#31 donald

donald

Sleeveless

• Shizzadmin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,119 posts

Posted 25 November 2004 - 11:06 AM

are you anti thanksgiving Leah?

If so that's fine, create a new thread about it, but don't take over this thread of people talking about what they are thankful for by
posting about Turkey advocacy and how the colonials poisoned tons of indians.

It doesn't mix well.

-----------------------------------

I am thankful for all the new people I have met through the shizz, Sherv, Colin, Steph, Mig, Beth, Matsu, Raub, and so many others.
I am thankful for my job my family, my friends, my new house and the ability to travel.
I have come along way from where I was as a teenager and have far surpassed my realistic goals in life. ( I had low expectations, what can I say :) )
So I am consistently aware of this and thankful not just today but all the time of these things.
People don't give a shit, unless it affects them personally, this affects me personally!

Posted Image

Message board?

This is The Shizz.

Chromelodeon manages to get all the furniture from their hotel into the lake a few years back...and people are worried about shizzies?

#32 nathan

nathan

Rauble Rauble

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 25 November 2004 - 11:24 AM

with that said, I am thankful for:

donald
KCMO :ph34r:
boss pedals
cubase
the NFL
March Madness
the Shins
my family
my friends
my dog
american soldiers

#33 leahlee

leahlee

Shizz Junior Member

• Shizzified
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 25 November 2004 - 12:10 PM

If so that's fine, create a new thread about it, but don't take over this thread of people talking about what they are thankful for by

It doesn't mix well.

-----------------------------------

I am thankful for all the new people I have met through the shizz, Sherv, Colin, Steph, Mig, Beth, Matsu, Raub, and so many others.
I am thankful for my job my family, my friends, my new house and the ability to travel.
I have come along way from where I was as a teenager and have far surpassed my realistic goals in life. ( I had low expectations, what can I say :) )
So I am consistently aware of this and thankful not just today but all the time of these things.

since when do shizz threads follow a rule of having only comments that "mix well"? if you go to almost any thread you will find an original topic that goes off into several different tangents, depending on what people want to say. so i said what i wanted to say in a "happy thanksgiving" thread. if there have been new rules established about threads requiring a harmonious, linear, predictable flow, then, my apologies, i guess i didnt get the memo.

happy thanksgiving!

im thankful for:

free speech on the shizz!
community dialogue!
exchange of information and ideas!

#34 glitterbot

glitterbot

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 25 November 2004 - 11:53 PM

man, my belly is sooo full of turkey right now!!
"Now get out. You're banned from this historical society. You and your children, and your children's children... for three months. "

Posted Image

#35 Hooray For Everything

Hooray For Everything

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,961 posts

Posted 26 November 2004 - 08:50 AM

A brief history of Amerikkka's celebration of genocide:

In 1621 the myth of thanksgiving was born. The colonists invited Massasoit, chief of the Wampanoags, to their first feast as a follow up to their recent land deal. Massasoit in turn invited 90 of his men, much to the chagrin of the colonists. Two years later the English invited a number of tribes to a feast "symbolizing eternal friendship." The English offered food and drink, and two hundred Indians dropped dead from unknown poison.
:
: The first day of thanksgiving took place in 1637 amidst the war against the Pequots. 700 men, women, and children of the Pequot tribe were gathered for their annual green corn dance on what is now Groton, Connecticut. Dutch and English mercenaries surrounded the camp and proceeded to shoot, stab, butcher and burn alive all 700 people. The next day the Massachusetts Bay Colony held a feast in celebration and the governor declared "a day of thanksgiving." In the ensuing madness of the Indian extermination, natives were scalped, burned, mutilated and sold into slavery, and a feast was held in celebration every time a successful massacre took place. The killing frenzy got so bad that even the Churches of Manhattan announced a day of "thanksgiving" to celebrate victory over the "heathen savages," and many celebrated by kicking the severed heads of Pequot people through the streets like soccer balls.
:

The most interesting part of thanksgiving is the propaganda that has been put out surrounding it. During the 19th century thanksgiving traditions consisted of turkey and family reunions. Whenever popular art contained both pilgrims and Indians, the scene was usually characterized by violent confrontations between the two groups, not a multi-cultural/multi-racial dinner. In 1914 artist Jennie Brownscombe created the vision of thanksgiving that we see today: community, religion, racial harmony and tolerance, after her notorious painting reached wide circulation in Life magazine.
:
: Adamant protests to the celebration of thanksgiving have taken place over the years. As early as 1863 Pequot Indian Minister William Apess urged "every man of color" to mourn the day of the landing, and bury Plymouth Rock in protest. In 1970 Apess got his way. 1970 was the "350th" anniversary of thanksgiving, and became the first proclaimed national day of mourning for American Indians.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanks for pissing in my Cheerio's ;)
"HFE...sometimes you seem serious when you are joking and jokey when your serious. You make me laugh and sob all at once. Bless you, and bless the great asshole in the sky that shit you out onto earth. Thank you...thaaaaaaank you. " - bb

"Real love amounts to withholding the truth, even when you're offered the perfect opportunity to hurt someone's feelings." - DS

"one persons harassment, is just another person trying to get there shit back, ever think-a that?"

"THIS JUST IN: SHANE KENNEDY LIKES NOTHING.

SHOCKER." - Mig50

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." ~Dr. Seuss

#36 jomama

jomama

Shizz Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 26 November 2004 - 09:49 AM

im thankful for:

free speech on the shizz!
community dialogue!
exchange of information and ideas!

HAHAHAHAHAHA
Isaiah 16:11 (Farting is cool)
Ezekiel 4:12 (God wants you to eat poop)
Deuteronomy 21:18-21 (Kill your son if he is disrespectful and a drunk)

Ah, the wonderful Peru

#37 Hooray For Everything

Hooray For Everything

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,961 posts

Posted 26 November 2004 - 11:32 AM

Adamant protests to the celebration of thanksgiving have taken place over the years. As early as 1863 Pequot Indian Minister William Apess urged "every man of color" to mourn the day of the landing, and bury Plymouth Rock in protest. In 1970 Apess got his way. 1970 was the "350th" anniversary of thanksgiving, and became the first proclaimed national day of mourning for American Indians.

Posted Image
"HFE...sometimes you seem serious when you are joking and jokey when your serious. You make me laugh and sob all at once. Bless you, and bless the great asshole in the sky that shit you out onto earth. Thank you...thaaaaaaank you. " - bb

"Real love amounts to withholding the truth, even when you're offered the perfect opportunity to hurt someone's feelings." - DS

"one persons harassment, is just another person trying to get there shit back, ever think-a that?"

SHOCKER." - Mig50

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." ~Dr. Seuss

#38 mancopter

mancopter

OCEAN MAN

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,266 posts

Posted 26 November 2004 - 11:34 AM

Attached Files

#39 Hooray For Everything

Hooray For Everything

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,961 posts

Posted 26 November 2004 - 11:46 AM

I have an old Hanna-Barbera Lp with Atom Ant......it's awesome

SHOCKER." - Mig50

#40 mancopter

mancopter

OCEAN MAN

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,266 posts

Posted 26 November 2004 - 11:48 AM

I have an old Hanna-Barbera Lp with Atom Ant......it's awesome

That's a great story.

Tell it again. :)

#41 Hooray For Everything

Hooray For Everything

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,961 posts

Posted 26 November 2004 - 11:51 AM

Huh, yer right...(I'll spice it up a bit this time)....here goes: Once upon a time, I had an old Hanna-Barbera Lp with Atom Ant......it was awesome..the end.

SHOCKER." - Mig50

#42 Hooray For Everything

Hooray For Everything

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,961 posts

Posted 26 November 2004 - 11:54 AM

It doesn't mix well.

Turkey Advocacy

SHOCKER." - Mig50

#43 Mary

Mary

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,934 posts

Posted 26 November 2004 - 09:07 PM

"Goody Two Shoes" is probably my favorite dance tune ever.

I think I already mentioned to HFE that when I was a pup, I only went to three concerts total: Adam Ant, The Who, and Joan Armatrading. And I still think Phil Buckman is equally talented. And I'm a tool, I hear.

(And I don't mean anything by running with the adam-ant thread. Just happy memories.)
Love like you don't need the money, dance like you've never been hurt, and work like nobody's watching.

#44 Black Betty

Black Betty

Shizz Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 26 November 2004 - 11:02 PM

"Goody Two Shoes" is probably my favorite dance tune ever.

I think I already mentioned to HFE that when I was a pup, I only went to three concerts total: Adam Ant, The Who, and Joan Armatrading. And I still think Phil Buckman is equally talented. And I'm a tool, I hear.

(And I don't mean anything by running with the adam-ant thread. Just happy memories.)

I make new memories to Adam Ant as well as basking in the old ones. I Love him! :rolleyes:
"The week is off to a fantastic start for you as Venus enters grounded Taurus and the Moon's contact with Uranus brings a special surprise your way."

FREE THE WEST MEMPHIS THREE!
www.wm3.org

#45 ladydemon

ladydemon

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 27 November 2004 - 12:16 AM

i'm thankful for 30 minute sets.
warm bed. hot tea.
friends who speak their mind.

and poison apples.
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
“You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve Albini? You just put your lips together and blow.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users