30 replies to this topic

#16 chadk

chadk

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 12:55 PM

speaking of longwongs, i hear theres a new one on mill across from the chillies and asu strip mall

i was told they don't have a liquor license yet

and that they are not doing shows yet?

anyone heard or been in? verify?

All the time when I tell people what I do they say, "Oh I don't understand art, I can't even draw." (or worse, "I only like art I can understand.") Well, ya know what, I don't know how to make a car, but I sure appreciate being able to drive one.

-trunkspace

#17 aaronburke

aaronburke

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzadmin
  • 7,100 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 12:56 PM

awesome, thanks for the info. that rocks to the MAX

#18 Guest_castles_*

Guest_castles_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 May 2006 - 01:02 PM

you said 'the rest of the band finished the show"...

the rest of WHAT band?

I thought that the other members of the Fall had flown home the previous night, no?

no, they decided to fly home after the show last night (phoenix). so it was preconcieved.

#19 Guest_edward_*

Guest_edward_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 May 2006 - 01:10 PM

I had no idea that Mr. Pharmacist was a cover song.

The new Long Wongs is a let down. It took over a really short lived Filibertos.
The food is mediocre, there is no booze, and there is absolutely no way to do a show in there.

#20 Hooray For Everything

Hooray For Everything

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,961 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 01:14 PM

Long Wongs is just a name that means they have the same wing recipe.

That's it.

The way the ol Long Wongs was has NOTHING to do that it was a Long Wongs, it had to do with the owners & the location.
"HFE...sometimes you seem serious when you are joking and jokey when your serious. You make me laugh and sob all at once. Bless you, and bless the great asshole in the sky that shit you out onto earth. Thank you...thaaaaaaank you. " - bb

"Real love amounts to withholding the truth, even when you're offered the perfect opportunity to hurt someone's feelings." - DS

"one persons harassment, is just another person trying to get there shit back, ever think-a that?"

"THIS JUST IN: SHANE KENNEDY LIKES NOTHING.

SHOCKER." - Mig50

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." ~Dr. Seuss

#21 Guest_jim_kotta_*

Guest_jim_kotta_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 May 2006 - 01:15 PM

There you go. castles summed it up nicely. Anybody know what the guy from the talk threw at Mark E. Smith? I couldn't tell what the hell it was. I seem to remember the rest of the Fall finishing the rest of the song after he hobbled off the stage and then they just started to play one more when Smith started dicking around with the equipment and deciding they were finished. I think it was a total of 3 1/2 songs.. $7.14 each for those who paid the full admission (I needed a calculator for that, pathetic, huh). That video / DJ whatever guy was atrocious too.

#22 billy

billy

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,499 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 01:33 PM

The food is mediocre, there is no booze, and there is absolutely no way to do a show in there.

word. its terrible. the food is over priced as well...

#23 chadk

chadk

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,323 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 01:54 PM

word thanks for the heads up

All the time when I tell people what I do they say, "Oh I don't understand art, I can't even draw." (or worse, "I only like art I can understand.") Well, ya know what, I don't know how to make a car, but I sure appreciate being able to drive one.

-trunkspace

#24 Big_Poppa

Big_Poppa

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 02:08 PM

Sorry to hijack the Fall thread.

If you miss the food at Long Wong's, I would suggest a trip to the nearest Teakwoods. Those wings!! MMmmmmm...... :)

#25 mancopter

mancopter

OCEAN MAN

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,266 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 02:23 PM

Sorry to hijack the Fall thread.

If you miss the food at Long Wong's, I would suggest a trip to the nearest Teakwoods. Those wings!! MMmmmmm...... :)

Order em Extra Crispy, Extra Sloppy to get Wongs style.

#26 SceneIsDead Concerts

SceneIsDead Concerts

Shizz Ninja

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 03:32 PM

Castles was close enough to explaining what happened at The Fall's show last night. There is a lot of other stuff that happened behind the scenes which I will not bother to mention on this board. All you need to know is Mark E. Smith is not a good person. And, he was hit in the temple with a banana.

#27 mancopter

mancopter

OCEAN MAN

• Shizzified
  • 8,266 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 03:36 PM

All you need to know is Mark E. Smith is not a good person.  And, he was hit in the temple with a banana.

:lol:

#28 Guest_tdreisert_*

Guest_tdreisert_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 May 2006 - 07:31 PM

well phoenix made pitchfork news today http://www.pitchfork.../06-05/08.shtml

#29 mancopter

mancopter

OCEAN MAN

• Shizzified
  • 8,266 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 10:36 PM

well phoenix made pitchfork news today http://www.pitchfork.../06-05/08.shtml

As NASCAR fanatics.

Shitty. :(

#30 degrae

degrae

Shizz Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 12:02 AM

Long Wong's was where people who didn't give a shit about popular opinion learned how to rip their live show from fantasy into reality. There are famillies that have moved to Arizona because they thought Long Wong's was the center of an important music scene, turns out, the people that write great tunes will find their own dive bar, and the people that listen to them need to do it in private to avoid offending those that disagree. The Emerald was one, watch Jugheads, and God Save the Hollywood Alley, if your local Starbucks forgets to pump money into the Trunk Space, they may be rightfully accused of killing another good place to be a songwriting musician. So my spelling sucks, I can't be fourteen again, I have to support the people that will kill themselves doing what they believe in, (preposition), now, start your own place up, and sell out when your friends are old and tired. Better yet, have a good idea and see it through to the end.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users