BOOKS, check em out

#4 JRC

JRC

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,500 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 06:41 PM

this is odd, because there are a lot of really obvious ways to get hold of Ryan.
I can't even think the last time he was on the shizz.

65ad9f37c58e7dc65500d82c7596a5c282c67a95      tumblr_pyddfuoAB51u2kqipo1_100.jpg

#5 aaronburke

aaronburke

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzadmin
  • 7,100 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 08:20 PM

signup email is the same as mark beef, kid who's always posting
bullshit on other boards. troll

#6 Guest_Brad Singer_*

Guest_Brad Singer_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 September 2010 - 11:03 PM

Hey Aaron Burke...what's the matter did you not like what we offered you in trade? I'm sorry but that video game system was really dated and all you had were the paddles, not even the joysticks. We couldn't have given you anymore than we did. Plus nobody even wants to play Leisure Suit Larry anymore, not even me. And I'm sure if you could have unloaded those Mini Boss's CDs somewhere else you would have.

#7 aaronburke

aaronburke

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzadmin
  • 7,100 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 11:22 PM

omg hahaha

#8 JRC

JRC

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 3,500 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 08:36 AM

Hey Aaron Burke...what's the matter did you not like what we offered you in trade? I'm sorry but that video game system was really dated and all you had were the paddles, not even the joysticks. We couldn't have given you anymore than we did. Plus nobody even wants to play Leisure Suit Larry anymore, not even me. And I'm sure if you could have unloaded those Mini Boss's CDs somewhere else you would have.

Dude, Leisure Suit Larry is pure retro guilty pleasure, if you can't sell that you've got no customers.

Although, I suppose the dead founder of ZIAS probably has some pretty limited advertising options.

Wow, is this the first "ghost" shizz member?

Reminds me of the old "Ghost Squad" YA book series by EW Hildick, remember those? About the dead teens who talk to their living friend thru his Timex Sinclair? (If anyone can find a decent sized image to post please do, everything I turned up was a thumbnail)

All fun aside, it's pretty sh*tty posing as a dead person when you could've made up a total fake music biz guy just as easily.

Anyway, anyone else have a fav' young adult book series from their childhood?!

65ad9f37c58e7dc65500d82c7596a5c282c67a95      tumblr_pyddfuoAB51u2kqipo1_100.jpg

#9 Syeed

Syeed

Shizz Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 09:03 AM

Dude, Leisure Suit Larry is pure retro guilty pleasure, if you can't sell that you've got no customers.

Although, I suppose the dead founder of ZIAS probably has some pretty limited advertising options.

Reminds me of the old "Ghost Squad" YA book series by EW Hildick, remember those? About the dead teens who talk to their living friend thru his Timex Sinclair? (If anyone can find a decent sized image to post please do, everything I turned up was a thumbnail)

All fun aside, it's pretty sh*tty posing as a dead person when you could've made up a total fake music biz guy just as easily.

...this thread... started somewhere and went somewhere other.

The only books I read more than one of as a child was Animorphs. I'm not a reader. Sadly.

#10 MikeyWretch

MikeyWretch

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzified
  • 5,998 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 10:45 AM

Who is this MarkBeef kid?

#11 Katie

Katie

Shizz Level 8 White Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 11:09 AM

...this thread... started somewhere and went somewhere other.

The only books I read more than one of as a child was Animorphs. I'm not a reader. Sadly.

Animorphs were only good for the covers
We're the heart and soul of this heartless country

#12 weener

weener

Shizz Overlord

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,984 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 12:27 PM

Funny, I didn't read much YA when I was a kid, but now I read tons of it. One that sticks out is when I was 10 or 11, my mom brought me a book called The Farewell Kid from the library. The main character is a teenage girl who loses her virginity at some point. It gave me a lot to think about at that age. I was probably too young to be reading that, and my mom would be horrified if she knew, but I'm really glad I read it.

The best one is this one:

Posted Image

Doesn't every young lady fantasize about turning into an elephant?

#13 Guest_Brad Singer_*

Guest_Brad Singer_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 September 2010 - 01:10 PM

I'm not dead, faked it cause I hated nu metal so much, but now that that shit is going bye bye I have returned

and I think posting as the body part of an elephant is alot more racist and sexist than anything I have ever done in my life

#14 Katie

Katie

Shizz Level 8 White Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 01:33 PM

Funny, I didn't read much YA when I was a kid, but now I read tons of it. One that sticks out is when I was 10 or 11, my mom brought me a book called The Farewell Kid from the library. The main character is a teenage girl who loses her virginity at some point. It gave me a lot to think about at that age. I was probably too young to be reading that, and my mom would be horrified if she knew, but I'm really glad I read it.

Posted Image

They all end up that way! BA-ZING!
We're the heart and soul of this heartless country

#15 JRC

JRC

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 3,500 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 01:35 PM

Posted Image

I also dug the "Not Quite Human" books by Seth McEvoy.
I only read 1 or 2, but they played into my youthful--outsider--desire to be a robot.
Perhaps that was just a manifestation of latent schizophrenia, but there was something that just sounded really cool about being an emotionless droid thru middle school.

I never saw the TV movie they made of it. Did anyone here?
Casting looked pretty decent.

There was a similar series . . . about a teen alien girl, that had the same type of story/plot points, but I don't remember the name of it. The only thing I remember was a part where the alien girl decides to die her hair blond to impress her almost-boyfriend, but it comes out green (cuz she's an alien yo) thus making her a pariah & hero to the rest of the students.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users