venven's Content

There have been 49 items by venven (Search limited from 23-May 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#886766 AM or PM... I Don't Know...

Posted by venven on 09 April 2010 - 01:19 PM in Shows and Stuff

i will be taking pictures AND partying at this!

#893340 AZ Bill SB 1070

Posted by venven on 23 April 2010 - 04:01 PM in The Shizz General Forum

[img]

everyone's a star in az

EFFIN A Jacki! EFFIN A!

FUCK!

WOW. Sad day in az.

#899327 HOOVES EP RELEASE SHOW

Posted by venven on 08 May 2010 - 04:08 PM in Shows and Stuff

I will be there! Can't wait.

#901699 Snow Songs Friday May 21 at the Sail Inn

Posted by venven on 15 May 2010 - 02:46 PM in Shows and Stuff

Snow Songs with Vanessa Atalanta and Ximena Sarinana Friday May 21 at the Sail Inn!

#902806 Snow Songs Friday May 21 at the Sail Inn

Posted by venven on 18 May 2010 - 05:33 PM in Shows and Stuff

snow songs hearts you back.

#902808 Lonna, Daryl, & Tucson's St. St May 20th

Posted by venven on 18 May 2010 - 05:35 PM in Shows and Stuff

I can't wait to see you perform, lonna!

#902935 Snow Songs Friday May 21 at the Sail Inn

Posted by venven on 18 May 2010 - 11:54 PM in Shows and Stuff

Snow Songs = awesomest song on the Comp!!

wow. Thanks! You're too kind. It was all Nick Hadik, Lindsay Cates, and JDLC( no longer in the band :( snow songs needs a drummer).... & Hissong and Catherine at 513. The singer sucks big time.

#903327 Shizz Prom Committee Meetup Saturday at 2pm

Posted by venven on 19 May 2010 - 06:17 PM in The Shizz General Forum

see you there!

#903329 hipsters too cool to be counted

Posted by venven on 19 May 2010 - 06:19 PM in The Shizz General Forum

omg hilarious!

#905108 AZ Bill SB 1070

Posted by venven on 24 May 2010 - 07:20 PM in The Shizz General Forum

[media]

noam chomsky on sb1070

genius.

#905326 Lost Leaf 3rd Anniversary Show

Posted by venven on 25 May 2010 - 12:54 PM in Shows and Stuff

coolness!

#905962 Lost Leaf 3rd Anniversary Show

Posted by venven on 26 May 2010 - 04:25 PM in Shows and Stuff

who's the drink? I hope it's not me!

#906026 Lost Leaf 3rd Anniversary Show

Posted by venven on 26 May 2010 - 06:55 PM in Shows and Stuff

I have heard Haunted Cologne's music and enjoyed it, though I boycott their current lineup.

I am sure I will see them someday

Hey Dave did you ever think saying things like this and things like your early post may be instigating a little bit?
I personally have done things for less.
Just friendly advice.

I meant drunk, not drink. Anyway, we all are, aren't we?

#908072 The Shizz Presents: Movie Mondays!

Posted by venven on 01 June 2010 - 07:10 PM in Shows and Stuff

tthe dark crystal???? I loooove that movie!!! What about labarynth with david bowie? When is that night?

#908074 Shizz Prom 2010

Posted by venven on 01 June 2010 - 07:15 PM in The Shizz General Forum

you guys look hot!

#910032 How do you seduce a mexican dude who speaks limited english

Posted by venven on 07 June 2010 - 07:48 PM in The Shizz General Forum

!!!!!SUCCESS!!!!!

GITCHOOSOME!!

yes yes yes!

now he's all "i'm getting a passport"

:lol:

felicidades! tell him this: creo que me estoy enamorando de ti. he'll love it. :)

#911466 AZ Bill SB 1070

Posted by venven on 10 June 2010 - 06:43 PM in The Shizz General Forum

from her twitter on 6/3: "Support Arizona. Add the Arizona state flag to your avatar as I prepare to meet with President Obama today."

the state is not with you, you twat.

she's ridiculous. i was brought up to believe that most people were decent, compassionate beings but after witnessing the hate that is coming from these bigoted, ignorant people, i feel like most people suck big weiners. it's so easy to pick on people who can't defend themselves. i guess it makes people feel better.

#918136 Sound Strike

Posted by venven on 28 June 2010 - 07:33 PM in The Shizz General Forum

rage against the machine? more like inaction against the machine. am i right? am i right? probably not.. but yeah, definitely a whole lot of "we did something here" when you did nothing at all.

I wouldn't consider bringing worlwide attention to this issue "nothing." They're standing in solidarity for something they believe is wrong. I understand what they are doing but, unfortunately, it hurts those of us who live here who are against the bill. Not all of us are ignorant racists.

#918446 Sound Strike

Posted by venven on 29 June 2010 - 05:54 PM in The Shizz General Forum

zach de la rocha -- punishing his fans for something they had nothing to do with.

Posted Image

solidarity, dude.

seriously, standing up for what you believe in is cool, but all these "boycotts" are probably not helping anything. i doubt arpaio or brewer are big sonic youth fans.

the point of the boycott is to keep money out of Arizona. It's working, dude.

I don't agree with it because it's hurting our economy but it is effective. You can't argue with that.

#918449 Sound Strike

Posted by venven on 29 June 2010 - 05:57 PM in The Shizz General Forum

s

top touring in China (i don't think i need to explain this one)
-Bands on the boycott list that have toured in china: Sonic Youth, Ozomatli, Tenacious D, Kanye West, Joe Satriani...

A-fucking-men. Even when enacted SB1070 is not going to cause a fraction of the human rights abuses of China.

When i get pulled over and harassed because my skin is brown, i'll remember this. Thank you for reminding me that I don't have it as bad as the Chinese. Racial profiling is not so bad after all!

#918549 Sound Strike

Posted by venven on 29 June 2010 - 11:36 PM in The Shizz General Forum

the point of the boycott is to keep money out of Arizona. It's working, dude.

I don't agree with it because it's hurting our economy but it is effective. You can't argue with that.

i can absolutely argue with that. have you seen any republican lawmakers reconsider this bill since the boycotts started? if anything, they're digging in their heels even more. i agree with charlie levy's letter - the boycott is hurting the people that typically oppose 1070. until somebody with a little more economic impact follows through on a boycott threat, it's fruitless. but thanks for speaking out, gogol bordello (seriously?).

When i get pulled over and harassed because my skin is brown, i'll remember this. Thank you for reminding me that I don't have it as bad as the Chinese. Racial profiling is not so bad after all!

the chinese are exponentially worse off than you, but that's not the point. i think the argument here is that a bunch of these bands are quick to play the "we're standing up for human rights!" card because it's going to get them some publicity and make them look like humanitarians and cost them relatively little (if not zero). but, for whatever reason (money) these bands weren't quite so vocal about human rights when they played china or eastern europe. in my mind, that makes them as hypocritical as the pro-1070 crowd that talks about defending the USA while they piss on the constitution.

i'm a white male and i've never been harassed about anything, though, so my perspective is obviously different than yours. i'm not trying to trivialize your experiences, but i really disagree with the spirit of the boycott. i guess it's better than silence or complete apathy, but if somebody was serious about taking a stand i'd hope it would include more than a press release announcing that they're not going to come here (especially when they weren't going to come here anyway).

Boycotts threatened or carried out over Arizona’s new immigration enforcement law could cost the Phoenix metropolitan area $90 million in hotel and convention business over five years, Mayor Phil Gordon said Tuesday.

here's the link: http://www.nytimes.c.../12phoenix.html (or not)

I think $90 million is a huge economic impact, don't you? The spirit of the boycott is this: you think i am a second class citizen because of the color of my skin? you think it's ok to to question my citizenship because of what i look like? ok, then, i'll take my money elsewhere.===== That's the spirit of the boycott. it's not just a publicity stunt.

like i said before, i don't agree with the boycott because it's hurting local business-more importantly for me, it's hurting my friends. it truly sucks.

is your argument really about bands going after some publicity? really? about bands being hypocrites?

lets go out for a beer and talk about this (and try not to get in a fight) shall we?

#918640 Sound Strike

Posted by venven on 30 June 2010 - 11:04 AM in The Shizz General Forum

amen. No more bitching from me. Just straight up action. When and where should we meet?

#918642 Sound Strike

Posted by venven on 30 June 2010 - 11:18 AM in The Shizz General Forum

oh, one more thing: chalupacabra, comparing californias prop 8 and racial profiling helped me calm the fuck down. Are gays being asked to show their papers too? I had no idea.

#918645 Sound Strike

Posted by venven on 30 June 2010 - 11:35 AM in The Shizz General Forum

come on dude, It's upsetting to me that you (not you specifically) can't get married if you're gay. I care about that. I think it's ridiculous. If you want to get married, you should be able to get married, regardless of what sex you're into. The issue here is racial profiling. If this bill was about mexicans not being allowed to get married, then I would be able to understand your train of thought. Bringing up other issues and getting upset because a band didn't take a stand on something else is silly.

#918651 Sound Strike

Posted by venven on 30 June 2010 - 11:57 AM in The Shizz General Forum

this is horrible!