17 replies to this topic

#1 rudolpho of pensacola

rudolpho of pensacola

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 06:38 AM

just got this from her. figured she wants the word spread..

SOS CONGRESS

Join diverse Arizonans on June 27th at 8am at the Heard Museum. Together we will exemplify unity for the rest of the nation to see. In recent weeks, we have become pawns in a national game of hate. We are being called racists by people who don’t know us, who are misinformed about how SB1070 came to pass.

Over 500 Arizonans from diverse cultures and belief systems will stand united, shoulder to shoulder and spell out SOS CONGRESS while we are photographed from 12 stories above. This photograph will be going to the national media, along with a series of portraits, also shot that morning, each with three Arizonans standing side by side.

Regardless of our differences this is something we can all relate to as Arizonans. This is a bill that negatively impacts all of us in a multitude of ways. The Federal Government needs to stand up and take control of this issue, which not only affects us here in Arizona, but the rest of the country as well.

We want to put a face on the people who live here, and we need to show that we are standing in unison. We are in the middle of a crisis that could last our lifetime if we don’t stand up now and let our voices be heard. Help us spread the word. June 27th…please be there. Every person counts.

Questions: Kimber Lanning 602 or kimber.lanning@gmail.com

#2 donald

donald

Sleeveless

• Shizzadmin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,119 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 10:11 AM

sweet!
People don't give a shit, unless it affects them personally, this affects me personally!

Posted Image

Message board?

This is The Shizz.

Chromelodeon manages to get all the furniture from their hotel into the lake a few years back...and people are worried about shizzies?

#3 Jacki O.

Jacki O.

Princess of Darkness

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 12:13 PM

very cool
thx for posting

#4 jhealy

jhealy

Pimpin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 05:47 PM

i think this is a great idea, it will be like a school photo, but do something other than create nastalgia.

#5 donald

donald

Sleeveless

• Shizzadmin
  • 12,119 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 07:15 AM

this is less than an hour folks :)

http://www.soscongre...-event-details/
People don't give a shit, unless it affects them personally, this affects me personally!

Posted Image

Message board?

This is The Shizz.

Chromelodeon manages to get all the furniture from their hotel into the lake a few years back...and people are worried about shizzies?

#6 donald

donald

Sleeveless

• Shizzadmin
  • 12,119 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 09:37 AM

it was fun, I had a great time, saw some folks I don't normally see, totally different vibe than the other marches and rallies I have been to against 1070.

very cool, and kudos to kimber for putting this all together.

Posted Image

Message board?

This is The Shizz.

#7 donald

donald

Sleeveless

• Shizzadmin
  • 12,119 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 08:51 AM

my blog about the event http://theshizz.org/...fessor-chomsky/

Posted Image

Message board?

This is The Shizz.

#8 jhealy

jhealy

Pimpin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 08:57 AM

az republic

#9 Tony

Tony

Tiger's Milk

• Shizzadmin
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 09:07 AM

az republic

ugh.. i made the mistake of reading some of the comments. there's so much hate it's mind boggling. :(
Emperors of Japan
Myspace

My thesis is called the "Black-Emperor-Says Theory" and holds that any any Phoenix-area indie rock festival there is a 100 percent probability that Emperors of Japan, Black Carl, and/or What Laura Says will be on the bill.

- Martin Shizzmore

#10 unluckycharm

unluckycharm

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzified
  • 6,069 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 09:19 AM

@ Donald ~that is cool that you got a reply back from Noam Chomsky.

#11 skeksis

skeksis

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 09:20 AM

my blog about the event http://theshizz.org/...fessor-chomsky/

Cool that you got a response, even if it was pretty brief - he's been quite the academic celebrity for decades now.

#12 donald

donald

Sleeveless

• Shizzadmin
  • 12,119 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 09:39 AM

thanks guys, I think if I would have asked a more pointed question I might have gotten a better response. I realize that now, but it's fucking awesome that I can now say I sent an email to Noam Chomsky and he replied back to me :)

Posted Image

Message board?

This is The Shizz.

#13 mancopter

mancopter

OCEAN MAN

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,266 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 10:20 AM

azcentral

(I made the mistake of reading these comments, too. God fucking damn I hate this state.)

#14 donald

donald

Sleeveless

• Shizzadmin
  • 12,119 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 10:46 AM

azcentral

(I made the mistake of reading these comments, too. God fucking damn I hate this state.)

God Damn it mancopter, you have got to be kind! :)

Posted Image

Message board?

This is The Shizz.

#15 jeremx

jeremx

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 10:49 AM

azcentral

yeah.. makes the brain hurty.
Cheap domains, hosting, email, etc = Indieweb.co
Temporary forum for Azpunk.com message board folks = www.azpwithdrawal.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users