37 replies to this topic

#16 mothrock

mothrock

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,469 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 04:20 PM

Like most problems in this country it starts with a greedy consumer. A doctor makes a minor error, and gets sued for malpractice. The consumer sees an opportunity, and with a sleazy enough lawyer, can demand payments far beyond the damage done.

So the doc has to have malpractice insurance, because you never know what little error you make could cause a multi-million dollar lawsuit. The more doctors get sued by the "where's my slice" consumer, the more malpractice insurance costs the doctors.

The more malpractice insurance costs the doctors, the more they have to charge for their services to keep up with the insurance payments. Since patients pay for insurance, and the insurance companies pay the doctors, the doctors are effectively charging the insurance companies more.

The insurance companies are in business to make money, not to lose it. So the consumers' premiums go up because "health care keeps getting more and more expensive."

And the spiral continues downward and we all suffer. It's a bit like the lottery. Lots of people buy tickets, only a few get big payouts. Only instead of just the single mechanism which is the lottery, there's this multi-layered thing.

I would like to see some statistics on these "greedy consumer" payouts.
you're a signature.

#17 illya

illya

Shizz Junior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 09:40 PM

Like most problems in this country it starts with a greedy consumer. A doctor makes a minor error, and gets sued for malpractice. The consumer sees an opportunity, and with a sleazy enough lawyer, can demand payments far beyond the damage done.

So the doc has to have malpractice insurance, because you never know what little error you make could cause a multi-million dollar lawsuit. The more doctors get sued by the "where's my slice" consumer, the more malpractice insurance costs the doctors.

The more malpractice insurance costs the doctors, the more they have to charge for their services to keep up with the insurance payments. Since patients pay for insurance, and the insurance companies pay the doctors, the doctors are effectively charging the insurance companies more.

The insurance companies are in business to make money, not to lose it. So the consumers' premiums go up because "health care keeps getting more and more expensive."

And the spiral continues downward and we all suffer. It's a bit like the lottery. Lots of people buy tickets, only a few get big payouts. Only instead of just the single mechanism which is the lottery, there's this multi-layered thing.

I would like to see some statistics on these "greedy consumer" payouts.

seconded.

i never cease to be absolutely nauseated by health insurance's slimy grip on what should be a right not a privilege. people getting sick is always going to cost everyone money in some form or another, be it insurance premiums or taxes. the issue is, should we obligate everyone in society to pay into a larger system that isn't profit driven and is more service driven as a government program would be run, or do we keep the current system?

#18 Tony

Tony

Tiger's Milk

• Shizzadmin
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 07:06 AM

until these docs concede that maybe, just maybe, making over $100,000 dollars a year is a huge luxury and not an entitlement, the first steps toward change will never happen.

hey, if i spent all those extra years (and dollars) for schooling to be a doctor and then went through my years of hell in residency, i'm going to want my payout. it's not like anyone can just show up and be a doctor.

if you told me you were going to cut my huge salary (which i know isn't huge right off the bat) so we could manage other people's costs i'd probably be too busy getting hired by a pharmaceutical company to tell you to fuck off.
Emperors of Japan
Myspace

My thesis is called the "Black-Emperor-Says Theory" and holds that any any Phoenix-area indie rock festival there is a 100 percent probability that Emperors of Japan, Black Carl, and/or What Laura Says will be on the bill.

- Martin Shizzmore

#19 joe.distort

joe.distort

QUARTERBACK SCIENTIST

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,724 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 08:17 AM

eeeeeeeeexactly.

#20 Rial

Rial

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 08:33 AM

your health insurance is welcome at my back alley root canal/sports medicine facility. Just PM me.
[url="http://saidgun.bandcamp.com/"]SAID GUN[/url]

#21 illya

illya

Shizz Junior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 09:39 AM

your health insurance is welcome at my back alley root canal/sports medicine facility. Just PM me.

that was awesome.

#22 Jacki O.

Jacki O.

Princess of Darkness

• Shizzified
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 10:12 AM

do you do abortions?

#23 Rial

Rial

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 10:34 AM

do you do abortions?

if the child was conceived thru the mouth or thru a sporting event.

#24 Jacki O.

Jacki O.

Princess of Darkness

• Shizzified
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 10:36 AM

do you do abortions?

if the child was conceived thru the mouth or thru a sporting event.

i bet lots of bebies are conceived at sporting events

#25 Rial

Rial

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 10:38 AM

My child was concieved at a WNBA slam dunk contest.

#26 Jacki O.

Jacki O.

Princess of Darkness

• Shizzified
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 11:11 AM

YES

#27 Rial

Rial

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 11:20 AM

YES

its a lie. girls can't dunk.

#28 HNIC

HNIC

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 11:30 AM

Your wifes a lesbian....sweet.

#29 Jacki O.

Jacki O.

Princess of Darkness

• Shizzified
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 11:32 AM

YES

neither can you!

#30 Quezo

Quezo

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 3,250 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 11:33 AM

YES

Very not true sir:

http://theshizz.org/...14-dunk-thread/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users