Photo

Anybody from San Antonio here?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Poll: Anybody from San Antonio here? (2 member(s) have cast votes)

Pick your fav(es) vendor food that is abundant in San Antonio but not Phoenix

1. Raspas/Snow cone (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Corn in a cup (corn, mayo, chili powder, lime juice, cheese, Parmesan cheese) (1 votes [25.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

3. Helotes (good ole' roasted corn) (0 votes [0.00%])

4. Awesome Helotes (mayo, chili powder, lime juice, cheese, Parmesan cheese on top) (0 votes [0.00%])

5. Frito Pie (Fritos, chili, cheese) (1 votes [25.00%] - View)

6. Taco/burrito shops on every corner (1 votes [25.00%] - View)

7. Pepino (cucumber soaked in lime juice w/ chili powder) (1 votes [25.00%] - View)

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 thundertortoise

thundertortoise

I <3 Lady Gaga

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 12:59 AM

I found a song by Andrew and His Feisty Felines (another Jemsek bros band) called "Is Anybody Goin' To San Antone?" and it made me wonder if there are any other shizz people who are from/were raised in San Antonio/South Texas?

Link to song: http://snailquail.tu...is-anybody-goin

Becuz. . if there were, that would be awesome. I need to find some fellow lovers of raspas in front of the Alamo and corn in a cup.

I put up a poll to see if anyone knew what I was talking about. . hopefully I didn't miss anything important.

#2 donald

donald

Sleeveless

• Shizzadmin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,119 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 06:06 AM

I don't anyone from san antonio, although it is possible there are some texas shizzies in the "minibosses" forum.

corn in a cup? Yikes!

:)
People don't give a shit, unless it affects them personally, this affects me personally!

Posted Image

Message board?

This is The Shizz.

Chromelodeon manages to get all the furniture from their hotel into the lake a few years back...and people are worried about shizzies?

#3 Tony

Tony

Tiger's Milk

• Shizzadmin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 06:33 AM

you're implying in the poll that phoenix doesn't have taco/burrito shops on every corner.

also, you left migas off the list.

i can't vote in an inaccurate poll. but i'm not from san antonio anyway, and the spurs can go eat a dick.
Emperors of Japan
Myspace

My thesis is called the "Black-Emperor-Says Theory" and holds that any any Phoenix-area indie rock festival there is a 100 percent probability that Emperors of Japan, Black Carl, and/or What Laura Says will be on the bill.

- Martin Shizzmore

#4 billy

billy

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,499 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 09:18 AM

hahahaha!

#5 thundertortoise

thundertortoise

I <3 Lady Gaga

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 07:15 PM

you're implying in the poll that phoenix doesn't have taco/burrito shops on every corner.

i can't vote in an inaccurate poll. but i'm not from san antonio anyway, and the spurs can go eat a dick.

migas aren't really "street vendor food". You usually have to go to a place and sit down to get them. If we started talking about restaurant food in San Antonio sh*t would've gotten crazy!

Also, there are a lot of burrito/taco shops here. . . but not really. Go to San Antonio and you'll see why it was the fattest city in America for a few years. .

#6 Tony

Tony

Tiger's Milk

• Shizzadmin
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 09:59 PM

migas aren't really "street vendor food". You usually have to go to a place and sit down to get them. If we started talking about restaurant food in San Antonio sh*t would've gotten crazy!

Also, there are a lot of burrito/taco shops here. . . but not really. Go to San Antonio and you'll see why it was the fattest city in America for a few years. .

my bad - i somehow missed that you qualified this as street vendor food, not just food. i was about to revoke your SA credentials for omitting migas. there aren't really any street vendors here, period. except for the trucks that show up at the farmers market. and that guy who sells hot dogs in front of the building that used to be guitar and keyboard city.
Emperors of Japan
Myspace

My thesis is called the "Black-Emperor-Says Theory" and holds that any any Phoenix-area indie rock festival there is a 100 percent probability that Emperors of Japan, Black Carl, and/or What Laura Says will be on the bill.

- Martin Shizzmore

#7 thundertortoise

thundertortoise

I <3 Lady Gaga

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 11:18 PM

my bad - i somehow missed that you qualified this as street vendor food, not just food. i was about to revoke your SA credentials for omitting migas. there aren't really any street vendors here, period. except for the trucks that show up at the farmers market. and that guy who sells hot dogs in front of the building that used to be guitar and keyboard city.

oh yeah up there on Bell? it sucks you know. sometimes it'd be nice to hear the little bells of the guy with the freezer on wheels to buy a paleta. good news is that Exxons around here carry paletas that are actually tasty. don't remember the brand, but most other brands suck big donkey balls. donkey BALLZ.

#8 donald

donald

Sleeveless

• Shizzadmin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,119 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 07:11 AM

donkey ballz indeed

there are definitely guys who push little freezers on wheels, but I think that's mostly in downtown phoenix and all I have ever gotten from them was a frozen orange. which are pretty yummy.
People don't give a shit, unless it affects them personally, this affects me personally!

Posted Image

Message board?

This is The Shizz.

Chromelodeon manages to get all the furniture from their hotel into the lake a few years back...and people are worried about shizzies?

#9 bunnyeyes

bunnyeyes

Shizz Knight

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 08:19 AM

Now wait a minute here. We have a corn man in our hood. He comes by every night blowing a horn. At this point my daughter goes nuts yelling it's the corn horn, it's the corn horn!!!!! So there is many a night I watch my daughter and husband sit on the stoop eating gross mayo, lime, cheesy corn on a stick. Ahhh the memories she will share with her kids.

#10 Quezo

Quezo

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 3,250 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 08:37 AM

Now wait a minute here. We have a corn man in our hood. He comes by every night blowing a horn. At this point my daughter goes nuts yelling it's the corn horn, it's the corn horn!!!!! So there is many a night I watch my daughter and husband sit on the stoop eating gross mayo, lime, cheesy corn on a stick. Ahhh the memories she will share with her kids.

RV will eat anything and he's passing it on to the next generation.

I've seen it with my own eyes.

well, except for the tamarind con chile paleta. The fire ants really didn't like that one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users