#17 JRC

JRC

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,500 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 11:11 AM

Here's the TS Drill:

Send me an email w/ your bands name in the subject line, and a link to your music in the body.
(dont' facbook me, myspace me, send smoke signals, drop off a demo, or call.)
If I know you from some other band, or someone recommended you to us, mention that/who.
Also, describe your sound and stuff in a way that's easy for me to understand, example:
Good--
"We're a pop punk band w/ influences like The Clash, Weezer, and Yonder Mt. String Band (really). This is our first band and we're all MCC students 18 yrs old."
Bad--
"We'll melt your face and think everyone else sux, chicks dig us!"

Also, don't pop up out of the blue asking to play w/ a big name touring act out of nowhere--aint gunna happen and makes you look like a tool.

Don't email me weekly, but do check back every now and again.
Come to shows, learn what we're about, say hello, hang out, ask if you can be of help, don't beg or act entitled.

Mostly, when we start working w/ a new (to us) band, we're going to ask you to open for some touring acts first.
But, if you know TS, we don't just go for easy to peg, 'radio friendly' stuff, we like really odd sounds, so there's a good chance you won't get asked to play shows right away--and honestly if you're just, like Jewel, or Nickelback, Disturbed, or like that, you probably won't get asked at all.
So, learn what the venue is about: coffee houses aren't going to book your metal band so why ask, we're not going to book your blues cover act so why ask, Lost Leaf isn't going to book your harshnoise act so why ask?

65ad9f37c58e7dc65500d82c7596a5c282c67a95      tumblr_pyddfuoAB51u2kqipo1_100.jpg

#18 JJames

JJames

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 12:32 PM

Here's the TS Drill:

Send me an email w/ your bands name in the subject line, and a link to your music in the body.
If I know you from some other band, or someone recommended you to us, mention that/who.
Also, describe your sound and stuff in a way that's easy for me to understand, example:
Good--
"We're a pop punk band w/ influences like The Clash, Weezer, and Yonder Mt. String Band (really). This is our first band and we're all MCC students 18 yrs old."
Bad--

Also, don't pop up out of the blue asking to play w/ a big name touring act out of nowhere--aint gunna happen and makes you look like a tool.

Come to shows, learn what we're about, say hello, hang out, ask if you can be of help, don't beg or act entitled.

Mostly, when we start working w/ a new (to us) band, we're going to ask you to open for some touring acts first.
But, if you know TS, we don't just go for easy to peg, 'radio friendly' stuff, we like really odd sounds, so there's a good chance you won't get asked to play shows right away--and honestly if you're just, like Jewel, or Nickelback, Disturbed, or like that, you probably won't get asked at all.
So, learn what the venue is about: coffee houses aren't going to book your metal band so why ask, we're not going to book your blues cover act so why ask, Lost Leaf isn't going to book your harshnoise act so why ask?

so your saying I shouldn't send that email saying "yo bro book my band we are hella tight and we like to shred hard. ps do hot chick go to your venue?"

#19 Jacki O.

Jacki O.

Princess of Darkness

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 12:33 PM

Here's the TS Drill:

Good--
Bad--

so your saying I shouldn't send that email saying "yo bro book my band we are hella tight and we like to shred hard. ps do hot chick go to your venue?"

yes they do

#20 JJames

JJames

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 12:36 PM

Here's the TS Drill:

Good--
Bad--

yes they do

hellz yeah bro, imma get hella laid

ps you can make anything douchey by saying bro and hella alot

#21 MikeyWretch

MikeyWretch

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzified
  • 5,998 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 12:37 PM

Dont be a dick.
Never think that you or your band is something people want. Unless they do like me and my bands!

YEAH!

#22 joe.distort

joe.distort

QUARTERBACK SCIENTIST

• Members
  • 10,799 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 12:44 PM

ps do hot chick go to your venue?"

#23 JRC

JRC

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 3,500 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 02:38 PM

Depends on what you think of as hot.
I vote yes!

65ad9f37c58e7dc65500d82c7596a5c282c67a95      tumblr_pyddfuoAB51u2kqipo1_100.jpg

#24 Rial

Rial

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 02:41 PM

everyone is hot during the summer months
[url="http://saidgun.bandcamp.com/"]SAID GUN[/url]

#25 Guest_viewfinder_*

Guest_viewfinder_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 September 2010 - 02:50 PM

ps do hot chick go to your venue? like very civilized way with common sence I'm very awesome at logic over emotions.

uh oh, JJames. you're busted.
Posted Image

#26 joe.distort

joe.distort

QUARTERBACK SCIENTIST

• Members
  • 10,799 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 03:02 PM

Depends on what you think of as hot.
I vote yes!

well i think there are hot dudes and ladies there most of the time...i just like that phrasing of singular 'chick'

#27 JJames

JJames

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 05:44 PM

ps do hot chick go to your venue? like very civilized way with common sence I'm very awesome at logic over emotions.

uh oh, JJames. you're busted.
Posted Image

im running for governor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users