22 replies to this topic

#16 mikemfer

mikemfer

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 11:48 AM

I saw Avatar at the IMAX in 3D. Visually it was stunning but I already knew what was going to happen like 30 minutes into the movie. The plot is pretty least common denominator-ish. I guess it was worth the time, I would have rather seen it end more realistically. But James Cameron knows it would only gross half as much if it did.

#17 Quezo

Quezo

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 3,250 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 12:06 PM

I am filing this one away with things like Jurassic Park, Independence Day etc that I will never, ever see. I don't care what any of you say.

I have this conversation with my six year old about foods he won't try. Like "how would anybody have ever known (insert random food here) is delicious if they had never tried it?". Usually get's him to try whatever it is so that he can make a decision as to whether he actually likes it or not. At least he is informed. I know you don't care what I say and I'm not trying to stir shit up, just that everything deserves a fair shake, and then it can be crapped on if need be. There are many things I don't really care for that I have experienced in order to play devil's advocate to super fans i.e. I read all of the Twilight books at one point because they were available and I had nothing else to read at the time. Meh. I am not defending this movie, but the fact that it's been extremely hyped doesn't necessarily mean it's deserving of adoration or ridicule. My two bits. I like Cagematch; don't hurt me Eric. ;)

No, you're totally right. I'm stubborn as hell and totally ok with that. And for the record, I'm not some kind of movie snob. I just like different kinds of terrible crap, generally not hollywood blockbuster type terrible crap.

Cool. I am also very stubborn and like terrible crap too. Watched Logan's Run for the first time this weekend.

Priceless. (or $1 at the video store. Yes, I still rent)

#18 differently biotic

differently biotic

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 04:22 PM

I also saw it in imax 3d. It was fun! The story is not new and all but it was still fun. Shutter Island on the other hand was effing fantastic.

#19 The Real Jeffrey Lebowski

The Real Jeffrey Lebowski

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 03:26 PM

4D Avatar...In freaking South Korea...

Weak.

This ship will sail, This heart won't die

Tumblr
Twitter
Facebook

#20 The Real Jeffrey Lebowski

The Real Jeffrey Lebowski

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 01:54 PM

Good news! Remake!

LOS ANGELES—Paramount Pictures confirmed Monday the Dec. 23 release date for Avatar 2KX, a remake of the beloved 2009 sci-fi thriller Avatar that will bring the story into the modern era with faster-paced action sequences and cutting-edge visual effects. "Avatar was a true classic of its time, but today's audiences demand a state-of-the-art immersive experience that goes beyond the kitschy charm of the original," said Paramount CEO Brad Grey, who ordered producers to cut 40 percent of the original script's dialogue, simplify the moral so that the humans are now the protagonists, and add several Na'vi sex scenes. "Our hipper, bolder, and updated movie is sure to resonate with younger generations and older fans alike." Grey had no comment on speculation that Avatar 2KX would feature cameos from one or more of the original film's surviving stars

This ship will sail, This heart won't die

Tumblr
Twitter
Facebook

#21 Jacki O.

Jacki O.

Princess of Darkness

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 01:58 PM

Good news! Remake!

LOS ANGELES—Paramount Pictures confirmed Monday the Dec. 23 release date for Avatar 2KX, a remake of the beloved 2009 sci-fi thriller Avatar that will bring the story into the modern era with faster-paced action sequences and cutting-edge visual effects. "Avatar was a true classic of its time, but today's audiences demand a state-of-the-art immersive experience that goes beyond the kitschy charm of the original," said Paramount CEO Brad Grey, who ordered producers to cut 40 percent of the original script's dialogue, simplify the moral so that the humans are now the protagonists, and add several Na'vi sex scenes. "Our hipper, bolder, and updated movie is sure to resonate with younger generations and older fans alike." Grey had no comment on speculation that Avatar 2KX would feature cameos from one or more of the original film's surviving stars

THAT'S CALLED DUMBING IT DOWN

the remake sounds lame

"cut 40 percent of the original script's dialogue, simplify the moral so that the humans are now the protagonists, and add several Na'vi sex scenes."
are all things missing in the first movie that made me like it

#22 jeremx

jeremx

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 02:00 PM

the remake sounds lame

"cut 40 percent of the original script's dialogue, simplify the moral so that the humans are now the protagonists, and add several Na'vi sex scenes."

you noted the article link, right?
Cheap domains, hosting, email, etc = Indieweb.co
Temporary forum for Azpunk.com message board folks = www.azpwithdrawal.com

#23 Jacki O.

Jacki O.

Princess of Darkness

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 03:29 PM

the remake sounds lame

you noted the article link, right?

haha just now

doh

but i could see this reelly happening!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users