KERRY KING-Meet & Greet/Autograph Signing
When:Today, August 27, 2010 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Where:W Cactus Road
Sam Ash Music Stores
4402 Glendale, AZ 85304
(602) 863-7746

Cost:Free

God Dammit

I will still be at work, well at least I get to see them tonight!

been listening to slayer, megadeth and testamant all day, god I feel like i'm 15 again
People don't give a shit, unless it affects them personally, this affects me personally!

Posted Image

Message board?

This is The Shizz.

Chromelodeon manages to get all the furniture from their hotel into the lake a few years back...and people are worried about shizzies?

#647 Jacki O.

Jacki O.

Princess of Darkness

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 03:16 PM

dave mustaine is having a book signing at changing hands today

#648 MikeyWretch

MikeyWretch

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,998 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 04:46 PM

This has nothing to do with anything or maybe has everything to do with everything!

Posted Image

#649 jeremx

jeremx

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 10:30 AM

buried my grandpa on friday. i'd never been to a military funeral. it was definitely harder than any other funeral i've been to. granted, my grandpa was the closest person to me who's funeral i've been to but all of the ceremony around it was surreal. and hearing "taps" being played is just as bad as hearing "amazing grace" on bagpipes at a funeral. anyway, not to be a downer, just thought i'd mention that.
Cheap domains, hosting, email, etc = Indieweb.co
Temporary forum for Azpunk.com message board folks = www.azpwithdrawal.com

#650 differently biotic

differently biotic

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 10:59 AM

buried my grandpa on friday. i'd never been to a military funeral. it was definitely harder than any other funeral i've been to. granted, my grandpa was the closest person to me who's funeral i've been to but all of the ceremony around it was surreal. and hearing "taps" being played is just as bad as hearing "amazing grace" on bagpipes at a funeral. anyway, not to be a downer, just thought i'd mention that.

my sypmathy to you and your family for the loss. And I agree w/ you. Military funerals are so emotionally moving. Taps and the 21 gun salute... been to two funerals for loved ones that included that.

#651 jeremx

jeremx

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 11:24 AM

my sypmathy to you and your family for the loss. And I agree w/ you. Military funerals are so emotionally moving. Taps and the 21 gun salute... been to two funerals for loved ones that included that.

yeah.. i made sure to stand behind my grandmother because i knew she was going to have a hard time when they handed her the flag and then again with the noise of the guns. that honor guard is no joke. they all had the most, serious, undistracted looks on their faces i've ever seen. it was calming in a weird way. i'm not the biggest proponent of the military but i was very appreciative of the dedication of that group of men/women.

and thank you tia. it was pretty much something we all saw coming but it still sucked.

#652 differently biotic

differently biotic

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 12:21 PM

I could never be in the military (much to the dismay of my military heavy family) - although I think a lot of the cermonies are so beautiful. When I went to battery park - I was almost moved to tears by the monuments they have for all the fallen soldiers. I think I will be a mess if I ever go see the wall or pearl harbor.

#653 joe.distort

joe.distort

QUARTERBACK SCIENTIST

• Members
  • 10,911 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 12:27 PM

we buried my grandfather, a WW2 vet, in the frozen beginning of a january in jersey...and that military funeral was ROUGH. we had services and visitation the previous few days (they knew a shit ton of people), but the actual burial was family only. it was one of the strangest experiences i can think of

#654 differently biotic

differently biotic

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 12:37 PM

Well - it should be a three day weekend for me; it's not. I have to run payroll so that means I have to work Monday. Up side: I get next Friday off instead!

#655 Quezo

Quezo

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 3,250 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 01:19 PM

Buncha cool stuff happening tonight Downtown:

Nimbus Brewery A-1 Pilsner re-introduction and photo exhibition by (?). Free samples. Icehouse (downtown)

Jacki Orr @ Tire Pit Gallery. Duh.

Friday Night Live @ firehouse.

Bicycles.

#656 HNIC

HNIC

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 02:32 PM

Something with pine trees, guns, open fire, red meat & O'Douls.

#657 Tony

Tony

Tiger's Milk

• Shizzadmin
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 02:49 PM

Something with pine trees, guns, open fire, red meat & O'Douls.

grandpa? i didn't know you posted on the shizz.
Emperors of Japan
Myspace

My thesis is called the "Black-Emperor-Says Theory" and holds that any any Phoenix-area indie rock festival there is a 100 percent probability that Emperors of Japan, Black Carl, and/or What Laura Says will be on the bill.

- Martin Shizzmore

#658 HNIC

HNIC

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 02:54 PM

Easy young whipper snapper...

#659 Jacki O.

Jacki O.

Princess of Darkness

• Shizzified
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 02:58 PM

come to my show!

im leaving to buy wine from costco now! costco wine! at my show!

art!

#660 jeremx

jeremx

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 10:23 AM

buried my aunt on saturday. she passed away four days after my grandpa's funeral. she was 54 and had just started her fight with breast cancer. she developed a bacterial infection a few days after her first round of chemo. everyone who came in from out of town for my grandpa's funeral had to turn around and come back after having just returned home.

not to bring everyone down but fuck cancer.

i'm hoping this friday/weekend is better.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users