donald

Sleeveless

• Shizzadmin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,119 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 12:34 PM

ugh

http://blogs.phoenix...not_ve.php#more
People don't give a shit, unless it affects them personally, this affects me personally!

Posted Image

Message board?

This is The Shizz.

Chromelodeon manages to get all the furniture from their hotel into the lake a few years back...and people are worried about shizzies?

#18 innerear

innerear

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 12:51 PM

Getting a statement made to post on FB fan pages of people/bands like Rage Against the Machine, Joe Satriani, Maroon5, etc. to ask them NOT to boycott az and why it is understood they are making a statement, it is also hurting the wrong people. And having people start posting these all over FB.

I thought was about sb1070 not about bitching how others are protesting the bill? Yeah I won't be there.

#19 donald

donald

Sleeveless

• Shizzadmin
  • 12,119 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 01:19 PM

Getting a statement made to post on FB fan pages of people/bands like Rage Against the Machine, Joe Satriani, Maroon5, etc. to ask them NOT to boycott az and why it is understood they are making a statement, it is also hurting the wrong people. And having people start posting these all over FB.

I thought was about sb1070 not about bitching how others are protesting the bill? Yeah I won't be there.

The point of tonight is to get everyones ideas, mine aren't perfect of course.
These are just ideas, but thank you for your input ;)
People don't give a shit, unless it affects them personally, this affects me personally!

Posted Image

Message board?

This is The Shizz.

Chromelodeon manages to get all the furniture from their hotel into the lake a few years back...and people are worried about shizzies?

#20 jhealy

jhealy

Pimpin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 04:10 PM

chad and i are really going to try to come tonite.

#21 jhealy

jhealy

Pimpin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 06:19 PM

we can't make it tonite :(
let us know how it goes and when there will be another event.

#22 chadk

chadk

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 07:44 AM

i know jen was able to go and i did not, but i had some thoughts,

obviously there needs to be technology involved to get the "word" out, ie face book twitter, myspace, etc. or email blast such as moveon.org

i also think that getting a bunch of people who are all like minded on the topic to sit around and complain is not productive.

i know that was not the point of last night to make my self clear, i understand last night was to brainstorm ideas about what we should do can do to oppose this bill.

what i am trying to say is that, those things that we can should do should be focused around educating people about how this is a negitave towards our state.

ie, setting up shows will not change anyones minds, because the shows will cater to those that already agree the bill is bad.

what i suggest would be grass roots tactics.

flyers, peacefull protests or rally's, in the area's that are for the bill such as sun city, scottsdale, glendale, chandler, mesa. not the college town or the urban center,

just something i thought about last night after jen got home and we talked about it a bit.

All the time when I tell people what I do they say, "Oh I don't understand art, I can't even draw." (or worse, "I only like art I can understand.") Well, ya know what, I don't know how to make a car, but I sure appreciate being able to drive one.

-trunkspace

#23 donald

donald

Sleeveless

• Shizzadmin
  • 12,119 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 09:27 AM

i know jen was able to go and i did not, but i had some thoughts,

obviously there needs to be technology involved to get the "word" out, ie face book twitter, myspace, etc. or email blast such as moveon.org

i also think that getting a bunch of people who are all like minded on the topic to sit around and complain is not productive.

i know that was not the point of last night to make my self clear, i understand last night was to brainstorm ideas about what we should do can do to oppose this bill.

what i am trying to say is that, those things that we can should do should be focused around educating people about how this is a negitave towards our state.

ie, setting up shows will not change anyones minds, because the shows will cater to those that already agree the bill is bad.

what i suggest would be grass roots tactics.

flyers, peacefull protests or rally's, in the area's that are for the bill such as sun city, scottsdale, glendale, chandler, mesa. not the college town or the urban center,

just something i thought about last night after jen got home and we talked about it a bit.

Basically you just summed up last nights meeting :)
Thank you for sharing your thoughts though.

Posted Image

Message board?

This is The Shizz.

#24 skeksis

skeksis

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 10:13 AM

Shit. basically I just wrote up my thoughts, then somehow erased the damned form.

the gist of it was this:

what's the strategy... figure out a message, fairly narrow. figure out who to (try to) persuade with that message.

regarding who to persuade, I think that nationwide there's a 'moderate' middle ground who acknowledge a problem with immigration and regardless of sb1070 specifics they support the idea of trying to do something about it. in all likelihood they have serious problems with the implementation of the law, but nonetheless support the effort. IF you're thinking to contribute to a swing in the polls from the 70% support to where only the haters/racists (maybe 30-40%) support the law, I think you've gotta convince the middle.

the middle will probably respond well to economic arguments. it's not a civil/human/constitutional rights thing for them (as it is for the left), and it's not a race/class thing either (as for the right). which I suppose is the same line of reasoning that gets you to boycotts or buycotts: using economics to bully the middle into adopting your perspective. but most don't respond well to that kind of pressure. instead there must be some way to convince folks in the middle that there are simple economic arguments (which they could have come up with on their own) that make the case for us. no idea what those are, or how we could taylor the case to our specific message, but I think that's how we can be persuasive.

will try to think some more about this...

#25 chadk

chadk

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,323 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 07:53 AM

some thoughts:

informational pamphlets

2 types, one directed towards affluent communities one towards economically challenged communitites

affluent- would cover negative economic consequences resulting from the bill, plus anything else we can come up with. stats etc, history and such.

eco challenged- would cover voting (ie- getting new officials into office) dispel fear of voting, listing candidates opposing the bill, info concerning voting locations, pushing the importance of voting, these pamphlets would be in both english and spanish.

All the time when I tell people what I do they say, "Oh I don't understand art, I can't even draw." (or worse, "I only like art I can understand.") Well, ya know what, I don't know how to make a car, but I sure appreciate being able to drive one.

-trunkspace

#26 Jacki O.

Jacki O.

Princess of Darkness

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 11:34 AM

los aliens v. predator

fight absurdity with absurdity!

#27 jeremx

jeremx

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 01:11 PM

los aliens v. predator

fight absurdity with absurdity!

i couldn't hear it here at work but it looks hilarious.
Cheap domains, hosting, email, etc = Indieweb.co
Temporary forum for Azpunk.com message board folks = www.azpwithdrawal.com

#28 skeksis

skeksis

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 06:40 PM

Crazy, just realized that the cop who was in court today with one of the suits to stop 1070 is the fiance of one of my neighbors. Maybe they got married already? who knows? Anyway, I had overheard someone say something about this, but it didn't really sink in till I saw them on the news tonight walking in to the courthouse.... small world, eh?

#29 jhealy

jhealy

Pimpin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 10:50 AM

Local Businesses supporting Equality and List of Legislators who voted yes on SB1070

Volunteer to get people registered to vote

#30 Tony

Tony

Tiger's Milk

• Shizzadmin
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 01:28 PM

US senate candidate randy parraz is holding a neighborhood meet and greet in my hood.

yeah, it's a double post, but this is important stuff! if you would like to learn more about his campaign and his views against 1070, please check it out.
Emperors of Japan
Myspace

My thesis is called the "Black-Emperor-Says Theory" and holds that any any Phoenix-area indie rock festival there is a 100 percent probability that Emperors of Japan, Black Carl, and/or What Laura Says will be on the bill.

- Martin Shizzmore

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users