#16 Jacki O.

Jacki O.

Princess of Darkness

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 06:58 AM

god shane, you're such a penis.

yeah cuz i see you at the icehouse all the time right? So you showed up for the bbq party because you're band was playing it.
BFD

Everytime i go to the icehouse i should now be expecting to see you there, buying drinks and blowing daryl right?

#17 Folofo

Folofo

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 12:41 PM

ME FIRST!!!..for a free drink-not for the blowing Daryl part.

#18 fatguyaz

fatguyaz

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 01:24 PM

boy, this would-be feel good thread turned into a big sour mess. I'm way down with Daryl. He lets my jazz trio jam there every sunday night! (hint, plug, hint)
If it weren't for Daryl, we'd be there all by ourselves!
I still don't have a signature.

#19 Hooray For Everything

Hooray For Everything

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,961 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 01:57 PM

Do I need to write this out in crayon? This wasn't about ME. It was about this sweet & generous guy throwing a party for himself & you people who DO normally go there.

I have NEVER claimed to go there frequently. Somehow we ended up playing there, I don't remember how, he liked us, he asked us back...I just met the guy, and yet he really impressed me, so even though I just met him, I helped organize his party. I would of thought that you who HAVE known him longer would've been more supportive. The people who were there were great, Johnny, Fatigo, Colorstore, Hooves....we all had a very nice time.

This has nothing to do with ME.

I felt badly for Daryl, that's it, I'm not sure how that makes me a jerk.

I have nothing more to say about this.
"HFE...sometimes you seem serious when you are joking and jokey when your serious. You make me laugh and sob all at once. Bless you, and bless the great asshole in the sky that shit you out onto earth. Thank you...thaaaaaaank you. " - bb

"Real love amounts to withholding the truth, even when you're offered the perfect opportunity to hurt someone's feelings." - DS

"one persons harassment, is just another person trying to get there shit back, ever think-a that?"

"THIS JUST IN: SHANE KENNEDY LIKES NOTHING.

SHOCKER." - Mig50

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." ~Dr. Seuss

#20 Hooray For Everything

Hooray For Everything

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,961 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 03:12 PM

I guess I did approach this jerkish, my bad. I apologize. Seriously. I hope we can leave it at that.
"HFE...sometimes you seem serious when you are joking and jokey when your serious. You make me laugh and sob all at once. Bless you, and bless the great asshole in the sky that shit you out onto earth. Thank you...thaaaaaaank you. " - bb

"Real love amounts to withholding the truth, even when you're offered the perfect opportunity to hurt someone's feelings." - DS

"one persons harassment, is just another person trying to get there shit back, ever think-a that?"

"THIS JUST IN: SHANE KENNEDY LIKES NOTHING.

SHOCKER." - Mig50

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." ~Dr. Seuss

#21 larah

larah

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 06:15 PM

Totally not extending any type of argument, but Daryl was totally bummed that more people didn't show up. :(

#22 Folofo

Folofo

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 06:42 PM

Yeah everyone should go there tonight and apologize.

10 pm ~ Fatigo
11 pm ~ Tierra Del Fuego
12 am ~ William Leadpistol

#23 dharma_bum

dharma_bum

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 2,372 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 11:20 PM

Yeah everyone should go there tonight and apologize.

10 pm ~ Fatigo
11 pm ~ Tierra Del Fuego
12 am ~ William Leadpistol

having a kid and no qualified babysitters is a bitch. hope the show was good. can someone post a video???

#24 lesl.

lesl.

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 02:43 AM

Good, no, Great show. MeanAnnie totally made me coffee!

and the bands were tight as fuck and awesome sounding. Great lineup. Really really.

i also like that Daryl keeps tables outside. Maybe we can get a playpen and have baby's night out.

Posted Image

you fuckers know that's a good idea.
Stay in is the new get out.

#25 Jacki O.

Jacki O.

Princess of Darkness

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 09:53 AM

not to also continue the argument.....

but guess what? Sometimes you put on shows and events and not that many people show up....but you just keep doing it. That's the nature of putting on shows. Shane, i think you above all people, should know this.

I dont slam people on the shizz for not going to my events.

Sometimes it sucks and sometimes it's awesome. I dont think people need to be chastised for not showing up to one event that was held on a Sunday night.

I'm sorry that Daryl was bummed, he is a very very cool guy and i try to go to the icehouse and support it when i can find the courage to leave my house and that's about all i can personally offer.

Anyways, thanks to shane for ruining a cool thread!

#26 jhealy

jhealy

Pimpin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 11:52 AM

Shane, you sure know how to get these folks worked up.

#27 johnnytron

johnnytron

Shizz Level 8 White Mage

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 12:03 PM

This is awesome!

The event was early and most people hang out with thier families on sundays
anyways.

So this shouldn't even be an issue.

#28 thebiggameover

thebiggameover

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 4,867 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 02:06 PM

Posted Image

thebiggameover.png

my twitter

mohawk babies make me insane

#29 JRC

JRC

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 3,500 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 08:40 AM

Thought; as someone who's been organizing stuff in the valley a long time I know its not easy, and there's a lot of small "intangebles" that need to be negotiated, especially if your new at it, or new to a scene.

If this event (which I also didn't attend) had been rounded up and put together by Donald or Tony or one of the other regular organizers here, I think it'd had a bit more sucess, simply because the folks know the name and the association, its a trusted known quantity.
To put it a colder/harsher way: Just cuz someone does something for ya, don't mean ya gotta like it.
People are warey of a new name/face, and sometimes just seeming earnest can turn people off (wierd but true).

No one should feel obligated to go to an event--if they did it'd make our life a lot easier, but we just aren't or don't.
And, to be frank, the older a community gets, the harder it is to motivate it.
Also, doing something on a Sunday, very very hard.
This just aint a Sunday town.

But I'm sure if this dud doesn't hurt him permanently, and as he gets more integrated into the shizz-scene, his rep' will grow and more people will come out to stuff. Icehouse is already way popular and becoming the go to spot for bar shows, so let it go and let it grow--dig.

"Pimpin' aint easy but its nessesary."

65ad9f37c58e7dc65500d82c7596a5c282c67a95      tumblr_pyddfuoAB51u2kqipo1_100.jpg

#30 unluckycharm

unluckycharm

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzified
  • 6,069 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 09:03 AM

Good, no, Great show. MeanAnnie totally made me coffee!

and the bands were tight as fuck and awesome sounding. Great lineup. Really really.

That was *your* coffee??? It smelled so good. We wanted coffee beer.

the bands were great .... i'm glad the turnout was good. we had a good time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users