52 replies to this topic

#1 donald

donald

Sleeveless

• Shizzadmin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,119 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 01:37 PM

Let's get this bad boy (or girl) in action :)

I guess the first thing we want to do is become informed. I have yet to create my blog with all the lists of anti sb1070 sites one of which is for musicians against the boycotting of the state. I will try and at least get the blog started by today and put a link here.

Are people free to meet up this monday? I have the day off, I don't know if everyone else does, otherwise we can schedule an evening next week to get together. I say our first meet up should just be like our first shizz meeting (which Jacki is fully aware of) where we can get together like the Bikini or Carly's and basically discuss what we want to get out of the group, form a consensus and start creating action items and goals.

Please share your thoughts.

Now I am back to work, but will be working on putting a new blog together in the meantime.
People don't give a shit, unless it affects them personally, this affects me personally!

Posted Image

Message board?

This is The Shizz.

Chromelodeon manages to get all the furniture from their hotel into the lake a few years back...and people are worried about shizzies?

#2 Jacki O.

Jacki O.

Princess of Darkness

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 01:41 PM

i have to work on monday (because freedom isn't free :angry: )

but i can meet up after 530pm on monday.

they will probably close our office super early on monday since NO ONE ELSE WILL BE WORKING

so maybe i can meet up earlier. carly's or bikini get my vote.

#3 donald

donald

Sleeveless

• Shizzadmin
  • 12,119 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 01:56 PM

i have to work on monday (because freedom isn't free :angry: )

but i can meet up after 530pm on monday.

they will probably close our office super early on monday since NO ONE ELSE WILL BE WORKING

so maybe i can meet up earlier. carly's or bikini get my vote.

I should have stated, I can do monday during the day, I pick my kids up from the airport in the evening on Monday. How about Tuesday evening?
People don't give a shit, unless it affects them personally, this affects me personally!

Posted Image

Message board?

This is The Shizz.

Chromelodeon manages to get all the furniture from their hotel into the lake a few years back...and people are worried about shizzies?

#4 Jacki O.

Jacki O.

Princess of Darkness

• Shizzified
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 02:26 PM

i am free tuesday evening!!!!!

7/6/10

#5 donald

donald

Sleeveless

• Shizzadmin
  • 12,119 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 02:30 PM

i am free tuesday evening!!!!!

7/6/10

Done, 7/6/10, 7pm Carly's?

I will come up with an informal agenda, anyone and everyone is invited to discuss this and take it from there.

Posted Image

Message board?

This is The Shizz.

#6 Jacki O.

Jacki O.

Princess of Darkness

• Shizzified
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 03:09 PM

yamobethere

#7 chadk

chadk

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 04:11 PM

just remind me, and i will be there

All the time when I tell people what I do they say, "Oh I don't understand art, I can't even draw." (or worse, "I only like art I can understand.") Well, ya know what, I don't know how to make a car, but I sure appreciate being able to drive one.

-trunkspace

#8 bunnyeyes

bunnyeyes

Shizz Knight

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 04:25 PM

I may or may not be able to make it but please keep updates here so I can help where I can.

#9 skeksis

skeksis

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 04:36 PM

Could support open mic & have mtg @ Urban Beans (just zayin)... No booze though.

#10 venven

venven

Shizz Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 05:00 PM

rad. I'm in.

#11 jhealy

jhealy

Pimpin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 05:56 PM

i will be there, and i can remind chad, no problem :)

#12 donald

donald

Sleeveless

• Shizzadmin
  • 12,119 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 06:22 PM

Great Idea Skeksis! We would want to do this BEFORE the open mic, not during ;)

Posted Image

Message board?

This is The Shizz.

#13 donald

donald

Sleeveless

• Shizzadmin
  • 12,119 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 11:40 AM

http://azcapitoltime...-to-come-today/

From the article:
Rep. John Kavanagh conceded during a panel discussion of Sb1070 last week that the law could impact people who have committed no crime, despite earlier promises by immigration hawks that the law will only be applied if another crime has been committed.

Posted Image

Message board?

This is The Shizz.

#14 donald

donald

Sleeveless

• Shizzadmin
  • 12,119 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 11:54 AM

I just created a new blog entry, it's pretty much a rough draft, I have alot of cleanup to do, but the foundation is there for those who want some information about the bill and what people can do like signing online petitions and such.

http://theshizz.org/...can-do-to-help/

Posted Image

Message board?

This is The Shizz.

#15 donald

donald

Sleeveless

• Shizzadmin
  • 12,119 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 12:29 PM

aight guys.

We will meet tonight at Urban Bean Coffee 7pm.

I plan on just getting a feel of the people there, see what people want to get out of the meeting and see if we can come up with something that we can get behind.

A couple of ideas which I have spoken to Jacki about are the following:

Getting a statement made to post on FB fan pages of people/bands like Rage Against the Machine, Joe Satriani, Maroon5, etc. to ask them NOT to boycott az and why it is understood they are making a statement, it is also hurting the wrong people. And having people start posting these all over FB.

Finding out locally owned companies who are funding the candidacy of politicians such as Russell Pearce, Jan Brewer, Joe Arpaio, and Boycotting said Companies.

This is all I got so far....

Posted Image

Message board?

This is The Shizz.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users