2 replies to this topic

#1 JRC

JRC

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,500 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 12:31 PM

I think this is something we can all celebrate.

While I don't wish death on any but the most odious, I'll confidently say that this man (I won't call him an artist) did so much damage to the progress of dialogue in art, that I am not sorry to see him go.
His schtick would've been funny is so many people didn't lap it up and engorge him.

Sadly fools will continue to buy his dreck for decades to come and it'll increase in value, while my friends who slave away for real ideals and expressions worth making keep living hand to mouth.
Take his weapons my friends, but fight a just war.

Can't help but think there's some sort of relation to this story about God Talking Back To People.
"They learn to experience some of their thoughts as not being thoughts from them, but thoughts from God that they hear inside their mind," she says. "They're also invited to pretend that God is present. I take that verb from C.S. Lewis — he has a chapter of Mere Christianity entitled 'Let's Pretend.' ... "

65ad9f37c58e7dc65500d82c7596a5c282c67a95      tumblr_pyddfuoAB51u2kqipo1_100.jpg

#2 weener

weener

Shizz Overlord

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,451 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:22 PM

This calls for a memorial rewatching of Thomas Kinkade's Christmas Cottage. I have it at home if anyone wants to borrow it.

#3 weener

weener

Shizz Overlord

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,451 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:41 AM

This comment from that AV Club article really nails it:

Oh man, I'm usually not one to HOPE for an autopsy to turn up "autoerotic asphyxiation", but, well...Kinkade's (real, actual) quote saying that "God is my art agent," kinda forces me to.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users