22 replies to this topic

#16 donald

donald

Sleeveless

• Shizzadmin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,119 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 02:28 PM

I believe people are more easily tolerated if they have been on the board for more than a day before they start dishing out unwarranted insults to people. Then, after the person is called out, "the people are too thin skinned" defense as a way to compensate for their lack of any manners is used as justification for their actions. This is something I will not tolerate on this board.

There has been a ton of stuff that has been posted that is much more offensive than anything Brad Singer could come up with, but these come from people who have been on theshizz for awhile and have earned some type of credibility among their peers on the board and is understood that it can be taken for the most part with a grain of salt, this is also known as a pecking order. There are limits of course, and I have to take action on a semi-regular basis on a few particular people but that's mostly in the minibosses forum, not so much in the general forum.

I do not know markbeef personally, never met him at a show that I am aware of, but I have heard about him from multiple people as early as last year who have said basically the same things to me.
The following is what I have heard second hand, so this could all be false, so please correct me if any of this is untrue:
1. He is very intelligent who has been around the scene awhile.
2. He Has been kicked off multiple other boards for basically his inability to keep within other messageboard guidelines. I am aware that I am not the first or only person to deal with Markbeef in such a fashion.
3. He likes to talk about how sensitive others are, yet fails to own up to his own sensitivity.
4. He posts most often on another messageboard, and fortunately knows the people who maintain it well enough that they don't kick him off of that board.

If he truly wants on the board, he should ask for it himself and shouldn't need others to ask for it in his place.

Via Private Message, He said it would not adversely affect him if I banned him, so I do not see any issue with him not being able to post on the board. I thought he was acting in such a way as to get banned so that when he did he could go back to wherever and brag about it to his friends. Since he said he would have no issue with me banning him, I revoked his posting privileges.

Why am I writing this diatribe? I guess I have to justify why after someone comes onto a board being somewhat less than cordial, that I have to explain having his posting privileges removed. I get this much more on the minibosses board than in the general forum and generally have to deal with someone under the age of 20 who is far away from arizona. This is a little different because it's someone who is local. Generally the locals are better mannered because there is a bit less anonymity going on.

As I have said before, he is probably a great guy in real life, he just doesn't know how to handle himself on the internet. That's not uncommon, but that doesn't mean that I will tolerate it.

in summary: if he wants back, he can ask me, but if he did come back, he would be watched much more and I would tolerate his antics much much less.
People don't give a shit, unless it affects them personally, this affects me personally!

Posted Image

Message board?

This is The Shizz.

Chromelodeon manages to get all the furniture from their hotel into the lake a few years back...and people are worried about shizzies?

#17 jeremx

jeremx

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 03:23 PM

with mark, it's typically a "kicking the ant hill to watch the ants run around" kind of thing. just stirring up the shit for fun. he and i have had our run-ins but i never had to ban him from azpwithdrawal. one time he thought i banned him and that was funnier than even having done so (he later apologized for the assumed banning. i almost printed and framed that. lol). either way, it depends on what you want your forum to be. if someone "stirring up the shit" isn't something you want around, then banning is fine. like he said, it's not going to effect him either way.
Cheap domains, hosting, email, etc = Indieweb.co
Temporary forum for Azpunk.com message board folks = www.azpwithdrawal.com

#18 aaronburke

aaronburke

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzadmin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,100 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 03:34 PM

does anyone else think the word beef is just the craziest word

#19 mancopter

mancopter

OCEAN MAN

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,266 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 03:36 PM

Beta Ray Beef.

#20 mig50

mig50

Shizz Overlord

• Shizzified
  • 19,129 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 10:30 PM

why am i seeing all of this text and not beta max bill?

Posted Image
you mean you forgot cranberries too?

#21 distort

distort

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 12:53 AM

wow you wrote a lot of stuff

#22 hexaclopsclopsclops

hexaclopsclopsclops

Pimpin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 07:50 AM

why am i seeing all of this text and not beta max bill?

Posted Image

Hey, there's raptor Jesus again!

#23 donald

donald

Sleeveless

• Shizzadmin
  • 12,119 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 08:54 AM

wow you wrote a lot of stuff

I do that sometimes, especially after I have been on a caffeine hiatus and drink an espresso shot after seeing this thread :)
People don't give a shit, unless it affects them personally, this affects me personally!

Posted Image

Message board?

This is The Shizz.

Chromelodeon manages to get all the furniture from their hotel into the lake a few years back...and people are worried about shizzies?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users