#2 sarah banana

sarah banana

I <3 Lady Gaga

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 09:19 AM

http://news.yahoo.co..._politico/27639

This was particularly well written and good for a chuckle.

#3 Rial

Rial

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 10:21 AM

So the dude in Parks and Recreation, the Amy Puller (?) show, the love interest city planner guy
From an AV CLUB interview

AVC: As you point out, actors have a very circumscribed role in the final product. The shape of an actor’s career has as much if not more to do with the projects they sign onto as the performances they give.

PS: Absolutely. The rule that I have for myself is that there is this very oppressive, Fugazi-like doctrine that you have to take on. In a way, it’s very oppressive to use Fugazi as your model of art-making because, you know, those guys are just like slaves to this monkish anti-corporate ethos, which I believe. But also you have to make enough money to eat. I think what’s helped me is I know a Maserati is not going to make me feel any better about myself. So if you get okay with being poor, and by poor I mean in this instance just not mega-rich, then right now I have a really great little life. I have plenty of stuff. I have tons of Criterion DVDs. And if your expectations are reasonable then you can meet them. When I got the job on Parks And Recreation, I celebrated by buying $100 of rock and roll t-shirts.

What the entertainment industry can do is tempt you into making stupid mistakes, but the only tool that they have to tempt you is money. So if you’re okay saying no to money then you can say no to a lot of things that you might be embarrassed of later. I always thought to myself, if I went to a Fugazi show backstage and I went to Ian McKaye and I said, “Oh man, that was such a great show. I loved your version of ‘Repeater’ tonight” and he looked at me and said, “You sell the Samsung phones on television, don’t you?” and I would say, “Yeah, I did a commercial campaign for Samsung,” I would just feel like a total idiot. So for me like the golden rule is if you get backstage at one of your favorite band’s shows, you can’t have anything on your resume that they’re going to be like, “Wait, you’re the friend in Ghosts Of Girlfriends Past, weren’t you?” You would have to say, “Yes I was.” And you’d feel like a real loser.

AVC: What Would Fugazi Do? is a tough benchmark.

PS: It is a tough benchmark but hey, all the world’s religions are tough benchmarks. If it was easy we’d all be doing it. I mean, Fugazi wouldn’t be here. Fugazi wouldn’t even talk to the Onion. Which is a tragedy, but if I was slavishly married to the Fugazi benchmark then I would only be speaking to high school newspapers.

AVC: Nobody’s perfect.

PS: Nobody’s perfect. But at least I am helping to make sure that Bright Star gets seen by more than just students at a high school.
[url="http://saidgun.bandcamp.com/"]SAID GUN[/url]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users