but so hot!

#32 Mary

Mary

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,934 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 06:48 AM

I just realized this is the same night as the Press Club banquet. Dang. Well, have fun, y'all.
Love like you don't need the money, dance like you've never been hurt, and work like nobody's watching.

#33 unluckycharm

unluckycharm

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,069 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 09:41 PM

SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAY ..!!!

#34 Tony

Tony

Tiger's Milk

• Shizzadmin
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 02:13 PM

College Times BOG article

i'm not sure why they elected to run a photo of us instead of the BOG logo, but i'm not complaining.
Emperors of Japan
Myspace

My thesis is called the "Black-Emperor-Says Theory" and holds that any any Phoenix-area indie rock festival there is a 100 percent probability that Emperors of Japan, Black Carl, and/or What Laura Says will be on the bill.

- Martin Shizzmore

#35 beefstew

beefstew

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,493 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 09:03 AM

College Times BOG article

i'm not sure why they elected to run a photo of us instead of the BOG logo, but i'm not complaining.

Hellz to the mutha-fuckin' yeeeahhh! WHAT?!

#36 Guest_Daily_*

Guest_Daily_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 May 2007 - 12:24 PM

Yep, the people behind Bands on Grand may not know what year it is but let's hope they can pull of something worth going to. If you find your ass down that way I would suggest dropping by Modified Arts and checking out "33 1/3 PHX" It starts at 3:pm on Saturday and goes for a fucking 33 hours and 20 minutes non-stop with a lineup of musicians that will make Bands on Grand seem like kids stuff. Don't get me wrong, I am all about supporting all types of music, but if you are looking for something really different and creative then 33 1/3 is your thing and it's free!!!!!!

www.supersessions.org go there and check out the lineup!!! Plus I think all musicians are welcome to come and sit in at some point.

#37 Tony

Tony

Tiger's Milk

• Shizzadmin
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 12:41 PM

Yep, the people behind Bands on Grand may not know what year it is but let's hope they can pull of something worth going to.

i don't even know what that means.
Emperors of Japan
Myspace

My thesis is called the "Black-Emperor-Says Theory" and holds that any any Phoenix-area indie rock festival there is a 100 percent probability that Emperors of Japan, Black Carl, and/or What Laura Says will be on the bill.

- Martin Shizzmore

#38 Guest_Daily_*

Guest_Daily_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 May 2007 - 01:04 PM

Yep, the people behind Bands on Grand may not know what year it is but let's hope they can pull of something worth going to.

i don't even know what that means.

It means in their first postings and logos they had the year as 2006. They fixed it early on. It also means what it says, let's hope it will be a good thing to see. It all depends on the bands really. Some are pretty good and some are pretty bad which is just how it is. I am going and I hope to see the better bands. I am also going to check out 33 1/3 PHX at Modified because I know Pat Mastelotto and company can kick some serious ass.

See you at both I hope.

#39 John MFer

John MFer

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzified
  • 6,997 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 01:07 PM

So, aside from a mention in the EOJ CD review article, looks like New Times completely ignored Bands on Grand. Am I wrong?

19388508_1549826031742117_52104236622698

#40 skeksis

skeksis

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 01:12 PM

So, aside from a mention in the EOJ CD review article, looks like New Times completely ignored Bands on Grand. Am I wrong?

It's mentioned in the calandar section... big photo of meatwhistle from last year, too. (was just looking through NT today at lunch)

#41 Tony

Tony

Tiger's Milk

• Shizzadmin
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 01:13 PM

i didn't see anything else in the NT about it.

i do know that BoG happens to conflict with the first night of their "summer of sound" series, so maybe they didn't want to give it any coverage??? i don't know.

*edit*
i just read skesis' post - i guess there's a mention in the print version. i've only read it online.
Emperors of Japan
Myspace

- Martin Shizzmore

#42 John MFer

John MFer

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzified
  • 6,997 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 01:16 PM

Ah, I see.

I did find it in the calendar online, no photos, no stories, no elaboration. Funny they put a pic of a band that broke up a year ago.

19388508_1549826031742117_52104236622698

#43 unluckycharm

unluckycharm

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzified
  • 6,069 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 02:21 PM

tomorrow biatches

#44 rudolpho of pensacola

rudolpho of pensacola

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 03:18 PM

chirp chirp

#45 Guest_Daily_*

Guest_Daily_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 May 2007 - 03:44 PM

Ah, I see.

I did find it in the calendar online, no photos, no stories, no elaboration. Funny they put a pic of a band that broke up a year ago.

They also put something in about 33 1/3 but they got the times wrong. Guess they just ain't good at what they do. Anyway, on the flyers I've seen 33 1/3 starts at 3:pm not 10:30 am as they listed.

hope to see you all at BOG and 33.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users