• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 11:52 AM

RESUME
George W. Bush
The White House, USA

EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:

LAW ENFORCEMENT:
I was arrested in Kennebunkport, Maine, in 1976 for driving under the influence of alcohol. I pled guilty, paid a fine, and had my driver's license suspended for 30 days. My Texas driving record has been "lost"; and is not available.

MILITARY:
I joined the Texas Air National Guard and went AWOL. I refused to take a drug test or answer any questions about my drug use. By joining the Texas Air National Guard, I was able to avoid combat duty in Vietnam.

COLLEGE:

I graduated from Yale University with a low C average.
I was a cheerleader.
PAST WORK EXPERIENCE:

I ran for US Congress and lost.
I began my career in the oil business in Midland, Texas, in 1975. I bought an oil company, but couldn't find any oil in Texas. The company went bankrupt shortly after I sold all my stock.
I bought the Texas Rangers baseball team in a sweetheart deal that took land using taxpayer money.
With the help of my father and our right-wing friends in the oil industry (including Enron CEO Ken Lay), I was elected governor of Texas.
ACCOMPLISHMENTS AS GOVERNOR:

I changed Texas pollution laws to favor power and oil companies, making Texas the most polluted state in the Union. During my tenure, Houston replaced Los Angeles as the most smog-ridden city in America.
I cut taxes and bankrupted the Texas treasury to the tune of billions in borrowed money.
I set the record for the most executions by any governor in American history.
With the help of my brother, the governor of Florida, and my father's appointments to the Supreme Court, I became President after losing by over 500,000 votes.
ACCOMPLISHMENTS AS PRESIDENT:

I invaded and occupied two countries at a continuing cost of over one billion dollars per week.
I spent the US surplus and effectively bankrupted the US Treasury.
I shattered the record for the largest annual deficit in US history.
I set an economic record for most private bankruptcies filed in any 12-month period.
I set the all-time record for the biggest drop in the history of the US stock market.
I am the first President in US history to enter office with a criminal record.
I set the all-time record for most days on vacation in any one-year period.
After taking off the entire month of August, I presided over the worst security failure in US history.
I am supporting development of a nuclear "Tactical Bunker Buster" WMD.
In my State of the Union Address, I lied about our reasons for attacking Iraq, then blamed the lies on our British friends.
I set the record for most campaign fund-raising trips by a US President.
In my first year in office, over 2 million Americans lost their jobs and that trend continues every month.
I set the all-time record for most foreclosures in a 12-month period.
I appointed more convicted criminals to my administration than any President in US history.
I set the record for fewest number of press conferences of any President since the advent of television.
I presided over the biggest energy crisis in US history and refused to intervene when corruption involving the oil industry was revealed.
I presided over the highest gasoline prices in US history.
I have cut health care benefits for war veterans and support a cut in duty benefits for active duty troops and their families -- in war time.
I have set the all-time record for most people worldwide to; simultaneously protest me in public venues (15 million people), shattering the record for protest against any person in the history of mankind.
I've broken more international treaties than any President in US history.
I'm proud that the members of my cabinet are the richest of any administration in US history. My "poorest millionaire" Condoleeza Rice, has a Chevron oil tanker named after her.
I am the first President in US history to order an unprovoked, preemptive attack and the military occupation of a sovereign nation. I did so against the will of the United Nations, the majority of US citizens, and the world community.
I created the Ministry of Homeland Security, the largest bureaucracy in the history of the United States government.
I am the first President in US history to have the United Nations remove the US from the Human Rights Commission.
I withdrew the US from the World Court of Law.
I refused to allow inspectors access to US "prisoners of war" detainees and thereby have refused to abide by the Geneva Convention.
I am the first President in history to refuse United Nations election inspectors (during the 2002 US election).
I am the all-time US and world record-holder for receiving the most corporate campaign donations.
My largest lifetime campaign contributor, and one of my best friends, Kenneth Lay, presided over the largest corporate bankruptcy fraud in US history.
My political party used Enron private jets and corporate attorneys to assure my success with the US Supreme Court during my election decision.
I have protected my friends at Enron and Halliburton against investigation or prosecution. More time and money was spent investigating the Monica Lewinsky affair than has been spent investigating one of the biggest corporate rip-offs in history.
I garnered the most sympathy for the US after the World Trade Center attacks and less than a year later made the US the most hated country in the world, the largest failure of diplomacy in world history.
I am the first President in history to have a majority of Europeans (71%) view my presidency as the biggest threat to world peace and security.
I changed the US policy to allow convicted criminals to be awarded government contracts.
I have so far failed to fulfill my pledge to bring Osama Bin Laden and Saddam Hussein to justice.
RECORDS AND REFERENCES:

All records of my tenure as governor of Texas are now in my father's library, sealed and unavailable for public view.
All records of SEC investigations into my insider trading and my bankrupt companies are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public view.
All records or minutes from meetings that I, or my Vice-president, attended regarding public energy policy are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public review.
Please consider my experience when voting in 2004.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Watch LIVE baseball games on your computer with MLB.TV, included with MSN Premium!

#2 mothrock

mothrock

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 4,469 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 11:57 AM

read it a while ago
you're a signature.

#3 john

john

Shizz Junior Member

• Shizzified
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 01:59 PM

i am not a bush supporter, but where did you get this info? i wonder if all of it is true

#4 rudolpho of pensacola

rudolpho of pensacola

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 02:04 PM

i dont know not quite sure where it came from
i got it from my wife who got it from someone else that whole hand me down bit
but any propaganda against bush is good i think
putting the notion in peoples heads of just how fucked he is

#5 mikemfer

mikemfer

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 02:35 PM

My guess is the underlying facts are true, but the interpretation is based on assumptions and questionable correlations. For example, it claims he had the most executions by a governor. Well, it's not like he called the jail and told them to put people to death. The
system was in place and the motions were in action years before he took office for those people to be executed. So all you can take from that is Texas is killing a lot of people lately for being criminals. I don't support him either, but when an author so blatantly
words their propaganda it makes me wonder if they're not part of the same old bullshit. This would be more effective if it just stated the facts without added bias and interpretation. The facts are strong enough to stand on their own.

#6 rudolpho of pensacola

rudolpho of pensacola

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 03:11 PM

well since the death penalty was reinstated by the supreme court george w does hold the record for most executions
he is ultimately responsible for executions to go through he has the power to stop them
one of the only reasons i am opposed to the death penalty is because the judicial system is flawed to many innocent people
go to jail or die for something they did not do
but anyway its all fucking dribble
i did not find to much on the resume that was not far from the truth or sensationalized
but thats just my thoughttttttttttttttttttttttttt

#7 mikemfer

mikemfer

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 03:19 PM

I was just using the death penalty thing as an example. But take this statement:

"I'm proud that the members of my cabinet are the richest of any administration in US history. My "poorest millionaire" Condoleeza Rice, has a Chevron oil tanker named after her. "

That sounds pretty sensationalized to me. Anyway, the way it's worded and the implied tone make me wary of trusting it. The writer obviously has an emotional attachment to the message.

#8 rudolpho of pensacola

rudolpho of pensacola

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 03:24 PM

your absolutely right
it is being used in a context of sarcasm and sensationalism
but its still true that the bush administration holds the wealthiest of politicians
its just being worded in a way to criticize that fact

#9 leahlee

leahlee

Shizz Junior Member

• Shizzified
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 05:51 PM

i dont think having "an emotional attachment" to stuff like this is such a bad thing. i think one of the reasons this country has turned so conservative in the past 20 or so years is because of a general lack of emotion. everyone just seems so apathetic. look at the 1930s or the 1960s-70s. those were very liberal periods in this country because people were emotional and passionate in their opposition to fascist bullshit.

#10 Guest_trigger_system_*

Guest_trigger_system_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 April 2004 - 06:03 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i dont think having "an emotional attachment" to stuff like this is such a bad thing.

i agree, just as long as people are willing to admit their emotional attachment and not try to present biased information as pure fact. one thing that i really liked when i read howard zinn's war on terrorism (which is a book that i would recommend, even if you don't agree with everything he says) was that in the very beginning he admits that he is not giving an unbiased opinion because when writing a book or telling a story from your point of view it is nearly impossible to be completely unbiased.

#11 Guest_THomasMeadow_*

Guest_THomasMeadow_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 April 2004 - 07:28 PM

not to start beef with any of you, but I dont agree with a lot of what bush does, but I always surported the war...

#12 Guest_Aces&8's_*

Guest_Aces&8's_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 April 2004 - 07:37 PM

Just wanted to add that it is almost impossible not to add bias in anything you write. But it is possible to be as factual as possible. My vote's going to Kerry, but, it's important to see facts instead of seeing reasons to support your particular ideology. Judge facts on your own and form your own opinion.
By the way, the Condoleeza Rice thing WAS true. As soon as she found out that she was going to be part of a president's cabinet, she refused the "honor" of having an oil tanker named after her...she was after all on the board of directors for Chevron. However, she was also on the board for the San Francisco Symphony.
Take that as you will.

#13 Guest_nietslaf_*

Guest_nietslaf_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 April 2004 - 07:54 PM

i dont know not quite sure where it came from
i got it from my wife who got it from someone else that whole hand me down bit
but any propaganda against bush is good i think
putting the notion in peoples heads of just how fucked he is

it's typically a good idea to spread around 'propaganda' that cannot verify. nice work dude.

i dont think having "an emotional attachment" to stuff like this is such a bad thing.  i think one of the reasons this country has turned so conservative in the past 20 or so years is because of a general lack of emotion.  everyone just seems so apathetic.  look at the 1930s or the 1960s-70s.  those were very liberal periods in this country because people were emotional and passionate in their opposition to fascist bullshit.

i'd argue the contrary and say that liberalism breeds apathy. this shit goes in cycles. neither conservatism nor liberalism is good, thats why society fluctuates between the two. in a few decades (at most) [most] people are going to get fed up with conservatism and you'll see a big swing back towards liberalism. a few decades after that happens people will realize that it sucks and doesn't work either so back to the right the pendulum will swing. there are too many conflicts of interest for anything to ever 'work'. the key is just being able to keep everyside in check so that when things start to get out of hand either way it can be swung back without a coup.

#14 rudolpho of pensacola

rudolpho of pensacola

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 09:33 PM

sarcasism is often hard to detect in text but im pretty sure your being sarcastic
i understand what your saying or how me not knowing the source might sound
but understand that i really dont care who wrote it or how they are feeling or why they wrote it
the only thing that meant something to me about that resume is that every single statement made in it be it sensationlized or not is a fact
and thats it i dont care whether or not the author manipulated words to feed their agenda, their proganda they want to spew
the only thing i cared about was every single thing on that resume is true
those are things bush actually has done thats it a fact is a fact is a factoiasjg'oladjfgp
dofjgpds i dont care if someone is left or right i personally dont care for republicans or democrats
i did not blindly post that resume sensationlized or not these are facts about bush

#15 rudolpho of pensacola

rudolpho of pensacola

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 10:04 PM

p.s.
i know everything on the resume is true because i read it from people and star magazine
and from mtv and entertainment tonight
hows that for sarcasmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm i elect to shut the fuck up now
i was bored at work when i posted the resume thingy thing thing
i really dont care for these types of debates
they just dont excite me like they use to i could be wrong you could be right whatever
as long as we are all thinking about these things making our brains rotate i guessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
i guess ill just stick to shamelessly promoting and whoring my rock n roll band on the shizz and stay away from politics check you later dudeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users