#1 illya

illya

Shizz Junior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 11:15 AM

NYT magazine article about 20somethings

so if i'm 31, still do a lot of the same things in the article (sans living at home and sponging off my parents with naiive sense of entitlement) what does that mean? oh, please tell me, new york times magazine!

#2 Tender Lad

Tender Lad

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 11:20 AM

Growing up = Giving up.

#3 mothrock

mothrock

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,469 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 11:26 AM

aka "kids are effing laaaaazy"
you're a signature.

#4 chadk

chadk

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,323 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 11:27 AM

i for one embrace my peter pan syndrome

All the time when I tell people what I do they say, "Oh I don't understand art, I can't even draw." (or worse, "I only like art I can understand.") Well, ya know what, I don't know how to make a car, but I sure appreciate being able to drive one.

-trunkspace

#5 mancopter

mancopter

OCEAN MAN

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,266 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 11:29 AM

I do too, but I'm honestly part of the "get a fucking job" crowd. I fully believe in financial independence.

#6 Rial

Rial

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 11:32 AM

Posted Image

[url="http://saidgun.bandcamp.com/"]SAID GUN[/url]

#7 mothrock

mothrock

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 4,469 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 11:43 AM

I do too, but I'm honestly part of the "get a fucking job" crowd. I fully believe in financial independence.

Amen.

This is 'merica , son. Get yo ass a job.
you're a signature.

#8 joe.distort

joe.distort

QUARTERBACK SCIENTIST

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,734 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 11:53 AM

i stopped reading because after a bit the whole thing just gets retarded. "ooooh these damn young people are doing things different!".but heres some of my thoughts

a) growing up, every 'adult' i knew was miserable. i will gladly stick to 'not growing up' if it means those kinds of bullshit standards
B) i finished school, became fiancially indpendent, and moved out at 18. those are the only three LEGIT things i see on there, since marriage and kids arent for everyone
c)BUT i would still rather hang out at an all ages show after making a stop for comics/video games and maybe some cupcakes for myself and the lady than the other alternative i see of hanging out with people my age with their heads up their career/babies ass. im not saying people with kids annd serious careers suck, shit, ive had a serious career for years now. its just that 'im better than you because im a real FULL FLEDGED adult' attitude. fuck you.
d) NYT journalists arent exactlry the kind of people who i look to to validate my lifestyle. we may not be out in the streets smashing windows or whatnot, but at some point i always remember THERE is a reason we are/were punks. yeah i am now a financially responsible punk who is probably frowned on as much from the young trust fund college rebels as well as people my age and older, but WE ARE NOT THE ONES WHO FIT IN. and we most likely never will be. these kinds of generalizations in this article are pretty useless over all.

e) give me a whiskey, because im starting to feel the pain of being in the middle group where im too old/responsible to be one of 'the kids' but im too much of a goofy, fun loving jackass to be one of 'the adults'. its a no mans land and theres not a whole lot of us. and it sucks. and its growing increasingly lonely and suffocating.

whewwwwww that was a ramble that helped get out some of my current frustrations

#9 mancopter

mancopter

OCEAN MAN

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,266 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 11:55 AM

e) give me a whiskey, because im starting to feel the pain of being in the middle group where im too old/responsible to be one of 'the kids' but im too much of a goofy, fun loving jackass to be one of 'the adults'. its a no mans land and theres not a whole lot of us. and it sucks. and its growing increasingly lonely and suffocating.

Lonely? a little, suffocating? Nah.

Cheers on that whiskey.

#10 Rial

Rial

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 11:59 AM

i stopped reading because after a bit the whole thing just gets retarded. "ooooh these damn young people are doing things different!".but heres some of my thoughts

a) growing up, every 'adult' i knew was miserable. i will gladly stick to 'not growing up' if it means those kinds of bullshit standards
B) i finished school, became fiancially indpendent, and moved out at 18. those are the only three LEGIT things i see on there, since marriage and kids arent for everyone
c)BUT i would still rather hang out at an all ages show after making a stop for comics/video games and maybe some cupcakes for myself and the lady than the other alternative i see of hanging out with people my age with their heads up their career/babies ass. im not saying people with kids annd serious careers suck, shit, ive had a serious career for years now. its just that 'im better than you because im a real FULL FLEDGED adult' attitude. fuck you.
d) NYT journalists arent exactlry the kind of people who i look to to validate my lifestyle. we may not be out in the streets smashing windows or whatnot, but at some point i always remember THERE is a reason we are/were punks. yeah i am now a financially responsible punk who is probably frowned on as much from the young trust fund college rebels as well as people my age and older, but WE ARE NOT THE ONES WHO FIT IN. and we most likely never will be. these kinds of generalizations in this article are pretty useless over all.

Posted Image
[url="http://saidgun.bandcamp.com/"]SAID GUN[/url]

#11 joe.distort

joe.distort

QUARTERBACK SCIENTIST

• Members
  • 10,734 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 11:59 AM

BUT I DONT ACTUALLY HAVE THE WHISKEY AND WONT FOR HOURS

#12 unluckycharm

unluckycharm

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzified
  • 6,069 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 12:01 PM

hey kid yer too young to drink that white lightnin'

#13 Jacki O.

Jacki O.

Princess of Darkness

• Shizzified
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 12:04 PM

self-indulgence til i'm 45!

#14 chadk

chadk

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,323 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 12:08 PM

Posted Image

THE LIST IS THOUSANDS LONG!

All the time when I tell people what I do they say, "Oh I don't understand art, I can't even draw." (or worse, "I only like art I can understand.") Well, ya know what, I don't know how to make a car, but I sure appreciate being able to drive one.

-trunkspace

#15 donald

donald

Sleeveless

• Shizzadmin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,119 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 01:56 PM

it's all relative,

If you enjoy where you are at, fuck it.

If you love living with your parents in your 30's I say go for it! Fuck what others think.

I left home when I was 16, and that shit ain't exactly easy to do ya know? I have been more than fortunate to be where I am in life without any real guidance since then and I feel I would be a helluva lot more better off If I did. But hey, hindsight is 20/20

I still fuck around and do shit some people stopped doing when they were 19, and I love every minute of it.
People don't give a shit, unless it affects them personally, this affects me personally!

Posted Image

Message board?

This is The Shizz.

Chromelodeon manages to get all the furniture from their hotel into the lake a few years back...and people are worried about shizzies?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users