vitaminardi's Content

There have been 19 items by vitaminardi (Search limited from 05-May 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#933357 half visconte

Posted by vitaminardi on 09 August 2010 - 12:50 PM in The Shizz General Forum

Half Visconte was a project active in Phoenix/Tempe Arizona from about 1996-2000. This is a link to their two studio recordings:

Half Visconte discography

#932775 The Ruby Lee EP

Posted by vitaminardi on 07 August 2010 - 12:25 PM in The Shizz General Forum

They're Blue

This was a group active in AZ around 2003-2004. The EP plus 2 additional tracks can be downloaded for free at the above link.

thanks!

#931289 My old band

Posted by vitaminardi on 03 August 2010 - 05:32 PM in The Shizz General Forum

I really liked this band! I think I saw this gig maybe...its such a blur.

#925391 download my record!

Posted by vitaminardi on 20 July 2010 - 09:04 AM in The Shizz General Forum

Hi shizz-people!

please go Here!

#832836 I turn 21 in like 2 weeks

Posted by vitaminardi on 30 November 2009 - 03:23 PM in The Shizz General Forum

ahhhh shit this is turning out to be a good idea I say we go bowl but ill need at least someone to drink with me!

its also a little known fact that a crucial scene from Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure was filmed at the AMC Bowling alley Near rural and the freeway. maybe the designated driver can dress up like napoleon?

#832832 the old days....

Posted by vitaminardi on 30 November 2009 - 03:18 PM in The Shizz General Forum

I was donalds neighbor at this ultra-cruddy apartment complex near ASU at around 2002. 4 ground-level cinderblock 1 room apartments. The manager was this dude named Glen, he had this really cool family and a miniature Doberman that would escape and run all over the place and bark at me. I can't remember the situation, but, I think I was knocking on Donalds door, and Mike Montoya shows up, and lets himself in with a key. The inside of the apartment is packed with guitar cases and amps floor to ceiling and Donald wakes up in his briefs and is a little out of it and surprised when mike barges in. That's sort of how I remember it...in any case it cracks me up.

#832113 I turn 21 in like 2 weeks

Posted by vitaminardi on 27 November 2009 - 03:39 PM in The Shizz General Forum

Go bowling. Being 21 at a bowling alley is a heck of a lot more fun. get a designated driver friend too.

#828872 activism

Posted by vitaminardi on 17 November 2009 - 05:39 PM in The Shizz General Forum

The extent of my activism is really just through my lifestyle choices. I've been eating vegetarian for almost a year now, and I try to ride my bike whenever I can. I'm not too politically minded, but I should be. I've been trying to keep up with news a little bit more, but it's hard for things to hold my interest. Like what JJames said, I'm just too preoccupied with school and music and the like.

Mshell, I'm glad that you had a worthwhile trip! You could tell me all about it when I see you tomorrow. Also, you should let me know when you plan on doing more "active" activist . . . activities.

I'm busy like everyone else...I don't think anyone really has time anyhow...I know I don't.....I said in my last post that basically showing up to things is the biggest accomplishment anyone can make. I went to several critical mass events in chicago between 2004 and 2006, and it was fucking amazing and possible because of the amount of people that simply showed up! when there's a small turnout for events like this, its a disaster! I'm not saying, show up all the time, but if one makes an effort to show up to things that matter every once in a while or once a year, then it just makes everything way more awesome. activism is about people. I was in chicago during the immigration marches.... that was nuts...lots of people showed up and it was like a freaking party.

Its not only about showing up, but there is a lot of things that are incredibly important, but not as cool/sexy as other things, like answering letters and emails, mailing shit, putting up posters, data input for mailing lists. this shit adds up, and there are a shit-tonne of people who need work like this done.

#828521 activism

Posted by vitaminardi on 16 November 2009 - 07:08 PM in The Shizz General Forum

A lot of the best types of activism I've seen is really about connecting with people and simply showing up to events. The more events you show up to, the more like minded people you can connect with. You can write a lot and talk about your ideas using all kinds of media, but simply JUST showing up in person is a terrific and easy way to get started.

Issues such as climate change and global politics can be daunting...one thing thats rad is finding locals that focus on local issues. Where i live homelessness is a big issue, and once you dig into the complexities surrounding it, such as the international drug trade, the war on drugs, greedy developers, the cost of living, and housing accessibillity, you realize that what you do in your neighborhood is directly related connected to global issues. local action is global action

What kinds of things do you buy? do you eat a lot of processed food and meat? do you own a car? At the risk of ruffling a lot of feathers here, I'm going to say that these are critical questions to ask. We live in a consumer-capatalist society that hinges on this overwhelming concept of scarcity....never enough protien, never enough gas, never enough money, never enough love...

if you are for environmental justice, then contemporary farming methods with its associated pollution to the air, water and soil, dangerous labor practices (gee why are all these illegals working at processing plants?), and byproducts of dangerous illnesses should logically disturb you. Does the average citizen think about that shit when they chomp down on a tasty burger...most likely not...i'm not naive, but dreams are awesome. I personally think that what you spend your money on AND stuff in your mouth speaks volumes.

just some thoughts....

#826223 Jacki O's threads make me hate myself!

Posted by vitaminardi on 10 November 2009 - 08:32 PM in The Shizz General Forum

there are a lot of haters out there - male, female, black, white, all those other races....

it aint women vs. men. it's freedom v. control!

we're not being taught by the powers that be to be respectful to our fellow citzens, our environment, other countries, religions, civil rights....

we're being taught to go to war, rape and torture are ok, buy buy buy, you must try to make the most money possible bc life is a race!

fuck that shit.

i want to be loved and love, smoke joints and drink coffee, paint and make music, garden and go to street fairs, dance and not be ashamed of my body or my country

This is the best writing I've seen on here in a long time.

#824270 The Mid-term elections and Republican victories

Posted by vitaminardi on 05 November 2009 - 05:48 PM in The Shizz General Forum

the US needs to learn from the EU...
Posted Image
This 22 year old mohawk/mulleted chick is now in the EU parliament representing the Pirate Party.

http://torrentfreak....liament-091104/

hey canada, no sh*t, has:

http://www.thesexpar...latform-federal

and!

http://www.google.ca...8lIJ3cb97lQreMA

AND!

http://bcmarijuanaparty.com/

"eh?" is for awesome.

#824223 Proud to be italian

Posted by vitaminardi on 05 November 2009 - 03:59 PM in The Shizz General Forum

Italy sentences CIA operatives in absentia:

http://www.hrw.org/e...dition-practice

#807840 there i fixed it

Posted by vitaminardi on 30 September 2009 - 02:10 PM in The Shizz General Forum

this is really amazing...I could submit an entire volume of images from my apartment. I have this landlord that pretty much does all his own home renovations...even the plumbing.

#807294 The Company Cookbook

Posted by vitaminardi on 29 September 2009 - 04:26 PM in The Shizz General Forum

Tony i'm sure you'll like this

wow. i am, for the first time in history, not hungry. there's not a single appetizing thing in there. it's like the anti-cookbook.

this could be called... :"turn your cubicle into the FART CAVE"

#804982 It's Cougar Time!

Posted by vitaminardi on 24 September 2009 - 06:01 PM in The Shizz General Forum

what if he doesnt play baseball!?!?!?

do as they do in the music scene....grease some palms

#804979 Why the Phoenix Music Scene Sucks

Posted by vitaminardi on 24 September 2009 - 05:57 PM in The Shizz General Forum

I usually make appearances in and around december. out!

#804799 Why the Phoenix Music Scene Sucks

Posted by vitaminardi on 24 September 2009 - 02:30 PM in The Shizz General Forum

long live the suck. long live provocative hater threads.

long live shut the fuck up minardi.

dude...its just that, heck, it seems like whenever I check this thing out there is the obligitory "i hate local music" thread. They crack me up, and its always sort of a comfort to scroll through scroll through them....

"Tight -pants wearing jerks" check.

"citing the local record-store employee, message board admin, mafia-style lock-down on local entertainment" check.

if it wasn't for "suck", I wouldn't have any fun reading this damn thing.

and besides...don't be all defensive and shit. I've lived in and visited other places and it might surprise you that it SUCKS everywhere else. Phoenix didn't invent "suck" for crissake! you guys just need to get off the internet every once in while...

it f's up your DNA.

#803600 Why the Phoenix Music Scene Sucks

Posted by vitaminardi on 22 September 2009 - 06:19 PM in The Shizz General Forum

long live the suck. long live provocative hater threads.

#792210 Where Were You In "82"

Posted by vitaminardi on 28 August 2009 - 03:00 PM in Shows and Stuff

I was popping in '81, and locking in '82