22 replies to this topic

#1 Jacki O.

Jacki O.

Princess of Darkness

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 12:00 PM

so saturday, february 5th i "performed" in the idiotarod, our shizz team was called "tent city" and consisted of us wearing black and white striped tent city prison uniforms that we made with spray paint. i spray painted the stripes on my shirt like 20 minutes before the race started. so it was still a little fresh.

i was also wearing a pink sparkly bra that i had purchased at goodwill.

i ran the race and everything was fun and fine. i dont remember when i started to notice it but sometime after the race i noticed a "bug bite" on my mid back which i itched and didn't think about again. then this weekend on february 12, i woke up with a huge, swollen, painful and itchy rash all along my mid-spine and onto my chest under my right breast.

i showed it to my mother on saturday night who freaked out and told me it was shingles. i told her i thought it was a rash from my thrift store bra and spray paint fumes. But on monday i went to the doctor after it got worse and more painful. they said it looks like shingles but are suspicious that it's just an allergic reaction after i told them about the bra and spray paint. they took some blood samples and i'm still waiting to hear back. the swelling of the rash has gone down but it now has scabs all over it and is very very itchy and painful.

do you think it's an allergic reaction/karma for wearing a thrift store bra or shingles?

#2 Ninjaneer

Ninjaneer

Rauble Rauble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 12:04 PM

Have you had the chickenpox?
I saved latin. What did you ever do?

#3 Jacki O.

Jacki O.

Princess of Darkness

• Shizzified
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 12:09 PM

i had chicken pox when i was a baby i think

#4 differently biotic

differently biotic

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 12:12 PM

was it raised big fat blotches of extremely itchy skin? Did you try taking any antihistamine? Did you try and creams or lotions that have histimine blockers? Or even soaked in a hot tub w/ baking soda?

#5 Ninjaneer

Ninjaneer

Rauble Rauble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 12:14 PM

Depending on how mild a case you had, it sounds like it's shingles (they're both caused by the same virus). Especially given the pattern of the rash. The virus stays inactive on the skin after you've had chickenpox. But they're finding that with those who had a mild case (or in adults who haven't had exposure to it at all), it can become active again and hence the shingles. Plus if you washed the bra first, I doubt you would have had any skin irritations. Sorry.
I saved latin. What did you ever do?

#6 Quezo

Quezo

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 3,250 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 12:26 PM

Vin Fiz

*Hope it gets better homie.

#7 Jacki O.

Jacki O.

Princess of Darkness

• Shizzified
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 12:28 PM

my mother said i had a mild case of chicken pox as a baby from exposure, not from the vaccine.

i have been taking benadryl in pill form and rubbing benadryl cream on my back as well as calamine lotion. i also put hydrocortisone on it as well. and have been taking ibprofen for the pain.

it was raised blotches of extremely itchy skin that have now turned into lots of small pimple-like spots that have scabbed over.

if it is shingles, that's the end of it right? when it scabs over?

i think i washed the bra. at least i hope i did. and if i didn't, i've worn clothing from thrift stores unwashed before and had no bad reactions.

#8 differently biotic

differently biotic

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 12:36 PM

look like this?-->
Spoiler

or like this?-->
Spoiler

#9 bunnyeyes

bunnyeyes

Shizz Knight

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 12:38 PM

If it was that painful it sounds like shingles. That's one of those things anyone can get at anytime. I've had chicken pox twice, once when I was 5 and then when I was 17. Doc said that can happen as pox and shingles are all the same virus with different strains. Talk to your doc again and see if it was shingles, if so see if he recommends getting the vaccine for it because you might get flare ups in the future if your immune system gets bogged down.

#10 Tony

Tony

Tiger's Milk

• Shizzadmin
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 12:41 PM

i have never masturbated this aggressively to a thread before.

+5000, ladies.
Emperors of Japan
Myspace

My thesis is called the "Black-Emperor-Says Theory" and holds that any any Phoenix-area indie rock festival there is a 100 percent probability that Emperors of Japan, Black Carl, and/or What Laura Says will be on the bill.

- Martin Shizzmore

#11 Jacki O.

Jacki O.

Princess of Darkness

• Shizzified
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 12:44 PM

or like this?-->

Spoiler

more like the that, but not as many. they are bigger and more spread out and scabbed over. i can't really see the back ones that well but i do see lots of dark red scabs

haha tony!

#12 differently biotic

differently biotic

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 12:51 PM

that's shingles.

Calamine lotion might help w/ the discomfort. Hopefully there is some pharm that can fix it for you.

#13 Jacki O.

Jacki O.

Princess of Darkness

• Shizzified
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 01:00 PM

yeah i am leaning towards shingles as well. i dont get rashes that often but it doesn't look like any kind of rash i've had before.

at first i was all no its a rash but the way it's progressed it looks like shingles more and more. i think if the doctor saw it now she would say it was shingles but when she saw it on monday it was all puffy and swollen and she said since there were no blisters she was unsure. but 2 days later it looks like there were some blisters because it has scabbed into little dots.

#14 differently biotic

differently biotic

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 01:37 PM

the way you first described it, totally made me think of hives or an allergic reaction from your sweat mixing w/ whatever chemicals were on the clothing you had on.

#15 billy

billy

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,499 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 01:37 PM

thread of the year? i'm thinking so.

hope you feel better jacki o!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users