? -

#2 Coward Crutch

Coward Crutch

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,223 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 08:18 AM

"Dems shockingly suggest that GOPers are backing Nader so he'll draw votes from John Kerry."
that would be my guess as well....

shitty is now.

#3 glitterbot

glitterbot

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 08:23 AM

not so shocking when you think about it.... has worked before!
"Now get out. You're banned from this historical society. You and your children, and your children's children... for three months. "

Posted Image

#4 Hooray For Everything

Hooray For Everything

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,961 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 08:35 AM

um, why wouldn't they just back Bush?
the Republicans didn't "f" it up for us last time, we did. The division in our own party, however we have a right to follow what we think is right, but sometimes one has to look at the big picture, and as far as the 'message' that Nader voters wanted to send, I ask them, now, was it really worth it?
"HFE...sometimes you seem serious when you are joking and jokey when your serious. You make me laugh and sob all at once. Bless you, and bless the great asshole in the sky that shit you out onto earth. Thank you...thaaaaaaank you. " - bb

"Real love amounts to withholding the truth, even when you're offered the perfect opportunity to hurt someone's feelings." - DS

"one persons harassment, is just another person trying to get there shit back, ever think-a that?"

"THIS JUST IN: SHANE KENNEDY LIKES NOTHING.

SHOCKER." - Mig50

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." ~Dr. Seuss

#5 mikemfer

mikemfer

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 08:42 AM

I started to post that too. But then it occurred to me. The republicans WILL back Bush. But they know that many Democrats and/or independents will choose between Kerry and Nader. So by backing Nader financially, they hope to turn some of the "anybody but Bush" crowd on to Nader instead of Kerry. Hypothetically, if Nader and Kerry each got 33% of the vote, 66% of us would be saying we wanted someone other than Bush elected president. But Bush could still win with that remaining 34% of the vote.

It's a pretty smart strategy. The Democrats ought to hype Nader to disenfranchised Republicans too. I'm sure there are staunch Republicans who are absolutely embarassed by our current leadership.

#6 rudolpho of pensacola

rudolpho of pensacola

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 08:47 AM

i voted for nader last time
was it worth i?
no, probably not
i think i made a mistake, not like it really mattered anyways-
first reason being is that i truly do believe that the election was stolen
second reason being is that although so called "democrats" are the lesser of two
evils, this political system has to cycle, we are never going to have some great awakening
of the perfect gov. and perfect president....there will always be a bad president and then an even worse president....

apathetic or not, i'm just not sure what matters anymore
or what it's worth
it's totally fucked
i care and i don't all at the same time
everything that's going on around the world, the media blitz that all of us swallow every fucking day
we are all insane from it......i know i am

#7 aaronburke

aaronburke

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzadmin
  • 7,100 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 08:47 AM

the Republicans didn't "f" it up for us last time, we did. The division in our own party, however we have a right to follow what we think is right, but sometimes one has to look at the big picture, and as far as the 'message' that Nader voters wanted to send, I ask them, now, was it really worth it?

um, i voted for nader and
i didn't have any other 'message'
to send other than i wanted nader
to be president. blaming bush in office
on nader voters is incorrect.

#8 mikemfer

mikemfer

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 08:57 AM

I understand that conceptually, if all of the anti-Bush crowd voted for the same candidate, we could get someone else in office. But telling me I am taking a vote from Kerry by voting for Nader is telling me that you not only endorse but support the concept of a two-party system.

Maybe the way to look at it is like this:

"The division in our own party, however we have a right to follow what we think is right, but sometimes one has to look at the big picture, and as far as the 'message' that GORE voters wanted to send (in 2000), I ask them, now, was it really worth it? "

It's a fact that if all those Gore voters had just voted for Nader, Nader would be president right now. Fucking democrats, they just have to make a statement and run a candidate each election cycle. They're taking votes away from the Greens!

#9 weener

weener

Shizz Overlord

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,476 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 09:16 AM

I was not old enough to vote then. Now I am. I accidentally registered, too, when I got my license plate tags.

FUCK. I'm not sure who to vote for.

#10 mothrock

mothrock

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 4,469 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 09:29 AM

i voted for nader last time
was it worth i?
no, probably not
i think i made a mistake, not like it really mattered anyways-
first reason being is that i truly do believe that the election was stolen
second reason being is that although so called "democrats" are the lesser of two
evils, this political system has to cycle, we are never going to have some great awakening
of the perfect gov. and perfect president....there will always be a bad president and then an even worse president....

apathetic or not, i'm just not sure what matters anymore
or what it's worth
it's totally fucked
i care and i don't all at the same time
everything that's going on around the world, the media blitz that all of us swallow every fucking day
we are all insane from it......i know i am

jesus,

finally something that you said that didn't make me want to go "derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr"

I didn't vote last election becuase work was hectic and I couldn't leave, but I was registered green at the time so I would have voted for nader. I thought gore would win anyway, so I didn't really worry about it at the time. I just wanted nader to get his 5% or whatever it was that he needed.
you're a signature.

#11 donald

donald

Sleeveless

• Shizzadmin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,119 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 09:42 AM

I was not old enough to vote then. Now I am. I accidentally registered, too, when I got my license plate tags.

FUCK. I'm not sure who to vote for.

just do a little research on each candidate and try to
make in informed decision as opposed to listening to what
we all have to say. :)

Vote for the person you think is the best candidate, you
are not taking away from anyone but yourself if you don't
do so otherwise.

If you think Nader is the best candidate for the job, then
vote for him. If you think Bush is the best, then vote for
Bush, and likewise if you think Kerry is the best candidate
then vote for Kerry.

People are so into, I am a republican so I have to vote republican
and that is wrong. I know republicans who are so aggravated with
bush, but won't vote for Kerry because he is a democrat, so they
just are not going to vote.
People don't give a shit, unless it affects them personally, this affects me personally!

Posted Image

Message board?

This is The Shizz.

Chromelodeon manages to get all the furniture from their hotel into the lake a few years back...and people are worried about shizzies?

#12 rudolpho of pensacola

rudolpho of pensacola

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 09:44 AM

DONT VOTE FOR BUSH

#13 Hooray For Everything

Hooray For Everything

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,961 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 09:47 AM

the system is what it is, voting for a third party candidate isn't going to change the system itself, it's just going to get a Republican elected, it's naive to think otherwise. If one wants to change the system, then one needs to work toward that goal. This is the system, these are the rules, period. Fair enough? So, get registered, vote (they have these things called absentee ballets, too), get Kerry elected, and let's cross our fingers.
"HFE...sometimes you seem serious when you are joking and jokey when your serious. You make me laugh and sob all at once. Bless you, and bless the great asshole in the sky that shit you out onto earth. Thank you...thaaaaaaank you. " - bb

"Real love amounts to withholding the truth, even when you're offered the perfect opportunity to hurt someone's feelings." - DS

"one persons harassment, is just another person trying to get there shit back, ever think-a that?"

"THIS JUST IN: SHANE KENNEDY LIKES NOTHING.

SHOCKER." - Mig50

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." ~Dr. Seuss

#14 mikemfer

mikemfer

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 10:03 AM

voting for a third party candidate isn't going to change the system itself, it's just going to get a Republican elected, it's naive to think otherwise

How else will the system ever change? If we give our support to a 'lesser of two evils' we inherently support the system we claim to despise. Calling someone "naive" for voting for a third party candidate is an admission that you have given up and are willing to take whatever you can get.

The question is not whether we want to have a little lube when we take it up the ass from them. The question is whether we want to take it up the ass in the first place.

#15 aaronburke

aaronburke

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzadmin
  • 7,100 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 10:32 AM

the system is what it is, voting for a third party candidate isn't going to change the system itself, it's just going to get a Republican elected, it's naive to think otherwise.  If one wants to change the system, then one needs to work toward that goal.  This is the system, these are the rules, period.  Fair enough?  So, get registered, vote (they have these things called absentee ballets, too), get Kerry elected, and let's cross our fingers.

this is not correct at all.

i don't think nader has a chance
of winning the upcoming election
and i'm still going to vote for him.
why? because i think he'd made or make
a better president than the other candidates.
that's the only reason you should be basing
your vote on, not shit about 'stealing' votes
away or any of that other crap.

the more people that vote for nader,
and other independent candidates,
the sooner we will see an independent
president, or a female president, or a
non-white president. no one seems to
be outraged about that shit yet.

kerry will be a better president than
bush, but not by much. do you really
think your life is going to change if kerry