22 replies to this topic

#1 fatguyaz

fatguyaz

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 09:12 PM

I took my daughter to see Avatar today. I didn't know anything about it before i went... just that there were blue people in it. It was great, i thought. There were a ton of helicopters in it: the more helicopters (exploding or otherwise), the better the movie. Really long, AND awesome.
I still don't have a signature.

#2 psykosteve

psykosteve

Pimpin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 03:54 PM

I had my doubts, but wow it was great. Everything promised and more.

#3 The Zen Archer

The Zen Archer

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 988 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 12:43 AM

Yeah I loved Pocahontas... oh wait, I mean Avatar.

So you like music?

Name every band ever.

#4 MrAwesome

MrAwesome

Shizz Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 01:38 AM

Yeah I loved Pocahontas... oh wait, I mean Avatar.

more like Furn Gully.

anyway.... this movie just proved that James Cameron is a furry.

#5 The Real Jeffrey Lebowski

The Real Jeffrey Lebowski

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 11:37 PM

I dug this way more than I was expecting to.

This ship will sail, This heart won't die

Tumblr
Twitter
Facebook

#6 Tony

Tony

Tiger's Milk

• Shizzadmin
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 06:34 AM

my wife and i went to see it on saturday in imax 3D. it was the first time we saw it.

what. the. fuck. that movie was crazy. and yeah, i enjoyed it way more than i thought i would. story be damned.
Emperors of Japan
Myspace

My thesis is called the "Black-Emperor-Says Theory" and holds that any any Phoenix-area indie rock festival there is a 100 percent probability that Emperors of Japan, Black Carl, and/or What Laura Says will be on the bill.

- Martin Shizzmore

#7 chalupacabra

chalupacabra

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 992 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 09:39 AM

I am filing this one away with things like Jurassic Park, Independence Day etc that I will never, ever see. I don't care what any of you say.
Posted Image

CAGEMATCH

stomping on your fingers as you're clinging on to the abyss

#8 chadk

chadk

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,323 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 09:56 AM

yea it was cool but really i don't think it's as rad as everyone thinks. i liked dances with wolves better.

All the time when I tell people what I do they say, "Oh I don't understand art, I can't even draw." (or worse, "I only like art I can understand.") Well, ya know what, I don't know how to make a car, but I sure appreciate being able to drive one.

-trunkspace

#9 Tony

Tony

Tiger's Milk

• Shizzadmin
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 10:06 AM

I am filing this one away with things like Jurassic Park, Independence Day etc that I will never, ever see. I don't care what any of you say.

i hear where you're coming from. i don't know that i would have enjoyed it nearly as much if it wasn't imax 3D. visually, it's not even in the same league as jurassic park or independence day. it's not even the same medium. if you ever wind up watching it on tv or something you're going to wind up saying "yep, not as good as everyone hyped it up to be." and you'd be right.

if you see it in 3D, your brain is going to explode and melt out of your ears. okay, maybe not. but my reaction to watching it like that was probably similar to the reaction of people who saw movies in color for the first time. mind blowing.
Emperors of Japan
Myspace

My thesis is called the "Black-Emperor-Says Theory" and holds that any any Phoenix-area indie rock festival there is a 100 percent probability that Emperors of Japan, Black Carl, and/or What Laura Says will be on the bill.

- Martin Shizzmore

#10 Quezo

Quezo

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 3,250 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 10:41 AM

I have this conversation with my six year old about foods he won't try. Like "how would anybody have ever known (insert random food here) is delicious if they had never tried it?". Usually get's him to try whatever it is so that he can make a decision as to whether he actually likes it or not. At least he is informed. I know you don't care what I say and I'm not trying to stir shit up, just that everything deserves a fair shake, and then it can be crapped on if need be. There are many things I don't really care for that I have experienced in order to play devil's advocate to super fans i.e. I read all of the Twilight books at one point because they were available and I had nothing else to read at the time. Meh. I am not defending this movie, but the fact that it's been extremely hyped doesn't necessarily mean it's deserving of adoration or ridicule. My two bits. I like Cagematch; don't hurt me Eric. ;)

#11 JJames

JJames

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 11:00 AM

i thought this movie sucked ballz. i didnt see it in 3d which i heard was the problem, but regardless, it was a crappy movie. i like more hand to hand asskickery in my movies. ong bak 2 is a good example of better asskickery

#12 chalupacabra

chalupacabra

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 992 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 11:18 AM

I have this conversation with my six year old about foods he won't try. Like "how would anybody have ever known (insert random food here) is delicious if they had never tried it?". Usually get's him to try whatever it is so that he can make a decision as to whether he actually likes it or not. At least he is informed. I know you don't care what I say and I'm not trying to stir shit up, just that everything deserves a fair shake, and then it can be crapped on if need be. There are many things I don't really care for that I have experienced in order to play devil's advocate to super fans i.e. I read all of the Twilight books at one point because they were available and I had nothing else to read at the time. Meh. I am not defending this movie, but the fact that it's been extremely hyped doesn't necessarily mean it's deserving of adoration or ridicule. My two bits. I like Cagematch; don't hurt me Eric. ;)

No, you're totally right. I'm stubborn as hell and totally ok with that. And for the record, I'm not some kind of movie snob. I just like different kinds of terrible crap, generally not hollywood blockbuster type terrible crap.
Posted Image

CAGEMATCH

stomping on your fingers as you're clinging on to the abyss

#13 jeremx

jeremx

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 11:24 AM

Posted Image
Cheap domains, hosting, email, etc = Indieweb.co
Temporary forum for Azpunk.com message board folks = www.azpwithdrawal.com

#14 chadk

chadk

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,323 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 11:34 AM

AWESOME!

All the time when I tell people what I do they say, "Oh I don't understand art, I can't even draw." (or worse, "I only like art I can understand.") Well, ya know what, I don't know how to make a car, but I sure appreciate being able to drive one.

-trunkspace

#15 aaronburke

aaronburke

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzadmin
  • 7,100 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 11:43 AM

oh my fucking god. i just LOL'ed so fucking hard.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users