day. Please do not go.

some of Cizmars genious statments made in the comments of this post:

No, Anonymous, I have no idea who Eddy Detroit is. I'm pretty confident 99.99% of the people in metro Phoenix don't either. Contrary to popular belief it's not my job to know every obscure musician you and your friends ever had pizza with.

With zero diss taken, no, James, I had no idea who Sun City Girls were.

Obscure Arizona punk bands that were formed before I was born are not my specialty, nor have I ever pretended they are. I know these historical bands are important to a lot of punks/DIY kids in Phoenix, but no one I've ever talked to about this stuff has ever namechecked them. Perhaps in a place with so little musical history people feel the need to cling to whatever they can. SSG, JFA, whatever. That's cool, but I won't be ashamed to not know or care anything about them.

We all know and love plenty of obscure bands no one else in this thread has heard of... That's nothing to brag about or be ashamed of.

my bad, move this to general discussion if you like.

#887718 RECORD STORE WEEKEND TRANSMISSIONS

Posted by IQ32 on 11 April 2010 - 11:18 PM in Shows and Stuff

BOTH FREE. BOTH WILL BE GLORIOUS CELEBRATIONS OF CONSUMER CULTURE AND MATERIALISM. JOIN US IN A GATHERING OF GLUTTON AND EGO'S.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#872139 Black Metal show tonight at the TRIBE in phoenix

Posted by IQ32 on 08 March 2010 - 03:51 PM in Shows and Stuff

Nuclear War Now + Klaxon present:

ASHDAUTAS
VOLAHN
AXEMAN
+ Nightgaun from JAPAN
& SATANS MONK from HELL

TONIGHT!
At The Tribe
starts at 7PM!

Three of the best USBM bands going right now. This show will be great!

Posted Image

http://www.facebook....75455618&ref=nf

#869630 My new bands first show!

Posted by IQ32 on 02 March 2010 - 11:58 AM in Shows and Stuff

there is a band called "The Rogue" playing at The Rogue? Thats cool

#868685 Thanks to Martin Cizmar from the Phoenix New Times

Posted by IQ32 on 27 February 2010 - 11:31 PM in The Shizz General Forum

yeah, if i wasnt in a band playing this I would have come to the show to at least catch stephens set. he said it was good though. good night all around.

#868622 Thanks to Martin Cizmar from the Phoenix New Times

Posted by IQ32 on 27 February 2010 - 05:16 PM in The Shizz General Forum

This show would have been a success either way, but we can't help but thank Mr. Shizzmore for helping to spread the word and increasing the draw by at least a few. I know there was a show at the trunkspace as well as the nile, so thanks for helping to make this show a complete success. Below is proof:

Only got pics of magnum force, and one of lenguas largas. Show was fun though! If anyone else took pictures, point me in their direction...

http://policestory.tumblr.com
http://policestory.tumblr.com

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#867990 Currently Listening To:

Posted by IQ32 on 26 February 2010 - 02:12 AM in The Shizz General Forum

SPK - Auto Da Fe

Great record. Was just listening to this thing last night!

#867330 Currently Listening To:

Posted by IQ32 on 24 February 2010 - 05:16 PM in The Shizz General Forum

throbbing gristle - mission of dead souls cassette

#867219 The Age Of Quarrel Is Upon Us

Posted by IQ32 on 24 February 2010 - 02:48 PM in Shows and Stuff

no. its never enough. some day you'll learn.

#867084 Records for sale

Posted by IQ32 on 24 February 2010 - 12:04 PM in The Shizz General Forum

sorry I didn't catch your post. Some of them are up on ebay now as a lot:

http://cgi.ebay.com/...=STRK:MESELX:IT

you can view the rest of my auctions here:

http://shop.ebay.com...=&_trksid=p4340

#866140 The Age Of Quarrel Is Upon Us

Posted by IQ32 on 22 February 2010 - 09:11 PM in Shows and Stuff

well ill be there. wish this was at the nile though.

#865321 ATTN: Black Metal Fans

Posted by IQ32 on 21 February 2010 - 04:44 AM in Shows and Stuff

Nuclear War Now + Klaxon present:

ASHDAUTAS
VOLAHN
AXEMAN
+ special guest(s)

Monday, March 8 2010 (in 15 days)
At The Tribe
starts at 7PM!

Three of the best USBM bands going right now. I think all three are playing Chaos In Tejas, but you should see them in Phoenix because a lot of shit overlaps in at Chaos and you might end up missing 'em. Example: Volahn is playing the same time as Masshysteri. This show will be fucking nutso!

Posted Image

#864440 Records for sale

Posted by IQ32 on 18 February 2010 - 04:47 PM in The Shizz General Forum

yeah, released it last year.

#864059 WORN IN RED (No Idea Records) FEBRUARY 15TH

Posted by IQ32 on 17 February 2010 - 06:41 PM in Shows and Stuff

what cake?

#864029 WORN IN RED (No Idea Records) FEBRUARY 15TH

Posted by IQ32 on 17 February 2010 - 05:37 PM in Shows and Stuff

if you knew him you'd know he's needlessly bratty and disrespectful in all aspects of his life, so the show was no exception, and was nothing personal. we all had fun and thought the show was good. and not that its an excuse, but we came off a pretty bad weekend as well (including a roommate being arrested on felony charges)

#864028 Records for sale

Posted by IQ32 on 17 February 2010 - 05:35 PM in The Shizz General Forum

yeah i know. they are worth a little. just need the money though.

#863977 Records for sale

Posted by IQ32 on 17 February 2010 - 03:17 PM in The Shizz General Forum

would rather sell them locally so I dont have to deal with shipping. Make an offer or express interest and we'll work something out. Willing to work more on price if you buy more than one thing, or an entire lot.

LPS:
Crime Desire – We Hate All Life LP – Lifes A Rape records (screen printed, cardboard cover with both inserts)
Rorschach – Protestant LP – Gern Blandsten records (Pushead Edition! super limited screen printed cover w/ an original signed pushead insert, stamped number 10 / 500, marble grey vinyl)
Limp Wrist – 2nd LP – self release (Record release / Japan tour edition, blank labels and two screen printed covers)
Endless Blockade – Primitive LP – 20 buck spin (preorder edition out of 100. Special screen printed cover)
Mind Eraser – Glacial Reign – Painkiller records (original press, black vinyl)
Francis Harold and the Holograms – s/t LP – Hozac Records (#11/50 limited edition Vinyl Solution record store edition. Hand painted covers. Only sold at Vinyl Solution in Huntington Beach, CA)
V/A – Nothings Quite On The Eastern Front – Reservoir records (feat. Dropdead, monster x, black army jacket, brutal truth and more w/ newsprint insert)
Blatz / Filth – Split LP – Alternative Tentacles (2009 reissue)
The Stupids – Peruvian Vacation LP – COR Records (ltd green vinyl with crazy photocopied insert.)
The Stupids – Retard Picnic – COR records (black vinyl, blood spattered insert, original press)
Total Fury – Ears Go Deaf LP – self release (limited 2008 tour edition. Awesome shiny silver screen printed cover)
Ten Yard Fight – Back On Track – Equal Vision (comes with fold out poster)
Avskum – Uppror Underifran – Prank Records
V/A – Reality Part #2 – Deep Six records (feat. Asshole parade, infest, dystopia, despise you, spazz, MITB, etc. comes with cardstock insert)
Black Hell – Deformers of the Universe LP – Hater Of God records

7’s:
Raw Nerve – Teens In Heat 7” – Video Disease records (super limited screen printed cover w/ insert. Sold on the youth attack website in minutes. Youth Attack LP in the works)
Bad Brains – Pay To Cum 7” – bad brain records (original press with stamped sleeve. This version didn’t come with a cover, but I printed one up myself anyway)
GAI – Extermination EP 7” – bootleg (rare bootleg. The original is a flexi, this is not. Makes for easier playing)
ANS – tour ’07 – self released (songs that were supposed to be on a split that fell through. One sided record. #61/100)
Weekend Nachos – Torture EP – tooth decay records (think this is their first record. From 2005. Very hard to find)
Uzi Suicide – Comin At Cha – unholy thrash records (screen printed brown paper bag edition sold at 2007 disaster fest only)
Uzi Suicide – s/t 7” – 625 records (blue and white marble vinyl)
Uzi Suicide / Pretty Little Flower split 7” (not sure who put this out)
Jay Reatard – Blood Demos 7” – Stained Circles records
Jay Reatard – see/saw b/w screaming hand – matador records (matador singles collection)
Coke Bust – Demo 7” – headcount records (grey marble vinyl, limited blue cover)
Hatred Surge – Servant b/w Bestial 7” – Deer Healer records (super rare, blank labels, stamped cover)
Harms Way – Delusion b/w Repression 7” – organized crime records
Scapegoat – s/t 7” – painkiller records (first press, bought on their tour)
Hatred Surge – Isolated Human 7” – Painkiller records (first press black vinyl)
Soul Swallower – s/t 7” – collapse records (purple vinyl, original press)
Down In Flames – Start the fucking fire 7” – gloom records (red vinyl, photocopied cover)
Iron Lung / Hatred Surge – Broken Collaboration – self released (blank labels, Chaos In Tejas version, limited to 100. #82)

5”-
Spazz – Tastin Spoon picture disc – clean plate records (super limited spazz release)

FUCKED UP LOT:
(would prefer to sell as a lot, but might sell individually depending on offer)

David Christmas 7" (very nicely opened, played once. wrapping still intact as well as ribbon)
Black cross 7”
Black Army 7”
Toronto fc 7" (split with hardskin. stamped address inside. no future)
Shred Yer Face feat. Fucked Up / The Bronx / Rolo Tomassi 7” (matador)
Litany 7" (test pattern)
Litany 7" (havoc)
No Pasaran b/w circling the drain 7" (deranged)
split with haymaker 7" (on clear. deep six)
triumph of life b/w neat parts 7" (pink vinyl. jade tree)
dance of death 7" (black vinyl. deranged)
dangerous fumes 7" (deranged)
police 7" (deranged)
Crooked Head 7" (matador)
Year Of The Pig UK 7" (matador)
Year Of The Pig JAPAN 7" (matador)
Year Of The Pig US 7" (matador)

hidden world 2xLP gatefold (jadetree)
year of the rat LP (whats your rupture)
year of the dog LP (white labels)
year of the pig (stamped labels, whats your rupture)
let likes be cured by likes LP (two copies) (schizophrenia, blue and black swirl vinyl)
looking for gold LP (stamped label)
chemistry of common life LP (matador records)
Pink Eyes - worldwide columbine LP (slasher)

Dropdead Lot:

Self Titled LP – Armageddon Records (ltd edition clear vinyl 131/257 w/ pro printed insert)
Self Titled LP – Armageddon Records (ltd edition purple vinyl w/ photocopied insert)
Discography LP – Flat Earth Records (screen printed cover with full dropdead newspaper insert)
Deconstructed by Pleasurehorse LP – Load records (limited edition “remix” of Dropdeads stuff. Released for their 1998 US tour)

Mind Eraser Lot:

World Unfolds 7” – bootleg (one of the most elusive mind eraser releases. This is a bootleg. Only 300 exist, with almost all of the covers being printed on sticker paper. Only a few have popped up with orange cardstock covers like this one)
Prodigal Son Brings Death 7” - youngblood records (limited orange vinyl out of /150)
Live on WFMU 8-Track – Welfare records (still sealed, #27/50, SUPER rare)
Size Large Mind Eraser “two worlds” shirt (2 color screen printed shirt. Black and red on white shirt)

#863575 New Times talks shit on house shows

Posted by IQ32 on 16 February 2010 - 05:03 PM in The Shizz General Forum

At the Cagematch EP show at The Manor, I wanted to get on the mic and introduce myself as Martin Shizzmore. I figure that no one really knows me and that maybe they'd think I was really him. I would have talked some shit too like about the 'scene' being pathetic and house shows being anti-productive.

But alas, I had no guts.

oh my god dude, you TOTALY should have done this. Do it at the JUDY show!!!!!!!

#863388 WORN IN RED (No Idea Records) FEBRUARY 15TH

Posted by IQ32 on 16 February 2010 - 12:45 PM in Shows and Stuff

exactly

#863361 WORN IN RED (No Idea Records) FEBRUARY 15TH

Posted by IQ32 on 16 February 2010 - 11:49 AM in Shows and Stuff

yeah, show was way fun. all the bands were good as expected. except elders. band sucks.

#863059 WORN IN RED (No Idea Records) FEBRUARY 15TH

Posted by IQ32 on 15 February 2010 - 02:50 PM in Shows and Stuff

excited.

#861529 The Money Will Roll Right In

Posted by IQ32 on 11 February 2010 - 02:02 AM in Shows and Stuff

Fang was great. Show was fun. Pleasure playing with everyone.

#861229 The Money Will Roll Right In

Posted by IQ32 on 10 February 2010 - 12:34 PM in Shows and Stuff

This show will rule. Don't miss your chance to see FANG. Elders plays first at 8 so get there around 9 and you should be good to go.

#860481 Pigeon Religion-Crystallized Meth 7 Inch AVAILABLE SOON

Posted by IQ32 on 09 February 2010 - 12:24 AM in The Shizz General Forum

Posted Image

After two 7 inches, several tapes, an LP that no one has heard, and countless shows, Pigeon Religion's third 7 inch "Crystallized Meth" will be available for mass consumption on Video Disease Records.

Previously released as a cassette tape with shortened versions of 2 songs, this release will feature the songs on that cassette, in there full, unedited form, along with an unreleased track.

Expected release is early to mid March 2010. This release will be limited to 400 copies only, and there will be no repress for this record. There will also be a limited, mail order only edition of the 7 inch limited to the first 100 orders.

For the uninitiated, Pigeon Religion plays a Flipper/Birthday Party style drone that only the sun bleached landscape of Arizona could produce. Harsh feedback and uncomfortable riffs conjure up images of abandoned meth labs and blood stained dumpsters, those that have witnessed there live performances can attest to the disturbing atmosphere that Pigeon Religion can create.

The band will have these available for there shows at South by Southwest. For those of you who won't be at South by Southwest, you can purchase the record here: http://vdrecords.bigcartel.com/

Check here for information on current, and future releases: http://videodisease.blogspot.com/