Photo

Therapy?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Poll: Therapy?!!! (14 member(s) have cast votes)

When someone finds out the person they are attracted to (that they don't know) is going to therapy... is that a turn on or a turn off?

1. It's a turn on! (3 votes [21.43%])

Percentage of vote: 21.43%

2. It's a turn off! (3 votes [21.43%])

Percentage of vote: 21.43%

3. Vin-Fiz (8 votes [57.14%])

Percentage of vote: 57.14%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Innk

Innk

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 04:35 PM

Alright, to explain the question think of this scenario:

You are at the grocery store, and you see a girl/guy and she/he is good looking (to you). Then you approach the girl/guy and during the conversation (which went completely normal -nothing weird or bad), he/she says "I'm going to therapy right now."

In this scenario (and what you should consider when voting)the character does not explain why, or gives any reasons.

It will really help if you could state your reasoning.

Thank you!!!
Exercise your demons when you dream...

#2 mancopter

mancopter

OCEAN MAN

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,266 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 04:51 PM

As someone who has attended therapy off an on his whole life, I find it attractive to know that someone is making a conscientious effort to fix something they don't like about themselves, or something that is hindering themselves in some way.

However, there is also a lot of room for over-dramatization here, and if going to therapy is some sort of plea for pampering or special attention, then that person is going for all the wrong reasons.

All that being said, I voted "attractive."

EDIT 1: I first thought this had something to do with the band.

EDIT 2: Well done, including Vin-Fiz.

#3 Tender Lad

Tender Lad

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 04:52 PM

I'm in therapy and it is always the way I start a conversation.

#4 Innk

Innk

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 05:10 PM

As someone who has attended therapy off an on his whole life, I find it attractive to know that someone is making a conscientious effort to fix something they don't like about themselves, or something that is hindering themselves in some way.

However, there is also a lot of room for over-dramatization here, and if going to therapy is some sort of plea for pampering or special attention, then that person is going for all the wrong reasons.

All that being said, I voted "attractive."

EDIT 2: Well done, including Vin-Fiz.

I completely agree with you (to some extent). I, too, have attended therapy. You mentioned:
1) "I find it attractive to know that someone is making a conscientious effort to fix something..."
2) "if going to therapy is some sort of plea for pampering or special attention, then that person is going for all the wrong reasons."

But since we don't know, we don't know the reason, is it still "attractive"? Would you make those assumptions-based on what? (I'm not attacking you, just trying to understand the reasoning).

(And thank you... I didn't want to get lynched on here by forgetting Vin-Fiz) :D

#5 mancopter

mancopter

OCEAN MAN

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,266 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 05:14 PM

When I said "All that being said, I voted 'attractive.'" I meant that I give the benefit of the doubt.

#6 aaronburke

aaronburke

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzadmin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,100 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 05:16 PM

this is the first thing i thought...it's not really a good icebreaker.
how about saving that for later? someone who mentions therapy randomly
(not relevant to the conversation at hand) when meeting someone for the
first time = needs to tell their therapist that at the next session

#7 Innk

Innk

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 05:56 PM

this is the first thing i thought...it's not really a good icebreaker.
how about saving that for later?  someone who mentions therapy randomly
(not relevant to the conversation at hand) when meeting someone for the
first time = needs to tell their therapist that at the next session

LOL

#8 DoctorShumway

DoctorShumway

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 5,040 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 05:41 AM

My first thought too. I flashed back to my freshman year of high school, listening to "Nurse" and getting grilled about what the fuck I was listening to.

That was cathartic.
Take your time old man/These vultures are happy to wait

#9 hexaclopsclopsclops

hexaclopsclopsclops

Pimpin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 09:37 AM

Mental illness is a huge turn off. It doesn't fare well for a long term relationship. However, all the crazy girls I've known have been firecrackers in the sack!

#10 fatguyaz

fatguyaz

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 09:54 AM

Mental illness is a huge turn off. It doesn't fare well for a long term relationship. However, all the crazy girls I've known have been firecrackers in the sack!

second this shit. Crazy girls go for it. Then they pee in your bed after getting all coked up. Just sayin.
I still don't have a signature.

#11 billy

billy

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,499 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 10:40 AM

Posted Image

#12 joe.distort

joe.distort

QUARTERBACK SCIENTIST

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,722 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 12:34 PM

some people just dont know how to start conversations, or talk to people they dont know that well

my wife was super into me before we met, and one of the first things she tried to talk to me about was all of her extremely difficult health problems. while i was able to get over that initial urge to just run the other way, it has been VERY difficult. ive had to take care of her A LOT. i dont regret it, because i love her more than anything else in the world, but her telling me up front was really a terrible move. it was also very honest though in that 'two weeks after we have our first date, im going to be waking you up at 5 am on superbowl sunday to take me to the hospital because my white blood count is insanely low and i am not doing ok' way.

#13 differently biotic

differently biotic

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 12:44 PM

The honesty of something like that is so refreshing to me.

#14 Katie

Katie

Shizz Level 8 White Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 01:00 PM

If you met her at a store, thats an extension of conversation, did she mean "I'm going right this second" Or "I'm going for now" either way I don't see it as a bad thing

To relate to this I met a girl at a party this weekend who within 15 minutes of meeting some Bro had anal with him behind a storage shed. 2 hours later she was rolling around in the gross with her skirt above her waist saying over and over again "I promised my therapist I wouldn't drink tonight!"

I would consider that unattractive. But I'm totally gonna party with that hot messssssss
We're the heart and soul of this heartless country

#15 joe.distort

joe.distort

QUARTERBACK SCIENTIST

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,722 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 02:12 PM

To relate to this I met a girl at a party this weekend who within 15 minutes of meeting some Bro had anal with him behind a storage shed

this fascinates me,not in a sexual way because even though i am a pervert, anal is blech

im just curious what kinda person is like 'hmm, this dude at the party seems cool. he brought me a beer. i should PROBABLY just let this stranger fuck me in the butthole'

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users