i like to share my body problems with the internetz

#17 John MFer

John MFer

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,992 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 03:56 PM

I had the shingles about 3 years ago and it looked like the 2nd one too. It was all down the left side of my body. I went to the doctor and she scolded me for not going to see a doc sooner. You're supposed to go right at the onset, otherwise you can feel the effects for up to a year, long after the rash is gone. I didn't know what the hell I had so I waited several days. It felt like I was being whipped repeatedly by a belt studded with hot thumbtacks. Luckily with some antibiotics and some oxycodone it was gone in a couple weeks.

19388508_1549826031742117_52104236622698

#18 Jacki O.

Jacki O.

Princess of Darkness

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 04:02 PM

I had the shingles about 3 years ago and it looked like the 2nd one too. It was all down the left side of my body. I went to the doctor and she scolded me for not going to see a doc sooner. You're supposed to go right at the onset, otherwise you can feel the effects for up to a year, long after the rash is gone. I didn't know what the hell I had so I waited several days. It felt like I was being whipped repeatedly by a belt studded with hot thumbtacks. Luckily with some antibiotics and some oxycodone it was gone in a couple weeks.

that what my mom said too. a few years ago she got stung by a jelly fish real bad and thought it was an allergic reaction to the sting so she went to the doctor but the doctor was like "oh no that's shingles" apparently the sting woke up the shingles virus in her body and it went crazy. the doc told her she was lucky she went in so early and got on meds for the shingles.

but my doctor told me it was too early to tell. granted it was a doc-in-the-box urgent care PAC and not my primary care doctor. i dunno.... it hurts bad but nothing too bad that some ibprofen can't handle. i dont think i need oxycodone or anything. so either its a bad allergic reaction or its a mild case of shingles.

i'm so confused about all this. do i just wait it out till i get the lab results back? will it get worse? it seems like they are scabbing up.

#19 John MFer

John MFer

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzified
  • 6,992 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 04:19 PM

the doc told her she was lucky she went in so early and got on meds for the shingles.

but my doctor told me it was too early to tell. granted it was a doc-in-the-box urgent care PAC and not my primary care doctor. i dunno.... it hurts bad but nothing too bad that some ibprofen can't handle. i dont think i need oxycodone or anything. so either its a bad allergic reaction or its a mild case of shingles.

i'm so confused about all this. do i just wait it out till i get the lab results back? will it get worse? it seems like they are scabbing up.

IIRC the risk of the year long thumbtack-belt whip increases with age so it's better to get treated earlier for someone like your mom. If your doc couldn't tell, that's a tough one. My doc knew just by what I was describing on the phone. Also, At first it didn't hurt too bad but after a few days is when it got really bad. I want to say the 4th or 5th day from when I first started to notice it. I don't remember them scabbing over though. But then, I was also on oxycodone at the time.

19388508_1549826031742117_52104236622698

#20 larah

larah

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 10:16 PM

It was the bra from Goodwill. You don't know what kind of boobs were in that bra before yours.

On the other hand, shingles aren't a mess around thing, lady. You should go see your GP (if you haven't already) and get on an antibiotic sooner rather than later. You could have that shit for a long, long time.

#21 DaisyBomb

DaisyBomb

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 10:40 PM

It seems odd that the rash happened all around the area you wore that bra, though.
No longer a mis(s)anthrope.

#22 fatguyaz

fatguyaz

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 03:13 PM

shingles runs along nerve paths.

That must be your thrift store bra/titty nerve.
I still don't have a signature.

#23 billy

billy

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,499 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 01:28 AM

singles or just some hash?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users