16 replies to this topic

#1 HNIC

HNIC

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 01:24 PM

Now I know because you wear blank hoodys that cost more than most ADULTS entire outfits and ironic slogan shirts from Urban Outfitters (yes fucker I know what a Wo Hop is and I think you are a jackass for paying $30 for a third rate greasy NYC Chinese food joint shirt [that the place probably doesnt see a dime from sales of anyways ]) that you are somehow entitled to have me & my staff bending over and being sweet to you, well ya got another thing coming. Now I know you have suffered brain damage from listening to M.I.A. & Converge on full volume on your IPODS (or insert hipster ironic dance band and broootal metalcore band, whatever, its not like ya bought it anyways when stealing music is free) but that doesnt give you the right to bring in your own drinks and leave them strewn around my bar. If I do find this activity going on again I will promptly wrap yer fixie bike around your neck (you probably shouldnt be riding the damn thing anyways). I think you get the picture.

Dear Bartender From Said Bar On Mill & Southern,
I do not EVER come into your establishment with my neanderthal friends and bring our own beers (though it seems like a good idea suddenly) because as a member of the service industry I understand this is in poor form and ILLEGAL . Now I understand YOU purchased your own drinks and tipped well but that still doesnt mean the little fuckers at your table should be allowed to break the law. Heck in this current Police State and declining economy if anything you should be watching my back (cuz you know I have watched yours).

Dear Birthday Girl Who Dates Said Bartender,
I like you. My staff likes you. You should know better. You get awesome service and an industry discount. Heck you get a bar that plays something other than Radiohead all fucking night, so in turn you should know to treat it with respect and school your friends.

In short The Stray Cat does not serve Stella Artois in bottles or liquor in airplane shots, so please take note. I will split your lip the next time this happens, thanks.

#2 chadk

chadk

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 01:39 PM

wow thats sucks that that happened. i'll have to go to the stray cat now that the light rail is open. i have heard good things, sorry to hear about the disrespect.

chad

also what a Wo Hop?

All the time when I tell people what I do they say, "Oh I don't understand art, I can't even draw." (or worse, "I only like art I can understand.") Well, ya know what, I don't know how to make a car, but I sure appreciate being able to drive one.

-trunkspace

#3 HNIC

HNIC

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 01:43 PM

Wo Hop is a greasy 24 hours Chinese food joint in Chinatown NYC. Wearing there shirt is like rocking a CBGBs shirt and having not been there...

Thanks, yeah we are trying to do some cool shit.

#4 mothrock

mothrock

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 4,469 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 01:49 PM

american apparel shirts are comfortable.

that being said, I have never paid full retail price for one, and never will. Thanks friends with wholesale accounts!!

yeah, sneaking in beers is not cool. bummer man.
you're a signature.

#5 unluckycharm

unluckycharm

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzified
  • 6,069 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 01:53 PM

So did you throw them out?? (the offending beer bringers)

#6 HNIC

HNIC

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 01:57 PM

So did you throw them out?? (the offending beer bringers)

Sadly I didnt catch the table in the act as I was busy behind the bar but our cook found the bottles immediately after they left.

#7 Jacki O.

Jacki O.

Princess of Darkness

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 01:59 PM

Tell me their names, i just took a self defense class!

Posted Image

#8 HNIC

HNIC

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 02:02 PM

I need a new door person, ya looking haha...

#9 Big_Poppa

Big_Poppa

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 02:10 PM

I'm sure I am too "husky" for American Apparel but damn, I sure love Chinese food, Stella Artois and Radiohead.

Sorry to hear about some knuckleheads bringing in outside beverages. ( I bet these asshats don't bring anything good to drink at your house party )....I feel weird even bringing my own bottled water into a bar when I play shows.

#10 mancopter

mancopter

OCEAN MAN

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,266 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 03:41 PM

wow thats sucks that that happened. i'll have to go to the stray cat now that the light rail is open. i have heard good things, sorry to hear about the disrespect.

chad

Lemme know when you do, that's in my area.

#11 allisonorphan

allisonorphan

Shizz Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 03:56 PM

haha.

so i was in chicago a few weeks ago walking down rush street. and i walked into a bike rack full of fixed gear bikes. i IMMEDIATELY thought to myself, "must be close to an american apparel or something." i then looked up at the store in front of said bike rack and BAM. there it was.

true story.

#12 SomethingElse

SomethingElse

Shizz Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 04:54 PM

i have to admit about 5 years ago a friend and i were very drunk and we started bringing in smirnoff ices into the bikini - which they dont even sell - and we thought it was hilarious. we were hysterical over it. good times...but maybe i should feel a little guilty.

i just wanted to share that with everybody : )

#13 Eric Az

Eric Az

I <3 Lady Gaga

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 02:27 AM

Aren't there 4 bars on Mill and Southern now? If we guess the right one, does the winner get an Urban Outfitters gift card?
Stuttering is like starting your sentences out with a Drum Roll.
\m/(-_-)\m/

#14 Guest_viewfinder_*

Guest_viewfinder_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 January 2009 - 02:22 PM

If I do find this activity going on again I will promptly wrap yer fixie bike around your neck (you probably shouldnt be riding the damn thing anyways). I think you get the picture.

I thought this was funny.

#15 mattm

mattm

Shizz Ninja

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 05:01 PM

I know american apparel clothes are hip and expensive, but damned if the cuts are nothing short of great and they sure do last this boy who is hard on everything he owns.

in regards to smuggling booze... ive done the flask or drank out back in my darker moments.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users