26 replies to this topic

#16 Big_Poppa

Big_Poppa

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 13 June 2003 - 04:07 PM

This day is dragging for a Friday...Especially with some of the mixed numbers coming back on interest rates and consumer confidence......(I need a beer too, you hosers!)

Mediterranian is tasty (anyone traveling to Portland this summer ask me about Nikolas downtown....) I'll have to check out this place you are talking about...Mrs BigPoppa(BigMomma?) likes Pita Jungle so BigPoppa ends up there a lot.

What about Thai food? Siamese Cat (NW Price/Baseline) is so good. The newletter could feature diff bands or players or whoever going out and doing movie/restaurant reviews...

#17 lkelly

lkelly

Shizz Senior Member

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 13 June 2003 - 04:13 PM

the alley has anchor steam??????

my day just got a whole lot better.

#18 AnotherMattWood

AnotherMattWood

Shizz Junior Member

• Shizzified
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 13 June 2003 - 04:18 PM

Mike, I agree - local businesses. Does that include excluding stip clubs that are really part of a chain? A little naked birdie told me that.

#19 mikemfer

mikemfer

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 13 June 2003 - 04:18 PM

Typically when I go they run out of Anchor Steam by the end of the night. They don't stock many of them, or maybe... ahem... I just tend to drink more than a couple. So if you're ordering order early and often.

#20 mikemfer

mikemfer

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 13 June 2003 - 04:24 PM

Donald Martinez,

The man, the myth, the plagarist...

http://www.wranglernews.com/zakees.htm

Thanks for pointing it out Erin!

#21 glitterbot

glitterbot

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 13 June 2003 - 04:36 PM

The man, the myth, the plagarist...

ok, donald, that was truly hilarious. i was wondering when i read that "review" when you got so very very gay. hahahhaaa

oh, and mike, re: the siamese cat. it is really good? i have laughed over that name so many times. to actually NAME your restaurant CAT!!!!!!
"Now get out. You're banned from this historical society. You and your children, and your children's children... for three months. "

Posted Image

#22 donald

donald

Sleeveless

• Shizzadmin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,119 posts

Posted 13 June 2003 - 05:06 PM

HAHAHAHAHA

I knew someone would figure it out.

So Erin ratted me out huh?
People don't give a shit, unless it affects them personally, this affects me personally!

Posted Image

Message board?

This is The Shizz.

Chromelodeon manages to get all the furniture from their hotel into the lake a few years back...and people are worried about shizzies?

#23 mikemfer

mikemfer

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 13 June 2003 - 05:19 PM

Busted

#24 mothrock

mothrock

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 4,469 posts

Posted 13 June 2003 - 05:27 PM

the ultimate party place is the oasis. there is all sorts of mediteraenenanena dancing and shit.

it rocks.

pita jungle is for wack hipsters on crack. and soccer dads.
you're a signature.

#25 Big_Poppa

Big_Poppa

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 16 June 2003 - 09:23 AM

Hahahaha! Jesse, I knew it was only a matter of time...Maybe I'll change my member name?

Kristin, the Siamese Cat is really good. The Tom Yum soup, Pad Thai, Beef Curry, Garlic Chicken and cabbage (#103), they have this squid appetizer that is really good too. Tasty stuff...And you can wash it all down with Sing Ha beer...Very good, technically it is malt liquor so it will jack you up!

#26 mikemfer

mikemfer

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 23 June 2003 - 05:08 PM

Matt and I went to Zakee's today. A regular customer came in and asked why he had gotten rid of most of his tables. I'll paraphrase his response: "I have no signage on the road. I have no storefront. I cannot make enough to cover my expenses. This has been going on for four years. I am closing."

Bummer. He was obviously burnt out and upset.

In the meantime, he says he might be there another year or so. I think he can't get out of his lease until they lease his space to someone else, so he's staying open to try to cover his rent. He's losing less money by staying open then he would paying on an empty space.

He was saying how he uses all organic food, and he pays extra to do so, and he will not use meat injected with hormones, etc. I also noticed there are several vegetarian offerings on the menu for you vegan types.

So next time you are about to piss away your cash at Mickey D's remember there is an honest, hard working guy at Ray and Rural who makes good food who would be stoked if you came in for a meal.

#27 AnotherMattWood

AnotherMattWood

Shizz Junior Member

• Shizzified
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 24 June 2003 - 07:16 AM

Let me add to this story -

This man IS Sean Connery. I always feel like I'm watching Dr. No for the first time when I order scwarma (chicken or lamb). Not only that, when we were leaving a bunch of gaggle-mouthed customers came in and shouted "hi Sean!" to which he replied -

"Hello".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users