weird marketing!

#32 unluckycharm

unluckycharm

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,069 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 03:37 PM

was walking along tempe town lake (northside) yesterday ... there is a tile mural thing along a lot the wall ... amongst other things a unicorn is part of the mural.

#33 donald

donald

Sleeveless

• Shizzadmin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,119 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 09:36 AM

In Phoenix within a couple of blocks of my house, on Bryce (between McDowell and the 1-10) and just west of 16th street, there is a crazy guy who has a magical play land during the winter holidays.

He turns his house into a tourist attraction and people walk through it looking at all the Christmas decorations he has. You can tell the guy is a little bit crazy but I have taken my kids the last two years and it is starting to become a Christmas tradition. I highly recommend it.
People don't give a shit, unless it affects them personally, this affects me personally!

Posted Image

Message board?

This is The Shizz.

Chromelodeon manages to get all the furniture from their hotel into the lake a few years back...and people are worried about shizzies?

#34 mig50

mig50

Shizz Overlord

• Shizzified
  • 19,129 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 11:01 AM

on Bryce

(its on brill)
you mean you forgot cranberries too?

#35 donald

donald

Sleeveless

• Shizzadmin
  • 12,119 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 02:20 PM

whatever
People don't give a shit, unless it affects them personally, this affects me personally!

Posted Image

Message board?

This is The Shizz.

Chromelodeon manages to get all the furniture from their hotel into the lake a few years back...and people are worried about shizzies?

#36 eraser

eraser

Shizz Knight

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 04:47 PM

In Phoenix within a couple of blocks of my house, on Bryce (between McDowell and the 1-10) and just west of 16th street, there is a crazy guy who has a magical play land during the winter holidays.

He turns his house into a tourist attraction and people walk through it looking at all the Christmas decorations he has. You can tell the guy is a little bit crazy but I have taken my kids the last two years and it is starting to become a Christmas tradition. I highly recommend it.

Along the same lines ... Jacki, the next time you see me, ask me about The Poseidon Adventure!
jose of The Torch Theatre - PHX's home for longform improv comedy & theatre and the Phoenix Improv Festival.

#37 Nil_Failstorm

Nil_Failstorm

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 05:14 PM

Isn't it Frank Lloyd Wright's house that is open to the public? Not as much weird but old 50's badass architecture.

And along the 7th st mountains I believe was the guy with a front yard full of junk/lawn ornaments that you could tour through.
Posted Image

#38 Jacki O.

Jacki O.

Princess of Darkness

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 12:09 PM

And along the 7th st mountains I believe was the guy with a front yard full of junk/lawn ornaments that you could tour through.

where is this place? 7th st. up in the mountains? it sounds interesting

#39 JMG3

JMG3

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 01:02 PM

there's this place i partied at in high school. we called it the hippie mansion.
it had rooms all painted different colors and themes and a garden in the backyard made of pine trees. a huge forest surrounded it. it was on broadway on the south side of the road somewhere between 16th and 24th st.
it was a magical place. an especially interesting place to drop acid...

www.azpeace.org

#40 Nil_Failstorm

Nil_Failstorm

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 08:36 PM

there's this place i partied at in high school. we called it the hippie mansion.
it had rooms all painted different colors and themes and a garden in the backyard made of pine trees. a huge forest surrounded it. it was on broadway on the south side of the road somewhere between 16th and 24th st.

I think that was the old girls school that has now been turned into an Albertson's. Part of the original school was incorporated into the new building. My friends used to always sneak in there and make cheesy horror films.
Posted Image

#41 mothrock

mothrock

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,469 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 09:39 PM

on Bryce

(its on brill)

burrrrrrrrn

I think that was the old girls school that has now been turned into an Albertson's. Part of the original school was incorporated into the new building. My friends used to always sneak in there and make cheesy horror films.

baseline maybe? I know there is/was a mansion in that area. and it was loaded with hippies.
you're a signature.

#42 bisbee slim

bisbee slim

Shizz Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 03:19 PM

woah.....i totally remember this place. i only went like 2 times. it was WEIRD. i think i ate some mushrooms there once and almost got beat up by this really big, butch hippy chick. memories.

#43 Mary

Mary

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,934 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 10:26 PM

i think i ate some mushrooms there once and almost got beat up by this really big, butch hippy chick. . .

that could be so many places -- you gots to narrow it down more than that, broham.
Love like you don't need the money, dance like you've never been hurt, and work like nobody's watching.

#44 Jacki O.

Jacki O.

Princess of Darkness

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 10:03 AM

Phoenix died so long ago and the stinking corpse continues to rot - where has love gone?

sweet that means Phoenix is like a zombie

#45 eraser

eraser

Shizz Knight

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 12:07 PM

Phoenix died so long ago and the stinking corpse continues to rot - where has love gone?

sweet that means Phoenix is like a zombie

There's this apartment courtyard somewhere south of Roosevelt, but between Central and 7th Avenue - it has a weird mural featuring random celebrities and old school movie stars and, I think, historical figures. When I first stumbled upon it, I was kinda wowed, but I haven't had time to seek it out again.
jose of The Torch Theatre - PHX's home for longform improv comedy & theatre and the Phoenix Improv Festival.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users