21 replies to this topic

#1 MikeyWretch

MikeyWretch

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,998 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 12:44 PM

So alot of poeple and websites say that the Circle K thats on the corner of Hardy and Broadway is the one from Bill and Teds Excellent Adventure. This is wrong. I watched the clip from the movie on Youtube called "strange things are afoot at the Circle K" and realized that its not the same one at all. I drove further down Hardy to the on on Southern and Hardy and it matched in looks the one from the movie. No gas pumps and yeah it had to be it. So I walk in and Buy a 3 pack of Natural Light tall boys. As the Clerk is scanning my booze I ask "Is this the one?" She looks at me and rolls her eyes and under her breath says "yes it is" I lit up and did a little victory dance and made like a stoked/excited/amazed sound with my mouth and left with a little spring in my step!

#2 mancopter

mancopter

OCEAN MAN

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,266 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 12:50 PM

So alot of pople and websites say that the Circle K thats on the corner of Hardy and Broadway is the one from Bill and Teds Excellent Adventure. This is wrong. I watched the clip from the movie on Youtube called "strange things are afoot at the Circle K" and realized that its not the same one at all. I drove further down Hardy to the on on Southern and Hardy and it matched in looks the one from the movie. No gas pumps and yeah it had tpo be it. So I walk in and Buy a 3 pack of Natural Light tall boys. As the Clerk is scanning my booze I ask "Is this the one?" She looks at me and rolls her eyes and under her breath says "yes it is" I lit up and did a little victory dance and made like a stoked/excited/amazed sound with my mouth and left with a little spring in my step!

I drive by that every day. I need to watch the movie again.

#3 chadk

chadk

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,323 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 12:51 PM

the school in the movie (san dimas) is actually the school i teach at, and it was torn down a few years ago and they built a new one, but they saved the giant mural on the auditorium which can be seen at the end when they drive up onto campus and run in to give their last presentation.

All the time when I tell people what I do they say, "Oh I don't understand art, I can't even draw." (or worse, "I only like art I can understand.") Well, ya know what, I don't know how to make a car, but I sure appreciate being able to drive one.

-trunkspace

#4 MikeyWretch

MikeyWretch

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzified
  • 5,998 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 12:58 PM

Me and Rial are going to remake this movie with us as the Stars. We have most of the locations here in the valley.

#5 Ninja Guitar

Ninja Guitar

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 01:10 PM

Me and Rial are going to remake this movie with us as the Stars. We have most of the locations here in the valley.

HELL YEA! Let me know if you need any extras!

;)

#6 Rial

Rial

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 01:27 PM

I wish it was really like it was in the movie, Metrocenter to Southern and Hardy back to northern and central then over to Coronado High then back over to metrocenter then to Sunsplash...Dang. Thats like 100 miles.

Of course you can just film all the scenes in a location then move on, but a verbatim remake, would be sweet. Except traveling to Rome for that one scene, that would be expensive.
[url="http://saidgun.bandcamp.com/"]SAID GUN[/url]

#7 Coward Crutch

Coward Crutch

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 3,223 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 01:34 PM

the school in the movie (san dimas) is actually the school i teach at, and it was torn down a few years ago and they built a new one, but they saved the giant mural on the auditorium which can be seen at the end when they drive up onto campus and run in to give their last presentation.

that school used to have bomb legdes and stairs. I will have to swing by that circle-k, yay Tempe!

shitty is now.

#8 Rial

Rial

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 01:43 PM

that school used to have bomb legdes and stairs.

Word
[url="http://saidgun.bandcamp.com/"]SAID GUN[/url]

#9 wesiswes

wesiswes

I <3 Lady Gaga

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 02:13 PM

I go to that school sometimes and creepily sell smoothies to students on Friday nights.
TIGHT TIGHT TIGHT, ALL NIGHT, EVERY NIGHT!

RUMSPRINGER

#10 johnnytron

johnnytron

Shizz Level 8 White Mage

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 02:36 PM

Me and my buddy Mark were extras in that movie at Metro mall
but we weren't in the movie.
Afterwards we were getting paid cash ($40) and I forgot to bring
my SS so the lady told me to go home to my mommy and forget about the
card.

Thats when Manbaby was born. :(

#11 Guest_MetalBishop_*

Guest_MetalBishop_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 October 2009 - 02:43 PM

oh wow. i thought it was really filmed in San Dimas.

#12 sparky

sparky

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,653 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 02:45 PM

Now I know what to do the next time I'm in AZ . . .

gief-gem-spinn.gif

My band Plunger  || I use they/them pronouns (non-binary), please don't call me man or dude

#13 Guest_MetalBishop_*

Guest_MetalBishop_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 October 2009 - 02:48 PM

these guys say its southern and mill.... this video is also ghay

#14 MikeyWretch

MikeyWretch

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzified
  • 5,998 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 02:54 PM

these guys say its southern and mill.... this video is also ghay

Nope its the southern and Hardy one. The one on mill is next to the Yucca and in the movie there is no building where the Yucca would be if that was the one.

HAHA and the circle K in this Video is the right one but yeah its not on Mill.

#15 Jacki O.

Jacki O.

Princess of Darkness

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 03:12 PM

Me and my buddy Mark were extras in that movie at Metro mall
but we weren't in the movie.
Afterwards we were getting paid cash ($40) and I forgot to bring
my SS so the lady told me to go home to my mommy and forget about the
card.

Thats when Manbaby was born. :(

MANBABY!!!

who knew you had such an illustrious birth?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users