251 replies to this topic

#196 jeremx

jeremx

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 08:03 AM

they would have been happier in san diego.

Nah, too many European Christians.

there are always too many european christians in a whale's vagina.
Cheap domains, hosting, email, etc = Indieweb.co
Temporary forum for Azpunk.com message board folks = www.azpwithdrawal.com

#197 Quezo

Quezo

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 3,250 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 08:11 AM

they would have been happier in san diego.

Nah, too many European Christians.

there are always too many european christians in a whale's vagina.

HAHA

As soon as I read that, the turn the page sound from on Reading Rainbow played in my head.

You know: da dum dumm! Ridiculous I know.

But is the weather really better in a whale's vagina, Ron?

#198 jeremx

jeremx

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 09:01 AM

But is the weather really better in a whale's vagina, Ron?

you're asking the wrong man...

Posted Image

#199 jeremx

jeremx

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 12:57 PM

guess this makes more sense here..

our neighborhood association has a meeting with phoenix city councilman michael johnson this afternoon. I'M GOING TO CITY HALL! i'm wearing a collared shirt and everything. i look snazzy. ha ha

we're going to be talking to him about making our new neighborhood a historic neighborhood. it's from the 40s so it sounds weird to call it historic but i guess it makes sense in such a new state.

#200 Tony

Tony

Tiger's Milk

• Shizzadmin
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 12:59 PM

guess this makes more sense here..

our neighborhood association has a meeting with phoenix city councilman michael johnson this afternoon. I'M GOING TO CITY HALL! i'm wearing a collared shirt and everything. i look snazzy. ha ha

we're going to be talking to him about making our new neighborhood a historic neighborhood. it's from the 40s so it sounds weird to call it historic but i guess it makes sense in such a new state.

be careful what you wish for.
Emperors of Japan
Myspace

My thesis is called the "Black-Emperor-Says Theory" and holds that any any Phoenix-area indie rock festival there is a 100 percent probability that Emperors of Japan, Black Carl, and/or What Laura Says will be on the bill.

- Martin Shizzmore

#201 jeremx

jeremx

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 01:01 PM

based on the info i've been given and the research i've done on my own, i don't really see a downside. you know something i don't?

#202 Tony

Tony

Tiger's Milk

• Shizzadmin
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 01:07 PM

based on the info i've been given and the research i've done on my own, i don't really see a downside. you know something i don't?

i don't live in a historic neighborhood, but some good friends of mine live in encanto. their biggest gripe is that ANY improvements they want to make to the exterior of the house need to be aligned with the historical look/feel, etc. which sounds fine, until you try to replace your doorknob and you can't because home depot doesn't carry a suitable model. or you can't put dual pane windows in because they don't match the original windows. that sort of thing. or maybe there is a suitable historic replacement - but it costs 10x as much as the regular one.

i don't know if they're just particularly aggressive about it in encanto, but that's their experience. like an HOA on steroids.
Emperors of Japan
Myspace

My thesis is called the "Black-Emperor-Says Theory" and holds that any any Phoenix-area indie rock festival there is a 100 percent probability that Emperors of Japan, Black Carl, and/or What Laura Says will be on the bill.

- Martin Shizzmore

#203 Quezo

Quezo

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 3,250 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 01:07 PM

Let's say you don't like your house anymore and want to rebuild it.

Under guidelines that I'm aware of, there is a minimum amount of house that needs to remain in order to keep the
historic designation, like a wall or something.

Also, the city historic office will cite you if you add improvements that are outside of your neighborhoods' criteria.

Like a city run HOA.

Mixed bag, really. It is good for property value, but if you're in the downtown area, that is going to go up in the next ten no matter what, barring a complete govt shutdown.

did I just say govt shutdown?

#204 Jacki O.

Jacki O.

Princess of Darkness

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 02:06 PM

i live in the willo historic neighborhood and have had no trouble with renovations on my home (though i haven't done too many)

here's more info from the phoenix historic preservation society.

#205 fatguyaz

fatguyaz

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 09:27 PM

i don't live in a historic neighborhood, but some good friends of mine live in encanto. their biggest gripe is that ANY improvements they want to make to the exterior of the house need to be aligned with the historical look/feel, etc. which sounds fine, until you try to replace your doorknob and you can't because home depot doesn't carry a suitable model. or you can't put dual pane windows in because they don't match the original windows. that sort of thing. or maybe there is a suitable historic replacement - but it costs 10x as much as the regular one.

i don't know if they're just particularly aggressive about it in encanto, but that's their experience. like an HOA on steroids.

Me and Tony live in the same 'hood, and i got shit for replacing my crap metal framed sigle pane windows with the more efficient dual pane and we aren't even "historic". Though, our houses are from the 40s and 50s, too. The PLUS side is, property values go UP when you get historic status.
I still don't have a signature.

#206 John MFer

John MFer

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzified
  • 7,139 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 09:33 AM

Me and Tony live in the same 'hood, and i got shit for replacing my crap metal framed sigle pane windows with the more efficient dual pane and we aren't even "historic". Though, our houses are from the 40s and 50s, too. The PLUS side is, property values go UP when you get historic status.

Dude that is bullllllshit. I feel bad for folks in a historic area when the next "central A/C" or "indoor plumbing" invention comes along that you really want in or on your house. Like solar power generating roofing or something, no can not has cuz iz not hiztorical heerrrr durrr.

19388508_1549826031742117_52104236622698

#207 Tony

Tony

Tiger's Milk

• Shizzadmin
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 10:17 AM

who gave you shit about that? we replaced ours and nobody said a thing. i remember when we first moved in somebody mentioned that they might try to get historic neighborhood status, but there's so much random stuff (like that new mansion they're building at 42nd and wilshire that's like 20 times nicer than every house around it) that i don't think we'd ever be able to pull it off. not that it would matter, because i'd undermine the fuck out of any attempts to make that happen.
Emperors of Japan
Myspace

- Martin Shizzmore

#208 Jacki O.

Jacki O.

Princess of Darkness

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 04:42 PM

it does do wonders for the home values

my house has lost a good amount of it's value since the crash but i've actually retained a lot compared to my friends in non-historic districts and my parents. i've only gone down about 20-30% from when i bought it, my parents house has been valued at almost 50% less than when they purchased it.

however, i live downtown in a historic district near a light rail stop and they live out in the suburbs of goodyear but still....

#209 fatguyaz

fatguyaz

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 07:43 PM

Tony, i think it was Rosalinda (for what her opinion is worth.) Clearly we didn't give TOO big a shit cuz we have better windows now...
I still don't have a signature.

#210 Tony

Tony

Tiger's Milk

• Shizzadmin
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 07:12 AM

Tony, i think it was Rosalinda (for what her opinion is worth.) Clearly we didn't give TOO big a shit cuz we have better windows now...

the same rosalinda that built those new mcmansions over by the church and tried to sell them for $800k apiece? she can eat a dick.
Emperors of Japan
Myspace

- Martin Shizzmore

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users