71 replies to this topic

#46 HNIC

HNIC

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 03:49 PM

I'm running over the first Hipster / Hobo I see while I'm in Downtown with my Scottsdale bike gang...

#47 Jacki O.

Jacki O.

Princess of Darkness

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 03:50 PM

I'm running over the first Hipster / Hobo I see while I'm in Downtown with my Scottsdale bike gang...

just like snottsdale people, not caring about the plight of the less financially fortunate....

are you guys putting your bikes in your SUVs and driving them downtown to run over people?

#48 HNIC

HNIC

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 03:54 PM

also where the fuck in "old town" is all this "cool" stuff you speak of? WHERE?
:P

Much like DTP you have to search for anything in this city, I doubt the only bar in PHX is the Bikini...and for me at this point in my life "cool" is semi different: I like having a few grocery stores nearby, a decent place to grab breakfast and not wait and hour and a half...oh and a dog park, until you get a dog park you really cant talk.

#49 HNIC

HNIC

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 03:59 PM

just like snottsdale people, not caring about the plight of the less financially fortunate....

are you guys putting your bikes in your SUVs and driving them downtown to run over people?

A ) Oh puhleeze you guys spend more money trying to look homeless than I do being "so fresh and so clean".

B ) We will utilize the Lightrail...it seems to be all the rage w/ you urban types as it goes to the only meccas of humanity in the Valley, Tempe (aka Casey Mores) and Down Town Phoenix (aka First Friday / Bikini)...right?

#50 mig50

mig50

Shizz Overlord

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,129 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 04:06 PM

i really hate both sides of this argument because they are both extremely narrow-minded and silly. lets just shut the fuck up about this and get back to talking about the good aspects of the greater phoenix metropolitan area.

EDIT: what i'm trying to say here is that maybe we should focus on the good things about particular areas (phoenix, scottsdale, tempe, whatever) instead of trying to shit on the others. i am confident that all cities / areas of the valley have cool things going on if one is willing to look for them. no need to start a pissing match about it.
you mean you forgot cranberries too?

#51 Jacki O.

Jacki O.

Princess of Darkness

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 04:26 PM

<_<

i'm just giving you shit duders. i work in snottsdale :ph34r:

money money money!

Spoiler

#52 Lt. Dizzle!

Lt. Dizzle!

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 04:34 PM

come to FL. not as hot as Phx, not as cold as PA, not as many republicans (there are a few) but most people really don't care

The weather in Florida sucks! Every year there is the total possibility that your state could get completely raped by hurricanes.

The Phoenix area is one of the few areas in the country that is almost completely free from risk of most natural disasters. Maybe I'm just paranoid, but that's something I look at in choosing a place (funny, considering I currently live in the heart of earthquake country)

the weather here is pretty wacky, lol. lots of rain in the summmer.

and raub.... :( :( it's not THAT bad down here lol. but i am tired of this place, i wanna see some snow!!!!! i'm tired of FLs 2 seasons, HOT AS FUCK, and then its chilly for 2 weeks, then back to HOT
Posted Image

#53 Katie

Katie

Shizz Level 8 White Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 05:49 PM

If I had to live in FL I would live in St Augustine, sooo beautiful there. Used to go there every March for HOH fest
We're the heart and soul of this heartless country

#54 Lt. Dizzle!

Lt. Dizzle!

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 05:53 PM

st. augustine is quite beautiful. i haven't been there in years!
Posted Image

#55 Katie

Katie

Shizz Level 8 White Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 06:02 PM

I'm pissed Harvest of Hope was cancelled it's bullshit! Now I can only go to the Fest in Gainesville :(
We're the heart and soul of this heartless country

#56 Lt. Dizzle!

Lt. Dizzle!

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 06:57 PM

i've actually never been to gainesville.

i dont know anyone there and its a 2 hour drive, so why bother.
Posted Image

#57 DaisyBomb

DaisyBomb

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 07:50 PM

Um, I think everyone should just move to Flagstaff B)
No longer a mis(s)anthrope.

#58 Syeed

Syeed

Shizz Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 08:34 PM

...you know, I've been in Phoenix for ten years and I have yet to go to Scottsdale. I feel suddenly even less inclined to break that (win?) streak.

i honestly doubt that. thats like those people that pretend they dont know when the superbowl is :D

maybe not north scottsdale, but whatevz. i think all the outlying suburns are actually equally bad, scottsdale just somehow has a reputation. anywhere people with a lot of money congregate tends to suck. scottsdale, chandler, surprise, avondale etc etc

yes they all have good parts too, but they all kind of suck

Let me rephrase this. I've been in Scottsdale long enough to go to the Fashion Center and promptly leave because I wouldn't spend $300.00 on a shirt. That's it.

#59 donald

donald

Sleeveless

• Shizzadmin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,119 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 09:51 AM

there is a lot of java stuff here Raub

As Jeremx Said, Godaddy is here, I work at bwi which is mostly java, some big companies that aren't IT necessarily but definitely have IT positions that I can think of that you might to want to look into are the following:

Insight Interprises
Circle K is headquartered here with a huge data center
Fender (yes fender guitars has a datacenter and IT dept here, I have toured their IT area, and it's like heaven on earth, seriously)
American Express
Intel
I actually know a guy who works for a lawfirm and was wanting someone with PHP experience, this was a year ago, but he might know some leads.

Also I know a good headhunter down here who can do most of the leg work for ya as well :)
People don't give a shit, unless it affects them personally, this affects me personally!

Posted Image

Message board?

This is The Shizz.

Chromelodeon manages to get all the furniture from their hotel into the lake a few years back...and people are worried about shizzies?

#60 dharma_bum

dharma_bum

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,372 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 02:12 PM

here it is in a nutshell. if yer young and have no chains attached to ya, come on out and take a chance. what do you have to lose?? yer hometown ain't goin nowhere and u can always move back. everything else is subjective and hearsay. experience it for yourself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users