Posted 22 June 2010 - 05:36 PM
Looks like an offer I put in on a house got accepted, but I'm freaking the fuck out...Need a pros/cons list to figure this shit out.
What are the things to consider that I'm not thinking of?
In no particular order:
- Location/Neighborhood are nice and quiet, feel safe (especially for what I can afford - 13th Ave, South of Indian School) - love it actually...Looked at almost 3 dozen other houses (drive-bys), and this was my favorite neighborhood (that was actually logistically workable)
- has a pool (which needs to be re-plastered...)
- A/C looks somewhat old-ish, so I'll have to budget for the likelihood of replacing that in the not-too-terribly-distant future
- is wood frame, not brick, with some somewhat fugly (redundant!) aluminum siding (which I don't really care all *that* much about, but I am worried about future re-sale). Gonna also get a termite inspection dealy if I move forward, but looks promising thus far
- Not too worried about schools and all that kid stuff, so that's not all that relevant (except for re-sale)
- realtor recommended getting a plumber to come run cameras through all the pipes to see what's going on with all that (home was built in '46, so all the galvanized steel was being used for WWII instead of pipes in houses, or some such nonsense) - definite question mark for now
- Shingles look good with the exception of one part of roof - which realtor things we can get them to fix
Feels like a "yes"...At least enough to go through with the inspection process...Lordy, what the fuck am I doing...