23 replies to this topic

#1 Innk

Innk

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 08:50 AM

I don't know why I go to AZCentral's Message Board... its full of racist, ignorant people... makes me sad.
Exercise your demons when you dream...

#2 Tony

Tony

Tiger's Milk

• Shizzadmin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 08:55 AM

I don't know why I go to AZCentral's Message Board... its full of racist, ignorant people... makes me sad.

i'm sure there are people on the azcentral message board thinking "why do i go to the shizz? it's full of educated, progressive thinkers... makes me sad."

it balances out the universe.
Emperors of Japan
Myspace

My thesis is called the "Black-Emperor-Says Theory" and holds that any any Phoenix-area indie rock festival there is a 100 percent probability that Emperors of Japan, Black Carl, and/or What Laura Says will be on the bill.

- Martin Shizzmore

#3 hexaclopsclopsclops

hexaclopsclopsclops

Pimpin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 08:55 AM

I think it's funny.

......and sad.

#4 jeremx

jeremx

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 08:57 AM

not really the same thing but made me think of this:

Posted Image
Cheap domains, hosting, email, etc = Indieweb.co
Temporary forum for Azpunk.com message board folks = www.azpwithdrawal.com

#5 joe.distort

joe.distort

QUARTERBACK SCIENTIST

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,745 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 09:11 AM

not really the same thing but made me think of this:

Posted Image

hahahahaha, thats what i thought as well.

i never understand the comment threads on 'mainstream' sites. its a solid reminder that no matter how fed up i get with the infighting and crabbiness of punk/independent/niche interest sites, the general level of discourse is still well above the 'average' (whatever the fuck average is anymore)

theres a dude that pops up on the new times threads occasionally that only goes by 'usadefender1' who im pretttty sure is about 78, senile and is half awesomely onion-esque/ half braindead scariness that makes me want to burn down buildings

#6 Innk

Innk

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 11:38 AM

i'm sure there are people on the azcentral message board thinking "why do i go to the shizz? it's full of educated, progressive thinkers... makes me sad."

it balances out the universe.

Hahahahahaha!

#7 Jacki O.

Jacki O.

Princess of Darkness

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 12:04 PM

the shizz should invade the azcentral messageboard

#8 Innk

Innk

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 12:25 PM

the shizz should invade the azcentral messageboard

That would be awesome! I'm themedia there... people hate me.

#9 skeksis

skeksis

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 12:33 PM

where is the azcentral message board? or are you referring to story/blog comments?

I too enjoy inciting the worst-of-the-worst on that site.

Have learned that some of the most obnoxious posters are lefty trolls, fishing for thumbs up on their craziest racist comments.

#10 MrAwesome

MrAwesome

Shizz Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 12:12 AM

The entire internet is an awful place full of jerks.

#11 Innk

Innk

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 08:46 AM

That's true... and I guess is the most "honest" world outhere... people feel like they have the biggest balls behind their nicknames/usernames.

I was born in Mexico, and obviously I love my country. It just makes me sad to see what has turned into, the violence and drug cartels taking over (officially, since they have been controlling everything for a long ass time). But I refuse to believe that ALL Mexicans are what people think they are. We have strong values, just as any other person from other countries have. Yes, we have really bad people, but it is NOT the majority of the people in Mexico. If there is anything that hurts more than racist people putting Mexicans down, is reading articles or watching the news and reading/hearing a "Mexican" last name (hispanic or latin), because of those people we all suffer, we get judged by the actions of a few. I have never commited a crime in my life, I have never been arrested, I consider myself a good person... I have been called a "criminal" to my face at a MCC's Group Speaking class, and the teacher did nothing about it. I have been put in a CAGE, and taken to the Immigration "jail" (I'm not sure what is called) when I was only 16 for not having my papers. I have never been in this country illegally, I came to this country as a Resident, and a few years back I received my Citizenship. I'm proud of being part of this country, if you ask me, I would never go back and live in Mexico (only for a few days for the tacos), but not because I don't love Mexico, but because I have a family and all my friends in this country. I hate the way we are being portrayed in the media... and I know, there is always going to be ignorant people in this world, but I can't help to be affected by the way the people I know, that have values, that are honest, friendly people, are being associated with criminals just because of their nationality or the way they look.

#12 jeremx

jeremx

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 09:00 AM

people don't realize that it's essentially a crapshoot. you're either lucky that you're born a white person to a well-off family in america or you're born in sierra leone and get your hands chopped off as a child because you're smarter than the average farmer and thus a potential threat to the establishment. when you remove religion and people thinking they have some god or some soul that kept them from such a shitty fate, then it becomes even more obvious. <_<

#13 Tony

Tony

Tiger's Milk

• Shizzadmin
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 09:01 AM

That's true... and I guess is the most "honest" world outhere... people feel like they have the biggest balls behind their nicknames/usernames.

I was born in Mexico, and obviously I love my country. It just makes me sad to see what has turned into, the violence and drug cartels taking over (officially, since they have been controlling everything for a long ass time). But I refuse to believe that ALL Mexicans are what people think they are. We have strong values, just as any other person from other countries have. Yes, we have really bad people, but it is NOT the majority of the people in Mexico. If there is anything that hurts more than racist people putting Mexicans down, is reading articles or watching the news and reading/hearing a "Mexican" last name (hispanic or latin), because of those people we all suffer, we get judged by the actions of a few. I have never commited a crime in my life, I have never been arrested, I consider myself a good person... I have been called a "criminal" to my face at a MCC's Group Speaking class, and the teacher did nothing about it. I have been put in a CAGE, and taken to the Immigration "jail" (I'm not sure what is called) when I was only 16 for not having my papers. I have never been in this country illegally, I came to this country as a Resident, and a few years back I received my Citizenship. I'm proud of being part of this country, if you ask me, I would never go back and live in Mexico (only for a few days for the tacos), but not because I don't love Mexico, but because I have a family and all my friends in this country. I hate the way we are being portrayed in the media... and I know, there is always going to be ignorant people in this world, but I can't help to be affected by the way the people I know, that have values, that are honest, friendly people, are being associated with criminals just because of their nationality or the way they look.

woah, woah, woah. if we'd known you were a mexican we wouldn't have let you on our message board. what part of ILLEGAL don't you understand?

sorry - just trying to make this feel more like azcentral for you.
Emperors of Japan
Myspace

My thesis is called the "Black-Emperor-Says Theory" and holds that any any Phoenix-area indie rock festival there is a 100 percent probability that Emperors of Japan, Black Carl, and/or What Laura Says will be on the bill.

- Martin Shizzmore

#14 jeremx

jeremx

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 09:08 AM

sorry - just trying to make this feel more like azcentral for you.

..and if you don't like it, you can giiiiiiit out!

#15 thebiggameover

thebiggameover

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 4,867 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 09:10 AM

Posted Image

thebiggameover.png

my twitter