59 replies to this topic

#46 chadk

chadk

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 02:41 PM

“I like half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve! - Bilbo Baggins”.

All the time when I tell people what I do they say, "Oh I don't understand art, I can't even draw." (or worse, "I only like art I can understand.") Well, ya know what, I don't know how to make a car, but I sure appreciate being able to drive one.

-trunkspace

#47 Tony

Tony

Tiger's Milk

• Shizzadmin
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 02:49 PM

I said the same thing JRC did and I didnt get any plus ones! ppft Eff all yalls!

i wish i could give you +1000, mikey.
Emperors of Japan
Myspace

My thesis is called the "Black-Emperor-Says Theory" and holds that any any Phoenix-area indie rock festival there is a 100 percent probability that Emperors of Japan, Black Carl, and/or What Laura Says will be on the bill.

- Martin Shizzmore

#48 MikeyWretch

MikeyWretch

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzified
  • 5,998 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 02:53 PM

I said the same thing JRC did and I didnt get any plus ones! ppft Eff all yalls!

Heck Yeah! thanks buddy!

#49 Jacki O.

Jacki O.

Princess of Darkness

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 03:00 PM

Heck Yeah! thanks buddy!

i +1'd you hombre

#50 bisbee slim

bisbee slim

Shizz Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 03:11 PM

i just read this whole thread and totally enjoyed it for some reason. i f'n love the shizz. you are good people.
mike wretch: you seem like a cool dude!
and my crush on jackie o grows bigger

#51 innerear

innerear

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 03:12 PM

I never saw a show at PHIX, but I think what made them special/nessesary and maybe even important is because they were willing to do shows that just no one else would.
I can't tell ya how many hardcore/metal whatever shows we wouldn't touch that Lee was willing to stand.
That, and the fact he let a car be hacked to death in his place for the last HDD show grant him a special life time pass for a lot of other faults that PHIX might've had.
And geezues, w/ Lee's . . . odd personality, that is quite the pass indeed.

It's one thing to not dig a venue, but this is a RIP thread, and I don't think it's the place to gripe about the craptacular sound issues. A guy who spent years exhausting himself to keep his space going just bottomed out; he wasn't Hitler/Michael Jackson, and his place wasn't a shit-smelling rape factory, now is not the time to dump on it.

I'm sure there's a legion of audio engineers out there who pick-a-part everything you work on Mike, but when you take the big dirtnap, that will not be the time to start picking apart your career and abilities--and I'll smack anyone here who does it.

YES better venues, YES better sound systems. But more improtantly YES to DIY.
If you don't like the way it is, Do It Yourself and do it better.

Call a spade a spade....
I'm not into the idea of just giving credit for just doing... Anyone can just do much of what most of us do, it's about being good and successful at it. Do we give people credit for getting out of bed? "Congrats for putting on your shoes today". Makes no sense to me. Do I wish ill will on this person, who I'm sure I've meet but I don't remember, no. But if a band broke up that I didn't like and I said simular things about them would I get the same reaction? I think that the overly p.c. approach to everything just allows mediocrity. I'm sure the guy is great.. But that has nothing to do with the venue. Of all the venues I've been to all over the world, (just to clarify I've been to hundreds of venues if not 1000) this was top 5 least favorite venues.
Sorry...
Im aetheist.. Say whatever you want when I'm dead I'll be none the wiser. I'm happy hearing peoples opinions of stuff I've worked many times it improves what I do. Sorry you got so flustered by this

I believe the point JRC is trying to make goes above whether or not you are an atheist, but more that there are times to be respectful and just keep your thoughts to yourself. Respect is something that I would think an atheist would understand much better than a believer, but that's just me.

There are people/places/things I have no care for, but if there was a thread about a death/closing/whatever I would probably just keep my thoughts to myself.

I am sure many people agree with what you have to say about the place, and I realize you are quitting smoking, but when you go into a "R.I.P." thread and make the comments you made, most places would consider that Trolling.

I'm not messageboard savvy, what's Trolling?

#52 skeksis

skeksis

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 03:19 PM

http://en.wikipedia....Troll_(Internet)

#53 rudolpho of pensacola

rudolpho of pensacola

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 03:27 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)

and whats wrong with that? especially when youre dealing with a message board full of faggots

#54 MikeyWretch

MikeyWretch

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzified
  • 5,998 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 03:29 PM

and whats wrong with that? especially when youre dealing with a message board full of faggots

I think I might secretly like you

#55 Jacki O.

Jacki O.

Princess of Darkness

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 03:29 PM

i just read this whole thread and totally enjoyed it for some reason. i f'n love the shizz. you are good people.
mike wretch: you seem like a cool dude!
and my crush on jackie o grows bigger

+1 :wub:

#56 donald

donald

Sleeveless

• Shizzadmin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,119 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 03:30 PM

this is a good example of Trolling

Thanks Rudolpho for showing us a good example
Next week, we will look into Trolls eating habits.

Seriously though, let's stick with the topic.
People don't give a shit, unless it affects them personally, this affects me personally!

Posted Image

Message board?

This is The Shizz.

Chromelodeon manages to get all the furniture from their hotel into the lake a few years back...and people are worried about shizzies?

#57 rudolpho of pensacola

rudolpho of pensacola

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 03:34 PM

anytime, faggot.

#58 dharma_bum

dharma_bum

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 2,372 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 02:08 PM

yeah, these are the threads that make everything worth while. very funny indeed. ah, to be human and so full of piss and vinegar. speaking of vinegar, i saw the vinegar sting play here once. it was the only time that i ever saw a show at the phix. sounded ok to me. i was more bummed out that more people didn't show up to see the sting play. oh well.

#59 innerear

innerear

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 10:52 AM

What was the topic again?
How I'm a troll? How a venue closed? or how I disliked that venue?

#60 Quezo

Quezo

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 3,250 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 11:09 AM

http://en.wikipedia....roll_(Internet)

What was the topic again?
How I'm a troll? How a venue closed? or how I disliked that venue?

How a venue closed.

This thread is soooooo May 3rd.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users