some interesting donors:
Veridus
Quarles & Brady Streich Lang
Low & Childers
Lewis and Roca
Hamilton Consulting
Southwest Policy Group - lobbies for the Arizona Mining Association
Miller, LaSota and Peters
Husk Partners - lobbies for the Fiesta Bowl, Maricopa Integrated Health System, and TriWest Healthcare Alliance, among others
SRW Consulting - lobbies for the Arizona Society of Cosmetic Surgeons, Duke Energy, Kraft Foods USA, Philip Morris USA, Inc., and Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. among others
Westmec
Atty John Magnum
Swank Boutique
Tectura Software
Issaacson & Duffy
Highground Consultants - public affairs group that pushed the following legislation: Yes on 103 – Official English; getting Brewer elected for Secretary of State several times (and now working on her campaign for governor in november), McCain 2000 – Arizona Presidential Primary, Russell Pearce for Senate LD 18, Yes on Prop. 300 – Wal-Mart Mesa,
Northern AZ University
Arizona Association of Realtors
The Fiesta Bowl
Wells Fargo
Az Citizens Defense League - gun advocacy group that lists their goals as: Fewer restrictions on the lawful carrying of firearms on Public property (buildings, parks, etc.), Liability responsibility for property owners who ban firearms, “Restaurant Carry” – The ability of law-abiding citizens to dine out while carrying a firearm.
AZ Charter Schools
SRP
Wren & Associates
Frontier Towing
Brown & Brown
American Express Company Political Action Committee
Glaxosmithkline
AZ society of Practicing Accountants
Phleps Dodge - named by The Center for Public Integrity as a potentially responsible party in at least 13 Superfund toxic waste sites.
Transportation Assoc legislation & Education
Qwest AZ
Amigos PAC - i can't find anything about this group but it's related somehow to the Southwest Policy Group through the same lobbyists
Phx Firefighters Local 493
Tohono O’Odham Nation
AZ Osteopathic Medical Association
AZ Podiatry
AZ State Lodge - couldnt find anything on this except something related to the fraternal order of police
AZ Rock Products
Optometric Political Action Committee of AZ
Plea – PAC - couldnt find anything on this but they are a political action committee so they're lobbying for something.
Prison Health Services, Prison Political Action Committee
Raytheon AZ Active Citizenship Fund
Food Industry Political Action Committee

#2 jeremx

jeremx

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 01:22 PM

i use wells fargo and qwest.. <_<

some of the organizations on that list seem pretty out of place. depends on the motivation or if they really even know who/what they were giving to. sometimes there's just money on the books that has to go somewhere and someone doesn't do their homework and embarrasses everyone.
Cheap domains, hosting, email, etc = Indieweb.co
Temporary forum for Azpunk.com message board folks = www.azpwithdrawal.com

#3 Jacki O.

Jacki O.

Princess of Darkness

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 02:18 PM

On Pearce's website he also lists his "friends" (awwwwww!) some notable mentions:
Constable Fred Arnett - big with the tea party az "patriots"
Sheriff Joe Arpaio - douche
Candidate Cecil Ash - he's a crazy "Birther"
Joe Barto - husband of anti-choice/freedom/life State Senator Nancy Barto, author of that horrible omnibus anti-choice bill that passed last year
Honorable Barbara Blewster
Honorable Rusty Bowers
John Brewer - husband of Gov. Jan Brewer
Honorable Debra Brimhall
Supervisor Fulton Brock
Honorable Wayne Brown
Honorable Larry Chesley
Honorable Dean Cooley
Dr. A. Keith Crandell
Dr. Morgan Davis
Honorable Susanne Davis
Honorable Sal DiCiccio
LD8 Chairman Royce Flora
Honorable Tom Freestone
Honorable John Giles
Former Sheriff Dick Godbehere
Honorable Randy Graf
State Mine Inspector Joe Hart
Candidate Kanani Hendersen
Honorable Charlie Hendrix
Dr. Alan Immerman
Don Iverson
Dr. Kent Layton
Dr. Talmage Lewis
Honorable Bill McGibbon
Candidate Ron Middlebrook
Chairman LD22 Craig Nelson
Chairman LD19 Pat Oldroyd
Honorable Dave & Patti Peterson
Honorable David & Tawna Peterson
Commissioner Gary Pierce
Col. Albert Rodriguez
Honorable Keith Russell
Dr. Ray Russell
Larry Schnepf
Terry Schnepf
Honorable Jim Stapley
Honorable Lela Steffey
Honorable Louis Stradling
Honorable Janie Thom
Representative Andy Tobin
Chairman LD18 Matt Tolman
Honorable Stan Turley
Honorable Willie Wong
Sheriff Navajo County Gary Butler

#4 Jacki O.

Jacki O.

Princess of Darkness

• Shizzified
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 02:38 PM

some of the organizations on that list seem pretty out of place. depends on the motivation or if they really even know who/what they were giving to. sometimes there's just money on the books that has to go somewhere and someone doesn't do their homework and embarrasses everyone.

oh and wells fargo sux big balls in your mouth

you should switch to a local credit union or a less-douchey national bank, you'll save a lot of money!

#5 donald

donald

Sleeveless

• Shizzadmin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,119 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 03:16 PM

There is no way that I believe a corporation doesn't know where their money is going, ESPECIALLY if it has anything to do with politics. If they said they didn't realize it at the time, they are full of shit.

Corporations are as much into politics as the politicians themselves.

This is the first part of a 23 part series, it will give you some insight as to corporations and how they operate.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pin8fbdGV9Y&feature=PlayList&p=B88028AC26901423&playnext_from=PL&index=0

I highly recommend watching all 23 parts, the weird part about this documentary is that some of the parts that I thought were over dramatized I found was pretty straight up when doing research on some other items.

Externalities, the issues with water ownership in bolivia, and the two reporters from FOX who were fired for telling the truth. It's pretty scary shit.

I too use a credit union.

:)
People don't give a shit, unless it affects them personally, this affects me personally!

Posted Image

Message board?

This is The Shizz.

Chromelodeon manages to get all the furniture from their hotel into the lake a few years back...and people are worried about shizzies?

#6 Jacki O.

Jacki O.

Princess of Darkness

• Shizzified
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 03:19 PM

more groups and people that endorse Pearce (according to his website)

Maricopa County Republican Party
PAChyderm Coalition
Arizona Right to Life :( (anti-choice/freedom group)
NRA with an A+ rating
District 18 Precinct Committeemen
Arizona African American Republican Club (what?!?!)
Arizona Police Association (9,000 police officers)
Phoenix Law Enforcement Association (2,500 police officers)
AzCops (over 6,000 public safety officers)
AZ Fraternal Order of Police (FOP)
Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio
Pinal County Sheriff Paul Babeu
Maricopa County Attorney Andrew Thomas (gross)
Maricopa County Deputy's Law Enforcement Association
Arizona Highway Patrol Association
Arizona Federation of Firefighters
State Fraternal Order of Police
U.S. Border Patrol Officers of the Southwest United States (over 3,500 Arizona Officers) (hmmmmmm)

Committee Chairs
Sheriff Joe Arpaio, Maricopa County Attorney Andy Thomas, Corp. Commissioner Gary Pierce, Honorable Tom Freestone, Retired Col. Albert Rodriguez, Minutemen Founder Chris Simcox; Former Sheriff Dick Godbehere, Reed Flake

Legislative Endorsements
House Members: Eddie Farnsworth, Andy Biggs, Mark Anderson, David Gowan, David Stevens, Judy Burgess, Bob Stump, Speaker Jim Weiers, Tom Boone, Trish Groe, Steve Yarbrough, Ray Barnes, Sam Crump, John Kavanagh, Andy Tobin, Warde Nichols, Ray Barnes, Carl Seel, Michelle Reagan, Nancy McLain

Senators: Linda Gray, Chuck Gray, Thayer Verschoor, Bob Burns, Ron Gould, Jack Harper, Al Melvin, Frank Antenori, Pamela Gorman, and Sylvia Allen

**Be aware if any of these politicians are running for re-election in your district!!!!!

#7 differently biotic

differently biotic

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 03:31 PM

water right ownership is freaking insane! I work for a company that is one of the, what is it, three or four companies that have ownership.

blue gold is a fantastic documentary on it.

I will check out that corporation...

#8 jeremx

jeremx

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 04:49 PM

There is no way that I believe a corporation doesn't know where their money is going, ESPECIALLY if it has anything to do with politics. If they said they didn't realize it at the time, they are full of shit.

well i was referring more to some of the smaller entities on that list. but i'll check out that doc for sure.
Cheap domains, hosting, email, etc = Indieweb.co
Temporary forum for Azpunk.com message board folks = www.azpwithdrawal.com

#9 Dez

Dez

Pimpin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 04:50 PM

oh and wells fargo sux big balls in your mouth

you should switch to a local credit union or a less-douchey national bank, you'll save a lot of money!

DSFCU!

#10 Jacki O.

Jacki O.

Princess of Darkness

• Shizzified
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 05:04 PM

i just posted this on my facebook:

want to effectively protest against Arizona's SB1070? Dont buy cigarettes from companies owned by Philip Morris/Altria Group. Philip Morris (now Altria Group) employs lobbying organizations in the State of AZ that donate money to Russell Pearce's war chest. You can boycott our state all you want but the second you puff on your Marlboro, Virginia Slims, Merit, Parliament, Alpine, Basic, and Cambridge cigs (among many other brands), you're doing more to help AZ politicians pass laws taking away our civil rights than your "boycott AZ" will ever do.

but i think it should be "ever UNDO"

im trying to connect all the money lines. Philip Morris employs SRW Consulting, SRW Consulting donated money to Russell Pearce's war chest. Therefore, dont buy products from Philip Morris.

Philip Morris just changed its name to the Altria Group in order to more distance itself from its horrendous past of poisoning its consumers, lying to consumers and governments, and marketing to children. oh and it's gazillion lawsuits from those actions as well.

Philip Morris/Altria proudly creates the following products:
tobacco:
* Alpine
* Appollo-Soyuz
* Assos
* Basic
* Benson & Hedges (American Version)
* Best
* Bristol
* Bond Street
* Boston
* Bucks
* Cambridge
* Chesterfield
* Classic
* Collector's Choice
* Commander
* Diana
* Delicados
* Elita
* English Ovals
* f6
* Lark
* Long Beach
* L&M
* Marlboro
* Merit
* Muratti
* Multifilter
* Morven Gold
* Next
* Optima
* Parliament
* Peter Jackson
* Philip Morris
* Players
* Petra
* Red & White
* Saratoga
* SG
* Sparta
* Start
* Sampoerna (a brand of Indonesian kreteks)
* Virginia Slims

Wine via its ownership of Ste Michelle Wine Estates

* Chateau Ste Michelle
* Columbia Crest
* Stags Leap Wine Cellars
* Conn Creek
* Red Diamond
* Snoqualmie
* Spring Valley
* Villa Mt Eden
* Erath
* Col Solare
* Northstar
* Villa Antinori
* Tormaresca
* Tignanello
* Antica Napa Valley
* Solaia
* Santa Cristina
* Haras di Pirque
* La Bracessca
* Montenisa
* Hawk Crest
* Fourteen Hands
* Champagne Nicolas Feuillatte
* Palmes d'Or
* Domaine Ste Michelle

Beer via its part ownership of SABMiller
Olde English 800
Miller Chill (jeremx!)
Blue Moon
Leinenkugel
Pilsner Urquell
Nastro Azzurro
Peroni
Tyskie
Ursus
Dreher
Grolsch
Lech
Castle Lager
Castle Milk Stout
Eagle
Fosters
Kilimanjaro
Haywards 5000
Royal Challenge
Knock out
Indus Pride
Snow
Zorok
Miller Lite**
Miller Genuine Draft
Miller High Life
Mickey's
Milwaukee's Best Ice
Magnum Malt Liquor

**Everything from the Miller Brewing Company (now MillerCoors, owned by SABMiller, owned by Altria/Philip Morris)

#11 differently biotic

differently biotic

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 05:18 PM

nevermind

it's just so mind numbing how so many products are under one umbrella...

#12 donald

donald

Sleeveless

• Shizzadmin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,119 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 05:26 PM

SAB Miller also owns over 150 market-leading local brands. The company is one of the world’s largest Coca-Cola bottlers and has carbonated soft drinks bottling operations in 14 markets.

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo dammit

What sucks is I don't normally get a coke when I get fast food, but today I did.
People don't give a shit, unless it affects them personally, this affects me personally!

Posted Image

Message board?

This is The Shizz.

Chromelodeon manages to get all the furniture from their hotel into the lake a few years back...and people are worried about shizzies?

#13 Rial

Rial

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 11:36 PM

FUCK!
I smoke marlboros and drink miller.
[url="http://saidgun.bandcamp.com/"]SAID GUN[/url]

#14 Tony

Tony

Tiger's Milk

• Shizzadmin
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 06:42 AM

my impression is that a few random people following the money trail and selectively boycotting products isn't going to make .00001% of difference to pm's bottom line.

now, if you had a group of people doing it (like you're urging us to do) it might make a slightly larger (like .001%) impact. if you had a bigger, more organized group, even better. but i think unless the corporation knows about your group and your intentions, they're still going to donate money to whatever candidate they see fit.

actually, i sort of disagree with you donald. i'm guessing a lot of the corporate donors are backing republican candidates rather blindly because of voting records on things like tax incentives or other standards that impact them financially. i don't think they consider issues like whether somebody is racist or homophobic because it doesn't impact their bottom line. unless of course the guy is so racist or homophobic that their tacit support is an embarassment, but pearce isn't at that level yet since this measure is still favored by a lot of people. now, you might find them electing to not donate during the next election cycle, but there's no way a company is going to stand up and publicly say "we're pulling funding because we disagree with you politically" because then you're making people make a political choice about buying your product - and corporations don't want that.

so maybe a better way to say it is that they know where the money is going, but they're not looking at anything except how favorably a candidate treats big business in his/her district.
Emperors of Japan
Myspace

My thesis is called the "Black-Emperor-Says Theory" and holds that any any Phoenix-area indie rock festival there is a 100 percent probability that Emperors of Japan, Black Carl, and/or What Laura Says will be on the bill.

- Martin Shizzmore

#15 Rial

Rial

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 07:05 AM

across the board I am sure corporations support very d baggy dudes in every state, and as a whole corporations are pretty shitty, I mean, we should be buying 4 peaks or some shit over miller high life anyway. And smoking is bad so we should all knock that shit off.
[url="http://saidgun.bandcamp.com/"]SAID GUN[/url]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users