36 replies to this topic

#16 distort

distort

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 02:50 PM

i was under the impression it was lord green and slut sister only.

Posted Image

#17 wesiswes

wesiswes

I <3 Lady Gaga

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 08:53 AM

It was going to be just 2, but something like 3 other bands were added at the last minute...and then Jesse Denton got drunk

Also, Fergus & Geronimo is touring with TCK!! - http://www.myspace.com/fergusgeronimo
TIGHT TIGHT TIGHT, ALL NIGHT, EVERY NIGHT!

RUMSPRINGER

#18 HNIC

HNIC

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 01:37 PM

Can one of you artsy folks crank out a quick web flier so we can at least do a last minute push online.

#19 HNIC

HNIC

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 10:58 PM

TEENAGE COOL KIDS-
With a name like Teenage Cool Kids it just had to be a fun, right? And you are correct. TCK flash by in a garagey lo-fi haze that recalls the great, but tragically underrated Scared Of Chaka. The band hails from Denton, TX but geography certainly plays no part in the band's sound. Echoing bands as diverse as Meneguar and The Thermals to Built To Spill and Superchunk, the band is covering ample scenic territory here. But, where the band makes the greatest impression is when they slow the tempo down. Teenage Cool Kids might come off as a bit amateurish but that is the band's charm as well.
www.myspace.com/teenagecoolkids

FERGUS & GERONIMO-
Indie rock from Denton, Texas. The duo has a multi-genre approach to songwriting, with influences including soul, pop, proto-punk, garage rock and psychedelic pop. I mean they are already darlings of Pitchfork Fanzine so that means you can catch em on stage here before shelling out hundreds to see em onstage at Coachella.
www.myspace.com/fergusgeronimo

RUMSPRINGER-
Gritty, emotionally-torn pop punk. Rumspringer – the princes of Tempe, AZ – know how to lay down the sorrow, pick up the guitar, and let the songs speak for themselves.
www.myspace.com/rumspringerband

CAGEMATCH-
These local boys have some buzz surrounding them for sure. Mixing dark and heavy riffs akin to His Hero Is Gone & Neurosis in a few short months have captured the attention of heavy music fans in the valley. Ex-members of Landmine Marathon.
www.myspace.com/matchcage

Monday Aug 17th @ 8pm.
JUGHEADS
5110 E. McDowell Rd
PHX, Az

#20 nicknap

nicknap

I <3 Lady Gaga

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 02:01 AM

TEENAGE COOL KIDS-
With a name like Teenage Cool Kids it just had to be a fun, right? And you are correct. TCK flash by in a garagey lo-fi haze that recalls the great, but tragically underrated Scared Of Chaka. The band hails from Denton, TX but geography certainly plays no part in the band's sound. Echoing bands as diverse as Meneguar and The Thermals to Built To Spill and Superchunk, the band is covering ample scenic territory here. But, where the band makes the greatest impression is when they slow the tempo down. Teenage Cool Kids might come off as a bit amateurish but that is the band's charm as well.
www.myspace.com/teenagecoolkids

FERGUS & GERONIMO-
Indie rock from Denton, Texas. The duo has a multi-genre approach to songwriting, with influences including soul, pop, proto-punk, garage rock and psychedelic pop. I mean they are already darlings of Pitchfork Fanzine so that means you can catch em on stage here before shelling out hundreds to see em onstage at Coachella.
www.myspace.com/fergusgeronimo

RUMSPRINGER-
Gritty, emotionally-torn pop punk. Rumspringer – the princes of Tempe, AZ – know how to lay down the sorrow, pick up the guitar, and let the songs speak for themselves.
www.myspace.com/rumspringerband

CAGEMATCH-
These local boys have some buzz surrounding them for sure. Mixing dark and heavy riffs akin to His Hero Is Gone & Neurosis in a few short months have captured the attention of heavy music fans in the valley. Ex-members of Landmine Marathon.
www.myspace.com/matchcage

Monday Aug 17th @ 8pm.
JUGHEADS
5110 E. McDowell Rd
PHX, Az

I am going to try and attend part of a different show tonight. I was wondering what time Fergus and Geronimo and Teenage Cool Kids start? Also, how much is this show? Thanks!

#21 wesiswes

wesiswes

I <3 Lady Gaga

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 10:39 AM

TONIGHT!

Yeah...about when does this show start?

RUMSPRINGER

#22 chalupacabra

chalupacabra

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 992 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 10:54 AM

TONIGHT!

Yeah...about when does this show start?

lets shoot for 8-ish. No more than $5 at the door should be good unless Tyler issues a veto.
Posted Image

CAGEMATCH

stomping on your fingers as you're clinging on to the abyss

#23 Rial

Rial

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 11:33 AM

how many bands w/ the name Geronimo in it's name can play in Phoenix tonight?

I wanna see a last minute flyer for
Teenage Geronimo
Geronimo and Ferguson
Geronimomatch
RumGeronimo

and the trunkspace show will be
Geronimo
Geronimo Religion
G(eronimo)OG
SIHR (Hindi for Geronimo!)
[url="http://saidgun.bandcamp.com/"]SAID GUN[/url]

#24 nicknap

nicknap

I <3 Lady Gaga

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 11:39 AM

Other questions answered but this one remains:

what time does Fergus and Geronimo and Teenage Cool Kids start?

#25 chalupacabra

chalupacabra

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 992 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 11:46 AM

Other questions answered but this one remains:

what time does Fergus and Geronimo and Teenage Cool Kids start?

A question for the ages. We (cagematch) have to play first. Its kind of up to Rumspringer when they want to play to determine the other two. Hopefully they'll weigh in soon for you.
Posted Image

CAGEMATCH

stomping on your fingers as you're clinging on to the abyss

#26 wesiswes

wesiswes

I <3 Lady Gaga

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 01:01 PM

Man I don't know...

I would be under the assumption that the show really won't kick off until at least 9....and I would also think that Fergus & Geronimo and Teenage Cool Kids are going to be the last two bands to play...so like 11??

I wish that shows could always be combined without any complications. I vote for as many Geronimos as possible!!

RUMSPRINGER

#27 nicknap

nicknap

I <3 Lady Gaga

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 01:20 PM

it sucks it didn't get combined but if the show starts at 9 that should give me plenty of time to see most of both shows. So stoked!

#28 negicore

negicore

Shizz Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 03:17 PM

Do either of these Denton bands have anything to do with Maaster Gaiden? I liked those dudes...
the next time the star shoots across the sky, I'm gonna grab it, and smash it, under my feet...http://djjohnnyvolume.tumblr.com/

#29 chadk

chadk

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 04:03 PM

Posted Image

All the time when I tell people what I do they say, "Oh I don't understand art, I can't even draw." (or worse, "I only like art I can understand.") Well, ya know what, I don't know how to make a car, but I sure appreciate being able to drive one.

-trunkspace

#30 HNIC

HNIC

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 04:13 PM

Nice flier, thanks. So yeah what it looks like time schedule wise will be...

Cagematch- 9pm
Rumspringer- 945pm
Fergus & Geronimo- 1030
Teenage Cool Kids- 1115pm

...I hate posting time schedules for shows because A) they never really run like that. B ) cuz if you are coming for a band whether it be your friends or the flavor of the month, I believe you should try and support the whole show. And I do understand that not everyone will like every band, thats what social interaction is for. Heck I hope I meet some cool new people tonight and hear some new bands...will you?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users