27 replies to this topic

#1 bob

bob

Rauble Rauble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 05:04 PM

heading down to see dinosaur jr next week from flagstaff and i'll have to leave after work and... traffic... doors open at 6:30, so hungry, haven't eaten since lunch... where do i go?

also, anybody going? tix are steep but whats better than three old dudes playing the hits and takin it to the bank?

#2 negicore

negicore

Shizz Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 05:17 PM

Slices on 6th and Mill is good pizza. Chronic taco, terrible name but good burritos 6th and Mill as well. Green, Vegan stuff is on Scottsdale road, not far from the Marquee. Cornish Pasty on Hardy and University is fuckin' awesome, that's close too...Let's see what else do I get while Iam working???? Silvermine as well, but that's just sandwhiches...
the next time the star shoots across the sky, I'm gonna grab it, and smash it, under my feet...http://djjohnnyvolume.tumblr.com/

#3 JJames

JJames

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 01:13 AM

Slices on 6th and Mill is good pizza. Chronic taco, terrible name but good burritos 6th and Mill as well.

FAIL!

slices is good chronic tacos sucks its all about the little place inbetween them!!

Im going to this show and i will be at munchies which is also on 6th and mill next to slices. The guy that owns it is a fuggin badass and i go there nearly every other day. mediteranian/subs/pita/burger/vegetarian/kabob/cheese steaks

whatever your heart desires you can have it

i get the veggie pita with onion rings

:ph34r:

#4 joe.distort

joe.distort

QUARTERBACK SCIENTIST

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,799 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 10:07 AM

SLICES is good pizza? ack.

for pizza thats actually good, you got TESSIOS at university/farmer next to tops liquor, or OTTOs on ash ave and university. top notch.

Olivios grill is at university and scottsdale, se corner. mediterranean/grill stuff. also delicious with veg/vegan options.

straight-up vegan is down the street at mckellips and scottsdale at GREEN. delicious even if you eat meat, and its nationally known as one of the best vegan eateries.

although near the same intersection is PHILLIES, and if you do eat meat, thats where you want to be. great sandwiches/ bar-type food. unfortunately their beer selection sucks..

#5 capharnaum

capharnaum

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 11:01 AM

fuck yeah i'm going too!
last time i saw djr was almost 15 years to the day
at the nile, way before the remodel.
yo bobby hit me up if you wanna go
have some beers/food at the place i work at
it's a little further up the road in scottsdale
but i can hook us up. anyways that's where i plan
on getting my swerve on before the show.

#6 JJames

JJames

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 02:01 PM

I think green is way too salty and expensive. Try Thai Basil on university just west of mill instead. its is incredibly good. get the eggplant

#7 bob

bob

Rauble Rauble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 04:42 PM

hey, thanks!

Green is good, but I agree with JJames, it's pricy for the portions. Vegan should be way cheaper than not. In a perfect world, anyway. I don't know if Thai Basil is a locally owned business or not. I'll probably give a try one of these days, regardless. Man, they all sound good.

Now, Capharnaum, where can I meet you for the beers/food? I'll message you if this doesn't get back to you. Or just shoot me one.

#8 mig50

mig50

Shizz Overlord

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,161 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 10:54 PM

i'm not going to the show, but i'd be up for meeting you for dinner!
you mean you forgot cranberries too?

#9 chadk

chadk

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 07:46 AM

i think i will take off work to see this

All the time when I tell people what I do they say, "Oh I don't understand art, I can't even draw." (or worse, "I only like art I can understand.") Well, ya know what, I don't know how to make a car, but I sure appreciate being able to drive one.

-trunkspace

#10 JJames

JJames

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 12:52 PM

what did you eat?

jay is such a loud guitar player it blew my mind. 3 full stacks and a tube

#11 JJames

JJames

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 12:54 PM

i think i will take off work to see this

i saw you! but as soon as i spotted you my friend wanted to go inside and find a good spot for dj. then i didnt see you anymore :-(

#12 chadk

chadk

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 01:53 PM

i saw you! but as soon as i spotted you my friend wanted to go inside and find a good spot for dj. then i didnt see you anymore :-(

dang, next time, seriously they were crazy awesome, only wished they played stuff off green mind, thanks a lot lou, couldn't he at least have learned two songs off that album?

All the time when I tell people what I do they say, "Oh I don't understand art, I can't even draw." (or worse, "I only like art I can understand.") Well, ya know what, I don't know how to make a car, but I sure appreciate being able to drive one.

-trunkspace

#13 chalupacabra

chalupacabra

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 992 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 02:30 PM

dang, next time, seriously they were crazy awesome, only wished they played stuff off green mind, thanks a lot lou, couldn't he at least have learned two songs off that album?

If that's the case then I'm glad I didn't go. No Green Mind, no care. Plus Lou is responsible for Folk Implosion, so fuck him anyway
Posted Image

CAGEMATCH

stomping on your fingers as you're clinging on to the abyss

#14 JJames

JJames

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 02:48 PM

yeah there were songs that i was really expecting to hear and was kinda let down BUT it was an awesome show!

jay ripps to freaking hard!

#15 bob

bob

Rauble Rauble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 03:02 PM

ended up being a creature of habit and just getting a burrito at chico taco. (with added mushrooms...)

the first band were pretty much the worst band ever. that sounds like a hyperbole but fuck their stolen nirvana riffs and oh so anguished vocals.

i thought lou barlow's band was great. probably because i know the drummer from back in the day. (check out killer dreamer, chad- there's yer PM...) and they're mike watt's missing men. PEDRO!

and dinosaur jr played a great set since i like their new stuff and they played most if not all their hits (yeah, minus green mind)

but apparently times new roman was the place to be. oh wells!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users