how nervous could i be?

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#16 Guest_johnMFer_*

Guest_johnMFer_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 March 2003 - 11:41 AM

Well, looking at it from where I work, it looks nice enough, but after all the stories I've read on here I'm glad my office isn't in that building. I'm suprised the Health Department hasn't shut that place down. Maybe I've gotten old, but that sounds just sick.

The most disgusting dorm story I have is when someone puked at the entrance to the showers. The bathrooms were public and were used by about 70 people per bathroom. This was on a Friday night, and the Janitor only worked Monday-Friday, so there was puke everywhere for the whole weekend. We had to walk all the way across the whole dorm to the other bathroom to shower, and of course there was a wait since there were now 140 people using the same set of six showers. No holes in the walls, no pee in the hallways and stairwells, but still pretty bad if you ask me.

#17 capt_hfc

capt_hfc

I <3 Lady Gaga

• Shizzified
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 14 March 2003 - 11:53 AM

i love sluttz0rs!!!

#18 capharnaum

capharnaum

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 14 March 2003 - 02:07 PM

i miss you capt!
i never see you around
what's up wit dat
fred.a.rico...

#19 Guest_electric_*

Guest_electric_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 March 2003 - 07:15 PM

Here's a manzy story for ya: I was there for Spring Semester, my roommate transferred during the summer, so when I came back for the fall I had a new roommate.  One of those really shy, away from home for the first time kind of people.  Plus I'm 6'5" and he was a little guy.  You know, Marty's type.  Anyway, about an hour after I got there my friend Evan came by and told me they were going to party in his room, the cave on 13.  So I went down there and got really drunk.  Did some beer bongs.  I hadn't been drinking much all summer, just living with my parents and working.  I way exceeded my limit, I had no tolerance.

I don't really remember stumbling back to my room, but I vaguely remember waking up in the middle of the night needing to piss.  I wasn't used to the room, and I needed to piss REALLY badly.  I was feeling around on the wall where the door would be at my parents' house.  Of course that just happened to be above my new roommate's bed.  I guess I finally found a plastic grocery bag and just started pissing in there!  Quick bat-thinking.  My roommate turned on the light and told me to go to the bathroom.  So I dropped the bag on the floor and did.  He said he left the light on so I could clean up but when I came back in the room I just fell back into bed and went to sleep.

After that my roommate was scared of me.  He turned out to be a real dick anyway.  But that's how he told the story.  I guess back then I was one of those drunks you were talking about...  anyway, the hole in the wall thins is news to me, sounds pretty awful.   All right, I'll stop talking about Manzanita now.

that is such an awesome story. thanks for telling me! i have pretty bad stories myself. but not as detailed as yours. because well, i usually don't go out. anyhoo.

#20 Guest_electric_*

Guest_electric_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 March 2003 - 07:21 PM

Well, looking at it from where I work, it looks nice enough, but after all the stories I've read on here I'm glad my office isn't in that building. I'm suprised the Health Department hasn't shut that place down. Maybe I've gotten old, but that sounds just sick.

The most disgusting dorm story I have is when someone puked at the entrance to the showers. The bathrooms were public and were used by about 70 people per bathroom. This was on a Friday night, and the Janitor only worked Monday-Friday, so there was puke everywhere for the whole weekend. We had to walk all the way across the whole dorm to the other bathroom to shower, and of course there was a wait since there were now 140 people using the same set of six showers. No holes in the walls, no pee in the hallways and stairwells, but still pretty bad if you ask me.

i have a story regarding puke. my roommate got very bad food poisioning from manzy food at the cafeteria. so, for four days, all she did was puke and have diarrhea, both at the same time. so, there were very nasty stains and whatnot all over our blue bathroom rug and in the tub and everywhere, basically. and she said she was going to clean it up, but she never did.

#21 Guest_electric_*

Guest_electric_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 March 2003 - 07:22 PM

i love sluttz0rs!!!

and sluttz0rs love you, i'm sure!

#22 mikemfer

mikemfer

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 15 March 2003 - 05:40 AM

So Stephanie, do you plan on getting out of there?  I take it if you're living there you must have just moved here last Fall.  And I'm betting you won't be staying there.  You could always joing a sorority and go live in PV main.  Like owe mah gawd!

#23 Guest_electric_*

Guest_electric_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 March 2003 - 07:39 AM

So Stephanie, do you plan on getting out of there?  I take it if you're living there you must have just moved here last Fall.  And I'm betting you won't be staying there.  You could always joing a sorority and go live in PV main.  Like owe mah gawd!

i cannot wait until i move out. i've been wanting to move out the dorms for the longest time. but since my dad helped me pay for the dorms, i'm stuck in the worst dorm ever. over the summer, since i'm relocating and working, i won't be able to look for an apartment. but, in the fall, i'll definitely have my own place. with my own ikea furniture. and whatnot. hopefully, i'll be able to have some partays there. but most likely, it will just be a dark little place with a glowing computer moniter.

#24 KCMO

KCMO

Shizz Senior Member

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 15 March 2003 - 11:41 AM

Mike, I watched you pass out in the back of a bar a couple of weeks ago. You're still that drunk she was talking about.   Oh snap!
Missouri's number one import? Whiskey. Missouri's number one export? Sadness...

#25 Mary

Mary

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,934 posts

Posted 15 March 2003 - 07:32 PM

They just opened some new buildings at the Arizona State (mental) Hospital where my husband works, I said works. Two of the new units are called Palo Verde North and Palo Verde East. I thought that sounded appropriate. I had a nightmare once that I needed a place to live so bad I joined a sorority. Apparently that happened in real life to an ASU actress I worked with.

Before McClintock was an honors dorm it was junior and senior women and I lived there one year. It was quite nice and so it was difficult to get into; I was willing to move in with a stranger but I think I picked the wrong one. I'm sure she could have been much worse, though.
Love like you don't need the money, dance like you've never been hurt, and work like nobody's watching.

#26 Guest_electric_*

Guest_electric_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 March 2003 - 10:00 PM

They just opened some new buildings at the Arizona State (mental) Hospital where my husband works, I said works. Two of the new units are called Palo Verde North and Palo Verde East. I thought that sounded appropriate. I had a nightmare once that I needed a place to live so bad I joined a sorority. Apparently that happened in real life to an ASU actress I worked with.

Before McClintock was an honors dorm it was junior and senior women and I lived there one year. It was quite nice and so it was difficult to get into; I was willing to move in with a stranger but I think I picked the wrong one. I'm sure she could have been much worse, though.

you lived in mcclintock hall? it's now an art community dorm. it's crazy how dorm experiences carry on with you the rest of your life. haha. i will probably never forget my roommate.

#27 mikemfer

mikemfer

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 16 March 2003 - 08:36 AM

Hey Scott, that was way back when i was still in my 20s.  But it explains why I don't remember the close of that particular evening.  Maybe you should be more entertaining!

#28 mikemfer

mikemfer

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 16 March 2003 - 08:45 AM

it's crazy how dorm experiences carry on with you the rest of your life. haha. i will probably never forget my roommate.

Hey Stephanie, not sure how it will go for you, but I still keep in touch with several of the people I met in the dorm.  Over time the bad memories fade but the good ones stick around.  Living there helped me with the process of getting to know myself and understand how people are.  So hopefully 9 years after you leave there you will be looking back and laughing like me.

#29 Guest_electric_*

Guest_electric_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 March 2003 - 09:48 AM

Hey Stephanie, not sure how it will go for you, but I still keep in touch with several of the people I met in the dorm.  Over time the bad memories fade but the good ones stick around.  Living there helped me with the process of getting to know myself and understand how people are.  So hopefully 9 years after you leave there you will be looking back and laughing like me.

i doubt i'll keep in contact with anyone from the dorms, mainly because they never talk to me. nor am i really friends with them. but i know that i've learned a lot about myself while living here. and it has also taught me that i never want to live with another person in a very confined room.

#30 mikemfer

mikemfer

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 16 March 2003 - 05:09 PM

Here's a question for everyone:

So what if you share a dorm room with someone and you wake up and they're having sex (thinking you are asleep and don't know)?  Do you:

a.) ask them if they're having fun and then stare at them
b.) act like you're asleep and say nothing
c.) neither of the above (fill in your own answer)

I had the pleasure of experiencing this.  They were just four or five feet from me, you could hear the sex noises, they were talking dirty to each other and stuff.  Lots more than I cared to be let in on, since I hated that roommate and thought the girl he was with was pretty nasty.  I didn't say anything because she would have been mortified, but I told my roommate later that if they did it with me in the room again I would.

Oh, let's just get the obvious answer (ask if you can join them) out of the way before 8 of you tell the same joke.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users