Eponymized's Content

There have been 6 items by Eponymized (Search limited from 28-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#945915 So I'm new(ish) here but I'd really love to get into this scen

Posted by Eponymized on 08 September 2010 - 02:06 PM in The Shizz General Forum

Thanks! Thats exactly what I was looking for!

#945672 So I'm new(ish) here but I'd really love to get into this scen

Posted by Eponymized on 07 September 2010 - 09:00 PM in The Shizz General Forum

The problem is that I don't know any venues, and because I'm not really plugged into the local bands, I don't know where to go to see music.

#944907 So I'm new(ish) here but I'd really love to get into this scen

Posted by Eponymized on 05 September 2010 - 07:40 AM in The Shizz General Forum

Yeah I'll definitely do this. :)

Thanks guys

#944297 So I'm new(ish) here but I'd really love to get into this scen

Posted by Eponymized on 02 September 2010 - 06:28 PM in The Shizz General Forum

I should also mention that I'm 20 years old (dunno if that affects WHERE I can play) and I really have little experience playing shows. I played in a church band in mesa for 2 years so I have no problems with playing songs live, I just don't know anything about the infrastructure of the local music scene. I've got songs written and willing musicians to play with me but I have no clue who to contact about actually gigging somewhere.

If anyone knows any local venues around ASU or downtown phoenix that I could contact that'd be great.

#943578 So I'm new(ish) here but I'd really love to get into this scen

Posted by Eponymized on 01 September 2010 - 10:25 AM in The Shizz General Forum

I've been posting to the Shizz minibosses forums for 2 years or so, but mostly just lurking. Anyway, I went to the trunk space last friday to see the protomen, and it made me realize how much of a local music scene I've been missing. So I decided that I want to get into this craziness and start playing some shows because I love to play music and I love being in a band, but I really don't know how to start. I've got a myspace with a whole bunch of songs listed on my myspace (myspace.com/alexisgelinas) but I don't really know any local venues or any other local bands to talk to so I thought I'd come here. If anyone has any advice, it'd be greatly appreciated.

#943573 The Protomen! Megaman Rock Opera

Posted by Eponymized on 01 September 2010 - 10:15 AM in Shows and Stuff

Went to the show, the Protomen were awesome. I didn't hear much of the opening bands but I really want to get into the local scene.