12 replies to this topic

#1 Jacki O.

Jacki O.

Princess of Darkness

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 10:48 AM

yesterday morning around 1:15am an old college friend of mine, Dan Pollack, was hit by a pickup truck just north of the intersection at Hayden and Thomas road and was killed. The driver fled the scene and has not been located as of yet.

Dan was an awesome guy. Very full of life and always there with a smile, always ready to have fun. i've known him since college. He was very good to his friends and family and he will be dearly missed. He was only 31.

the police are looking for the vehicle involved described as a silver pickup truck, possibly a Chevy Silverado.
if you see anything please contact the scottsdale police. thanks
Tip Lines: 480-312-5000 or 480-WITNESS

stay safe out there shizzies :(

#2 jeremx

jeremx

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 11:48 AM

that sucks. a lot. i've reposted it a few places. hopefully they catch whoever did this. :(
Cheap domains, hosting, email, etc = Indieweb.co
Temporary forum for Azpunk.com message board folks = www.azpwithdrawal.com

#3 azwestdevil72

azwestdevil72

Pimpin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 01:48 PM

I am sorry to hear this happened to your friend, Jacki, and I also hope they catch the person(s) responsible. It's one thing to have an accident, another thing entirely to just take off like that. That is a horrible thing to do to someone, and no one deserves that! :angry:

#4 joe.distort

joe.distort

QUARTERBACK SCIENTIST

• Members
  • 10,729 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 01:51 PM

so sad.

#5 Jacki O.

Jacki O.

Princess of Darkness

• Shizzified
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 03:28 PM

thanks guys. it's so sad. i still can't believe it.

he was a great person and does not deserve to have the people responsible for his death just run away from it. he was a good friend to my best friend's husband and we've all known him for years. such a great guy. was about to get married too. i cant believe anyone would run away from such an awful accident and not render assistance. Cowards.

keep an eye out for a silver pickup truck, possibly a CHEVY SILVERADO, with some body damage on it.

one minute you're here, the next gone.
please please please be careful out on the road, whether on foot or in your car.

#6 jeremx

jeremx

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 03:53 PM

thanks guys. it's so sad. i still can't believe it.

he was a great person and does not deserve to have the people responsible for his death just run away from it.

i'd wager that this person was likely intoxicated and didn't want to face life in prison for vehicular manslaughter. in that person's mind, it was worth it to run. <_< just one more reason why i don't touch any alcohol if i'm going to be driving that day/night anymore. sure, o'douls tastes like crap and no one is as funny or entertaining at a bar when you're sober, but it's just not worth it because of stuff like this. or to a much less extent, a dui. i'll admit it took me awhile to learn this.. but i'm glad i did before something like this happened.

#7 JJames

JJames

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 05:41 PM

I heard about this. this sucks

#8 jeremx

jeremx

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 09:41 AM

http://www.azcentral...d-Polllack.html it seems like he was really involved in a lot of good causes. shitty that he's gone. :(

#9 Jacki O.

Jacki O.

Princess of Darkness

• Shizzified
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 10:54 AM

that's really nice. thanks for posting. im just gonna ramble about this situation. it makes me feel better.

i knew he was born into a lot of money but in my interactions with him he was always very humble and treated everyone equally. and he was always generous, even to his friends. he would buy us all drinks and take his close friends out on vacations. he threw great parties. he remembered everyone's name and was always very personable. i remember that he was always interested in how PoolBoy was doing whenever we talked. he was very sweet with his fiance. he never bragged or tried to show off or put others down. he was memorable. a larger than life character who made you feel important whenever you talked with him. he wasn't perfect but no one is.

he lived a good life and enjoyed it and was generous and kind. that's the way to do it. and that's how i'll remember him. i had no idea how generous he was with his money in terms of his donations to charities. that's wonderful.

my best friend and her husband went out to dinner with him the night he was killed. they decided to go home instead of going out with him. she's a wreck about the whole thing.

im still shocked. it's surreal. i found out by watching the news sunday afternoon, they were like "up next a tragic hit and run this morning" and i remember i said to jdlc "ugh, hit and runs are so sad." and then they showed his picture and then said his name and i was just shocked. Shocked.

they have to find the driver. there has to be a security video from a nearby business that shows something or an eyewitness??? someone will fuck up and that truck will be found or they'll do the right thing and turn themselves in. you can't hide from that, especially if it was an accident. The driver must feel awful.

there's the pain and shock of losing someone you know, a contemporary, as it makes you think about your own life and how you want to live and be remembered. and then there's the anger at the way he died. he doesn't deserve this. No one does.

#10 Jacki O.

Jacki O.

Princess of Darkness

• Shizzified
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 11:13 AM

FYI today his family will be announcing a reward for anyone with info leading to the person(s) who killed him. keep an eye out.

Pollack Family Offers Reward in Hit-and-Run Case

Updated: Tuesday, 13 Sep 2011, 10:13 AM MST
Published : Tuesday, 13 Sep 2011, 9:24 AM MST

SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. - A prominent businessman in the valley is going public, partnering with Silent Witness and offering a reward for information in the hit and run death of his son.

Daniel Pollack was the son of Michael Pollack, a well-known valley shopping center owner and philanthropist.

The reward will be given if the information leads to the arrest or indictment of the person or persons responsible for the crash on Hayden Road, just north of Thomas on September 11.

The suspect's vehicle is described as a silver Chevrolet pickup truck.

After the crash, the driver didn't stop and continued through the intersection at Thomas where it was last seen continuing southbound.

"We're hoping that the public's help will give us some additional information in this case," said Scottsdale Police Spokesperson Dave Pubins. "We're hoping that there's a possibility that there's an additional witness that maybe didn't come forward a couple of mornings ago..maybe they can see this and decide that they want to share their information and give us a call, or maybe there's something else that took place...maybe it's the suspect who wishes to contact us and let us know what's taken place."

When asked if Pollack was crossing the street and why he was hit in that particular area, Pubins replied, "It's difficult to say..we don't want to speculate on that, however the information we have is that he was hit by the suspect in the middle of the roadway. It is possible that he was crossing from one side of the road to get to the other."

The investigation is ongoing.

TIP LINES: 480-312-5000 or 480-WITNESS

The amount of the reward will be released Tuesday afternoon.

The family asks that in lieu of flowers, donations are being accepted for a foundation in Daniel's honor. Checks may be made payable to the Daniel Pollack Memorial Foundation.

Daniel Pollack Memorial Foundation
℅ Pollack Real Estate Investments
1136 W. Baseline Rd.
Mesa, AZ 85210
www.pollackinvestments.com

----

EDIT:
his family is offering a 50K reward for information leading the arrest of the suspected driver that killed him.

#11 fatguyaz

fatguyaz

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 11:20 AM

that's really nice. thanks for posting. im just gonna ramble about this situation. it makes me feel better.

i knew he was born into a lot of money but in my interactions with him he was always very humble and treated everyone equally. and he was always generous, even to his friends. he would buy us all drinks and take his close friends out on vacations. he threw great parties. he remembered everyone's name and was always very personable. i remember that he was always interested in how PoolBoy was doing whenever we talked. he was very sweet with his fiance. he never bragged or tried to show off or put others down. he was memorable. a larger than life character who made you feel important whenever you talked with him. he wasn't perfect but no one is.

he lived a good life and enjoyed it and was generous and kind. that's the way to do it. and that's how i'll remember him. i had no idea how generous he was with his money in terms of his donations to charities. that's wonderful.

my best friend and her husband went out to dinner with him the night he was killed. they decided to go home instead of going out with him. she's a wreck about the whole thing.

im still shocked. it's surreal. i found out by watching the news sunday afternoon, they were like "up next a tragic hit and run this morning" and i remember i said to jdlc "ugh, hit and runs are so sad." and then they showed his picture and then said his name and i was just shocked. Shocked.

they have to find the driver. there has to be a security video from a nearby business that shows something or an eyewitness??? someone will fuck up and that truck will be found or they'll do the right thing and turn themselves in. you can't hide from that, especially if it was an accident. The driver must feel awful.

there's the pain and shock of losing someone you know, a contemporary, as it makes you think about your own life and how you want to live and be remembered. and then there's the anger at the way he died. he doesn't deserve this. No one does.

http://www.azcentral...tors_picks=true
I still don't have a signature.

#12 Jacki O.

Jacki O.

Princess of Darkness

• Shizzified
  • 10,739 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 11:15 AM

thanks for posting! it still sux but im glad they were able to find the person responsible.

:wub:

#13 fatguyaz

fatguyaz

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 11:28 AM

thanks for posting! it still sux but im glad they were able to find the person responsible.

:wub:

true dat. Sorry to hear, lady.
I still don't have a signature.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users