29 replies to this topic

#1 gbell

gbell

Shizz Junior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 05:05 AM

Wondering what other bands/artists have done for merch. Tee's seem like an obvious choice, but after that and stickers is there anything else you have sold? Curious as to what the most unique band merch someone has sold (or bought for that matter)

Not sure why the jealousy occurred, maybe just the envisioning of my man meat being the pleasure pole for some other lucky lady (yea, I said it, you can quote me on that lol)

#2 Tony

Tony

Tiger's Milk

• Shizzadmin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 06:26 AM

i/we have never done anything except shirts and stickers. and cd's. although i did look into the cost of buying bulk thumb drives and distributing our last album on those instead of actually pressing a CD. it was way more expensive per unit than the CD was, though.
Emperors of Japan
Myspace

My thesis is called the "Black-Emperor-Says Theory" and holds that any any Phoenix-area indie rock festival there is a 100 percent probability that Emperors of Japan, Black Carl, and/or What Laura Says will be on the bill.

- Martin Shizzmore

#3 donald

donald

Sleeveless

• Shizzadmin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,119 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 08:24 AM

I have a rumspringer beer coozy that I truly adore

Vinegar Sting Coffee mug sits on my shelf

Maybe one day Einhorn customized bikini underwear will be something I will sport

I used to have a Foot in the Grave key fob, I think I still have that somewhere.

Osama Bin Sars used to sell cupcakes and basically have yard sales at their shows, mix that with what VinFiz used to do with stenciling their name on whatever clothes you have on and that would work out to be pretty cool.

Necronauts put out an Elton John CD with Their names on it, but I wouldn't recommend doing that, and it was not the necros fault, the cd replication company fucked that up.

just a few ideas of what I have seen in the past.
People don't give a shit, unless it affects them personally, this affects me personally!

Posted Image

Message board?

This is The Shizz.

Chromelodeon manages to get all the furniture from their hotel into the lake a few years back...and people are worried about shizzies?

#4 Katie

Katie

Shizz Level 8 White Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 09:02 AM

The Locust made aprons, and I was pretty on board with that. I regret everyday not buying one. However I did buy Aquabat sweatpants.
We're the heart and soul of this heartless country

#5 joe.distort

joe.distort

QUARTERBACK SCIENTIST

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,726 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 09:11 AM

LOCUST also made cocaine mirrors and belt buckles.

make a band zine, or get some salt and pepper shakers made. if you can, find one of those corporate branding catalogs and check out what kinda shit is easy to print/make-BUT DONT BUY IT FROM THEM. they are more expensive than getting local people. so then you can have frisbees, pens, water bottles or whatever wacky shit you can find with your logo and/or art. the next step is that if you get it for cheap, SELL IT FOR CHEAP. nothing shittier than seeing something you know cost 1.60 per unit selling for 9 bones. but thats a whole other conversation...

#6 chalupacabra

chalupacabra

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 992 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 09:46 AM

The Locust made aprons, and I was pretty on board with that. I regret everyday not buying one. However I did buy Aquabat sweatpants.

Cagematch is making aprons sooner than later as well. They are going to be awesome too.
Posted Image

CAGEMATCH

stomping on your fingers as you're clinging on to the abyss

#7 differently biotic

differently biotic

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 10:19 AM

beer coozies! I love all of the ones I have from bands. My favorite are the two I have from OPioneers. Neon colors and drink more weed on it.

my favorite band tshirt is my HOTDOG one. Hand painted goodwill tshirt.

I love patches too. and those little buttons.

#8 Jacki O.

Jacki O.

Princess of Darkness

• Shizzified
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 10:35 AM

jan brewer face toilet paper (idea credit goes to Donald)

Posted Image

#9 chadk

chadk

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,323 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 10:44 AM

i originally read this thread as bad merch ideas

All the time when I tell people what I do they say, "Oh I don't understand art, I can't even draw." (or worse, "I only like art I can understand.") Well, ya know what, I don't know how to make a car, but I sure appreciate being able to drive one.

-trunkspace

#10 Tender Lad

Tender Lad

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 10:47 AM

Einhorn cock-rings.

#11 Jacki O.

Jacki O.

Princess of Darkness

• Shizzified
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 10:49 AM

Einhorn cock-rings.

i would buy one.

#12 donald

donald

Sleeveless

• Shizzadmin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,119 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 10:51 AM

Einhorn cock-rings.

i would buy one.

I would wear one
People don't give a shit, unless it affects them personally, this affects me personally!

Posted Image

Message board?

This is The Shizz.

Chromelodeon manages to get all the furniture from their hotel into the lake a few years back...and people are worried about shizzies?

#13 Tony

Tony

Tiger's Milk

• Shizzadmin
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 10:59 AM

Einhorn cock-rings.

solid.

i'm curious about what it would cost to do this, but i'm not going to search for "cock ring manufacturers" on my work computer.
Emperors of Japan
Myspace

My thesis is called the "Black-Emperor-Says Theory" and holds that any any Phoenix-area indie rock festival there is a 100 percent probability that Emperors of Japan, Black Carl, and/or What Laura Says will be on the bill.

- Martin Shizzmore

#14 Katie

Katie

Shizz Level 8 White Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 11:08 AM

Cagematch is making aprons sooner than later as well. They are going to be awesome too.

MAKE IT HAPPEN AND I WILL BUY IT AND WEAR IT WHEN I BAKE
We're the heart and soul of this heartless country

#15 Tender Lad

Tender Lad

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 11:11 AM

Einhorn cock-rings.

solid.

i'm curious about what it would cost to do this, but i'm not going to search for "cock ring manufacturers" on my work computer.

I'll make it happen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users