#1 DoctorShumway

DoctorShumway

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,040 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 12:45 PM

"The White Stripes would like to announce that today, February 2nd, 2011,
their band has officially ended and will make no further new recordings or perform live.

The reason is not due to artistic differences or lack of wanting to continue, nor any
health issues as both Meg and Jack are feeling fine and in good health.

It is for a myriad of reasons, but mostly to preserve What is beautiful and special about
the band and have it stay that way.

Meg and Jack want to thank every one of their fans and admirers for the incredible
support they have given throughout the 13 plus years of the White Stripes’ intense and
incredible career.

Third Man Records will continue to put out unreleased live and studio recordings from
The White Stripes in their Vault Subscription record club, as well as through regular
channels.

Both Meg and Jack hope this decision isn’t met with sorrow by their fans but that it is
seen as a positive move done out of respect for the art and music that the band has
created. It is also done with the utmost respect to those fans who’ve shared in those
creations, with their feelings considered greatly.

With that in mind the band have this to say:

“The White Stripes do not belong to Meg and Jack anymore. The White Stripes belong
to you now and you can do with it whatever you want. The beauty of art and music is
that it can last forever if people want it to. Thank you for sharing this experience. Your
involvement will never be lost on us and we are truly grateful.”

Sincerely,
Meg and Jack White
The White Stripes

Not tremendously surprising, but still kind of sucks. White Blood Cells and Elephant (and even a good part of Get Behind Me Satan) are great albums and I thought their last one would meant they would get back to what made those other two albums awesome.
Take your time old man/These vultures are happy to wait

#2 joe.distort

joe.distort

QUARTERBACK SCIENTIST

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,729 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 12:48 PM

i honestly thought they stopped a few years ago, like right after their last record. i guess i gor confused with jack starting his side projects and shit

#3 jeremx

jeremx

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 12:58 PM

i honestly thought they stopped a few years ago, like right after their last record. i guess i gor confused with jack starting his side projects and shit

yeah.. same here. why bother when they're involved with so much else.
Cheap domains, hosting, email, etc = Indieweb.co
Temporary forum for Azpunk.com message board folks = www.azpwithdrawal.com

#4 DoctorShumway

DoctorShumway

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 5,040 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 12:59 PM

Yeah. I mean you could say they pretty much did end then and only decided to make it official today.
Take your time old man/These vultures are happy to wait

#5 Katie

Katie

Shizz Level 8 White Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 01:19 PM

I know some people who are devastated, I'm not
We're the heart and soul of this heartless country

#6 fatguyaz

fatguyaz

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 02:23 PM

that drummer probably has to devote her time to something where she doesn't have to coordinate two limbs at the same time.

See, that's drummer humor: drummers use three or four limbs at once, but, see, she sucks so bad, that she can't use more than two limbs at a time. I hope she doesn't play drums in another band. I couldn't take it.
I still don't have a signature.

#7 JRC

JRC

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 3,500 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 03:13 PM

With that in mind the band have this to say:

“The White Stripes do not belong to Meg and Jack anymore. The White Stripes belong
to you now and you can do with it whatever you want. The beauty of art and music is
that it can last forever if people want it to. Thank you for sharing this experience. Your
involvement will never be lost on us and we are truly grateful.”

Sincerely,
Meg and Jack White
The White Stripes

I'm not sure this is legally binding, but I think this means anyone of us could form a band and call ourselves the official White Stipes? I mean, anyone could now . . .

65ad9f37c58e7dc65500d82c7596a5c282c67a95      tumblr_pyddfuoAB51u2kqipo1_100.jpg

#8 jeremx

jeremx

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 03:22 PM

I'm not sure this is legally binding, but I think this means anyone of us could form a band and call ourselves the official White Stipes? I mean, anyone could now . . .

ya know.. i thought the exact same thing when i read that. ha ha
Cheap domains, hosting, email, etc = Indieweb.co
Temporary forum for Azpunk.com message board folks = www.azpwithdrawal.com

#9 HNIC

HNIC

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 04:27 PM

Coachella 2020 please welcome...The White Stripes.

#10 negicore

negicore

Shizz Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 04:46 PM

Hey guys I just wanted to pop on here and let you know my new black metal power pop band, White Stripes, are playing shows soon!
the next time the star shoots across the sky, I'm gonna grab it, and smash it, under my feet...http://djjohnnyvolume.tumblr.com/

#11 KCMO

KCMO

Shizz Senior Member

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 06:27 PM

that drummer probably has to devote her time to something where she doesn't have to coordinate two limbs at the same time.

hahaha! really all she ever needed was the kickdrum. Worst drummer ever! Ever!

See, that's drummer humor: drummers use three or four limbs at once, but, see, she sucks so bad, that she can't use more than two limbs at a time. I hope she doesn't play drums in another band. I couldn't take it.

Missouri's number one import? Whiskey. Missouri's number one export? Sadness...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users