innerear's Content

There have been 46 items by innerear (Search limited from 20-May 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#948715 RIP John Tsamis

Posted by innerear on 15 September 2010 - 02:10 PM in The Shizz General Forum

This is extremely sad...  I hadn't seen him in a couple years but he was an awesome guy that would make me smile during our random run ins.

#931166 Necronauts Double Album Release Shows

Posted by innerear on 03 August 2010 - 12:27 PM in Shows and Stuff

awesome abe! i'll save you a seat next to hissong! :ph34r:

Clearing my calender

#931164 sound/PA question

Posted by innerear on 03 August 2010 - 12:19 PM in The Shizz General Forum

what TenderLad said

I don't know if he remembers but that was the magical thing I learned from innerear many years ago when volunteering at the modified. He taught me that if you heard a certain frequency feedingback, you would just lower that frequency down with the equalizer. Sometimes I got the wrong frequency at first and would be fiddling with frequencies trying to find the right one, but after awhile you knew which frequencies where the common trouble areas to look for, and this allowed you to crank the P.A. up more than you could previously ;)

It sucks being rather new at working a soundboard while an out of town band is playing and feeding back and looking at you from the stage like you are an idiot. You can either turn the mains down, or just turn the frequency down that is feeding back, not an easy decision at first because just turning the mains down is the easiest thing to do, but not really the best if you can just drop the frequency that is feeding back. Definitely something you learn to pick up quickly in those situations.

See I aint all bad.

Alot of good suggestions. I think the easy way is to grab a graphic eq and ring out your room. I would advise against behringer because more often then not it just makes everything sound even worse.. But Rane, DBX, even alesis make ok Graphics for fairly cheap.
I'm sure the mics you have are very simular to if not sm58s they should be fine.

#928855 my fucking birthday party

Posted by innerear on 28 July 2010 - 12:38 PM in The Shizz General Forum

If you don't wear pantyhose and/or show your junk you count me in.

#927713 Black Cactus Records Launch Party - 7.23.10

Posted by innerear on 26 July 2010 - 11:12 AM in Shows and Stuff

hiss! hey how ya doin?

Posted Image

idle threats.

hells angels were there though...

I was fully planning on attending, then I had a last minute session get booked.  I suppose I still could have gone, but since I'd been up since 7 and worked a 12 hour work day I decided that staying in Phoenix an hanging out with an attractive girl seemed like a much better way of spending my evening.  Plus Billy I wouldn't like you as a christian.

#926552 Black Cactus Records Launch Party - 7.23.10

Posted by innerear on 22 July 2010 - 06:33 PM in Shows and Stuff

oh yeah after tomorrow you're gonna be christian so get all of your hedonism in tonight.

#926550 Black Cactus Records Launch Party - 7.23.10

Posted by innerear on 22 July 2010 - 06:30 PM in Shows and Stuff

[quote name='billy' date='22 July 2010 - 05:59 PM' timestamp='1279846773' post='926540']
i wasnt there during the real, "interview", shall we say, so i cant attest to anything that was said by my beloved labelmates. i know they werent spewing hate out the entire time, i'd guess thats the exciting angle the new timers put on it to sell more ads!! hark! new ad accounts! i dont know. if ya really got a bug in the keyster, ask all my labelmates at the imaginary show you will be at tomorrow night. they are all nice well adjusted guys and gals. i say nothing in the whole article. SURPRISE. i do want to put the record straight on the cliche hotel room story, we (with steve-o, tempe nasty boy) just finished destroying our hotel room at the s(p)undial in cottonwood or jerome or wherever it was. dale room hopped over to their room and helped them out a bit with their destructiveness too, which i heard about later while driving the van home and admired all parties involved. the crying lady hadn't even got to our grand finale yet and she was crying, or maybe she had and thats why she was crying when she saw their room. double whammy. either way we have no ill will towards those dudes. i just think its funny that they have a reputation (with the new times staff i guess?) for being CrAzyInDieRocknRollerZ. i emailed toby after i read the journalism and told him we probably had something to do with the lady crying too, i dont know if he has forgiven me yet.

as far as the bob thing goes, we just recorded six songs there a year or so ago and a couple will be on our new double cd WHICH COMES OUT SEPTEMBER 4! :ph34r: . got no ill will against him or his studio, his basement blew my mind.

thats all i got hiss. fire away dawgins.
[/quote

I have no Ill will towards you what so ever... You know that.
I also knew of your envolvement in the "destruction" but I wouldn't throw you under the bus. I also have been told it was a wee bit exagerated... If it was miss quoted thats one thing, but if not thats pretty shitty.
Bob's studio pretty cool. A lot of studios in this town pretty cool.
Buy this
http://www.zazzle.co...002475950003100
Oh and I have been given dozens of nicknames but that is one of my favorites!
good job.

#926519 Black Cactus Records Launch Party - 7.23.10

Posted by innerear on 22 July 2010 - 04:49 PM in Shows and Stuff

oh no, pleeeease dont bring the hoofs! those guys are REaLLy ToOO CrAzY!

oh and when i see you at this show mike i'll convert to christianity immediately cuz i'll know the world will be ending soon and hell will be a frozen tundra.

I will hold you to that Billy....
Your label mates seem to think hooves are so evil and bad....
Pushing out a bunch of hate whilst trying to bring solidarity to the Phoenix music "scene". Pretty funny if you ask me and people think I'm an asshole.

#926487 Black Cactus Records Launch Party - 7.23.10

Posted by innerear on 22 July 2010 - 03:16 PM in Shows and Stuff

I'm showing up with The Hooves and maybe Bob. So we can see how trust worthy professionals (but not to professional) do things.

#921785 Lonna and Friends Presents: Robin Vinings Birthday Celebration

Posted by innerear on 09 July 2010 - 02:45 PM in Shows and Stuff

Birthday cake will be served. Since is isn't made yet you get to choose PG or R rated???

How's abouts NC-17

Ok Not sure what would make a NC-17 cake. Boobs with the nipples covered??? I need ideas people.

I think there has to be penetration, I may be wrong.. But that's highly unlikely

#921736 Lonna and Friends Presents: Robin Vinings Birthday Celebration

Posted by innerear on 09 July 2010 - 12:58 PM in Shows and Stuff

Oh it's not real ban Carla likes me an employee has "banned" me. Hasn't stopped me from going though, it was more of a joke for ROP, Bunny, Lonna, and RV

#921716 Lonna and Friends Presents: Robin Vinings Birthday Celebration

Posted by innerear on 09 July 2010 - 12:18 PM in Shows and Stuff

But I'm banned from CARLY'S!!!!!!

#920591 Currently sb1070.....

Posted by innerear on 06 July 2010 - 12:51 PM in The Shizz General Forum

Getting a statement made to post on FB fan pages of people/bands like Rage Against the Machine, Joe Satriani, Maroon5, etc. to ask them NOT to boycott az and why it is understood they are making a statement, it is also hurting the wrong people. And having people start posting these all over FB.

I thought was about sb1070 not about bitching how others are protesting the bill? Yeah I won't be there.

#918057 Sound Strike

Posted by innerear on 28 June 2010 - 03:47 PM in The Shizz General Forum

I'm sure they are going around telling each other how great they are. But them Boycotting is bringing more attention to the problem then if they do nothing, I think giving celebritys credit for anything beside making their art is stupid but thats just my opinion. But I realize that most people idiolize muscians and other celebrities so more power to them.

I already stated somethings to do start patetions send them to your goverment officials. Go to Scottsdale door to door with information on how sb1070 is unconstitutional and unjust. Give them facts on how crime has not risen in the past 15 years despite what is being said. All of these may not make sudden impacts but the more noise there is the more they get concered. It's easy to get on a soap box around people who agree with everything you say try doing it in front of people who disagree.

Oh and have sex with hot mexicans.

#918034 Sound Strike

Posted by innerear on 28 June 2010 - 03:09 PM in The Shizz General Forum

Donald makes some good points.

I do believe the very public boycott of South Carolina among other things lead to South Carolina taking down the flag.
I believe a Boycott does the exact same thing as marches to the capitol or gathering people to form an SOS, it's drawing attention to the problem. And I think you are misguided in thinking that 50,000 people is alot in a state of a population of 6.6 million in a metropolitan area with a population of 4 million in a city with a population of 1.5 million. Particullarly with a large population of those people marching coming from other parts of the country. Most polls I have seen from both libral and conservative media have both stated that more people are for sb1070 then against... Anywhere ranging from upper 50% to 70%.
Personally I also think sitting in your little knitting circle and telling each other how great you are for disliking the same things is really not doing anything besides maybe pumping up your egos a little.

The only positive I've seen in this post was from donald saying to get involved and getting involved doesn't mean speaking to like minding people. It means presenting facts to those that are either on the fence on the matter or on the other side of the fence, and voting and writing your goverment officials.

#918001 Sound Strike

Posted by innerear on 28 June 2010 - 01:54 PM in The Shizz General Forum

I agree with the boycott.
You people seem to forgot that although your close nit like minded friends are all opposed to this bill the majority of the state is actually for it. Just like many black artist in the 60s boycotted many of the southern states, and many bands boycotted South Carolina in the late 90s for flying the confederate flag, I think it makes sense. If I didn't live here I would boycott us. We are the minority on this.
And for it being an easy protest, If you have ever done any extensive touring you will realize there are large gaps between cities in the southwest and taking out an entire state make those gaps even larger. Which really means you're gonna have to have no shows for a day or maybe two. Even for a large band taking a day or two off means losing money for a day or two.

#911763 Colorstore//FeelFree//MyEducation

Posted by innerear on 11 June 2010 - 04:40 PM in Shows and Stuff

I wish I could oblige but other commitments will keep down here in the dessert. I'm sure rop will be a fine substitute though.

#909131 Lost Leaf 3rd Anniversary Show

Posted by innerear on 04 June 2010 - 02:58 PM in Shows and Stuff

I have heard Haunted Cologne's music and enjoyed it, though I boycott their current lineup.

I am sure I will see them someday

Hey Dave did you ever think saying things like this and things like your early post may be instigating a little bit?
I personally have done things for less.
Just friendly advice.

Makes you a dangerous bad person also then?

Sure it's instigating, but I stand up for what I believe in.
You either stand with me or not.

So what do you believe in being an ass? Because it seems like thats the only thing your standing up for.....
How come I'm the only one you're drawing the line in the sand with? What about the dozens of other mutual friends?

So you know it's instigating, So are you gonna cry like a little girl again when he beats your ass?

Yes I'm a bad dangerous person.

#906708 Suns Thread....

Posted by innerear on 28 May 2010 - 02:18 PM in The Shizz General Forum

I'm boycotting Treasure Mammal.

#905963 Lost Leaf 3rd Anniversary Show

Posted by innerear on 26 May 2010 - 04:27 PM in Shows and Stuff

I have heard Haunted Cologne's music and enjoyed it, though I boycott their current lineup.

I am sure I will see them someday

Hey Dave did you ever think saying things like this and things like your early post may be instigating a little bit?
I personally have done things for less.
Just friendly advice.

#904885 I Am So Lost

Posted by innerear on 24 May 2010 - 11:01 AM in The Shizz General Forum

one thing that really bothered me in this episode:

after the island-hole is uncorked, jack punches 'locke' and he bleeds, giving the big reveal that now he can be hurt / killed. this is a big deal because nothing, including the protector of the island can hurt / kill the main in black, so this is a turning point, right?

however, in 'across the sea', once jacob finds mib has killed their mother, he punches him in the face a few times and mib is bleeding all over the place. i had assumed at this point that jacob / whoever could physically hurt mib but not kill him. now in the final episode we see mib bleeding as a sign that he is now mortal, even though he bled previously under similar circumstances but remained invincible.

am i missing something here, or is this just another example of sloppy / lazy writing?

jacob and mibs fight was before he was the smoke monster.
I think it was a cop out of an ending. To me the biggest character in the series was the Island itself. No resolve on what it was/is. I liked the episode actually just not the resolution.

#903694 Suns Thread....

Posted by innerear on 20 May 2010 - 04:11 PM in The Shizz General Forum

Lakers are up 2-0. What now? I think the Suns will take one in Phoenix and then we can put this one in the fridge. bye.

it was nice of the lakers to make room on the bandwagon for you, abe.

Me? Jumping on the bandwagon? I was raised in Los Angeles and I lived there for 15 years. Also, I have been watching the Lakers play before Magic Johnson had aids. Real talk. Nothing against the Suns... I think they are a great team. But, I am not very fond of their strategy.

Abe I'm pretty sure I can't hang out with you untill this series is over or untill the suns start making it competative.

#902667 All Leather Mesa Underground May 19th

Posted by innerear on 18 May 2010 - 01:05 PM in Shows and Stuff

Posted Image

#902655 Justin Pearson Book Signing

Posted by innerear on 18 May 2010 - 12:55 PM in Shows and Stuff

This is tomorrow, plus later that night his band All Leather are playing at the underground.
I know Chad can't wait. :)

#902345 NOVA

Posted by innerear on 17 May 2010 - 03:04 PM in Shows and Stuff

Mig if you play a single note before the suns game is over I will pee on all of your records.