gbell's Content

There have been 90 items by gbell (Search limited from 20-May 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#946475 Currently Watching

Posted by gbell on 09 September 2010 - 06:13 PM in The Shizz General Forum

Saints vs Vikings. So glad to have football back!

#946101 Currently Watching

Posted by gbell on 08 September 2010 - 11:13 PM in The Shizz General Forum

Uncle Buck on Netflix through the Wii. Canadian Whiskey and coke along with Netflix s helping this boring evening go by!

#943611 Currently Listening To:

Posted by gbell on 01 September 2010 - 11:05 AM in The Shizz General Forum

Black Carl on their myspace page (http://www.myspace.com/iamblackcarl) Definitely diggin on this bands sound!

Anyone have any local bands they recommend I listen too or see? A few fav's I've found so far are What Laura Says, Mostly Bears, and Dry River Yacht Club. I'm sure there's a ton more, so please share with a noob :)

Wooden Indian is pretty awesome if you can find them. I don't know of any online presence for them, so it's been tough for me to find out when they play (or link to them now), but the one time I did accidentally see them, I totally fell in love with them.

EDIT: I saw them playing a show with What Laura Says/Black Carl, just to give you an idea of what circle they may run in...

cool, i'll keep my ears and eyes peeled for them, sounds like it might be right up my alley. thanks for the tip!

#944263 Currently Listening To:

Posted by gbell on 02 September 2010 - 04:04 PM in The Shizz General Forum

Since I don't have a sweet phone and can't get the shizz on mobile this is a future post (unless of course it has already passed, then it's a past post)

Long story short...

Going to see (and listen too) Smashing Pumpkins tonight!

Saweet!

#943603 Currently Listening To:

Posted by gbell on 01 September 2010 - 10:53 AM in The Shizz General Forum

Black Carl on their myspace page (http://www.myspace.com/iamblackcarl) Definitely diggin on this bands sound!

Anyone have any local bands they recommend I listen too or see? A few fav's I've found so far are What Laura Says, Mostly Bears, and Dry River Yacht Club. I'm sure there's a ton more, so please share with a noob :)

#954073 Currently Thinking........

Posted by gbell on 28 September 2010 - 04:18 PM in The Shizz General Forum

I so don't like that bar. blah

yea, it's okay at best, the food isn't bad however. I figured an afternoon there of getting some food, eating on the patio, and getting a good buzz to start the day off is well worth $15

#954066 Currently Thinking........

Posted by gbell on 28 September 2010 - 04:08 PM in The Shizz General Forum

cadillac ranch $15 dollars for 30 dollars of food and drink groupon

Decent food groupon today. Will give me an excuse to get back down to the Tempe Marketplace.

#953357 Currently Thinking........

Posted by gbell on 27 September 2010 - 12:35 PM in The Shizz General Forum

Does anyone else use their bike as a regular source of transportation?

How the hell do you keep from being all damn sweaty? Do you just take a change of clothes with you? Shower at work? How do these people operate?

I live about a mile from my job.

I get sweaty when I ride and it ain't no jeans and tshirt kind of place.

I ride veeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrry slow.

:)

That's funny, but aside from riding slow, I'm curious how people use their bikes. I have a couple of Trek grocery bags that I can attach to my bike rack and ride it down to the bank and grocery store. I'm thinking about upgrading to a more road friendly bike such as a hybrid from my shitty old mountain bike. I'd really like to use my vehicle less and make more use of public transportation in conjunction with my bike, but I really don't want to be the sweaty and stinky when I get to where I'm going

#954082 Currently Thinking........

Posted by gbell on 28 September 2010 - 04:26 PM in The Shizz General Forum

I think the food is crappy. I wouldn't spend $15 on it even w/ multiple drink "coupons".

I'm still waiting for the "No Regrets Tattoo Parlor" groupon! If anyone doesn't know of this place I recommend stopping in there. Erik did my arm earlier this year and I can't wait to get the rest finished up.

#953420 Currently Thinking........

Posted by gbell on 27 September 2010 - 02:11 PM in The Shizz General Forum

whore bath in the restroom and change into work clothes.

Plus 1 for using the term "Whore Bath"

#956291 Currently Thinking........

Posted by gbell on 04 October 2010 - 12:17 PM in The Shizz General Forum

Posted Image

This is an awesome photo I saw on yahoo today, wasn't staged, Tiger just happened to screw up and hit it at the camera guy.  

Aside from that, the dude on the far right is effin awesome.  Nothing says golf fan like a dude with a huge mustache, cigar and knit cap!

#954481 Currently Thinking........

Posted by gbell on 29 September 2010 - 01:47 PM in The Shizz General Forum

Music Instrument Museum

Interesting video, thinking about checking this place out.

#953346 Currently Thinking........

Posted by gbell on 27 September 2010 - 12:26 PM in The Shizz General Forum

Does anyone else use their bike as a regular source of transportation?

How the hell do you keep from being all damn sweaty? Do you just take a change of clothes with you? Shower at work? How do these people operate?

#954539 Currently Thinking........

Posted by gbell on 29 September 2010 - 03:42 PM in The Shizz General Forum

fannypacks being called urban holsters - makes me LOL for realz

Instantly reminded me of this guy "Page the Village Idiot" I happened to see at Long Wong's one night.

#954479 Currently Thinking........

Posted by gbell on 29 September 2010 - 01:39 PM in The Shizz General Forum

WTF , having a effin hard time embedding vids today

#948124 Currently Thinking........

Posted by gbell on 14 September 2010 - 12:06 PM in The Shizz General Forum

FML

There was an upright bass I wanted to buy on craigslist, I was gone to work the last two days but made a verbal agreement to buy it from him today,
came home to recontact the guy for the sale... effin Sold already. Son of a beatch.

#944471 Currently Thinking........

Posted by gbell on 03 September 2010 - 10:26 AM in The Shizz General Forum

thinking I wished I wouldn't have misplaced my check card last night. Hopefully someone didn't run up free drinks on me!

Also.. Smashing Pumpkins show last night was pretty damn good. It's weird the older I get the more I view things differently. Younger me would have just went to the show and enjoyed the music. Current me still enjoys the music, but I guess as a grown up (crap i'm 30 ... do i have to be a grown up yet? lol sounds funny to say that phrase because I sure don't feel like one).. but as I was saying, as a grown up I see a show and I see someone doing their job, I see how much they must have rehearsed, I compare myself to their ability and could I be that good or could the group I play with be that tight, etc etc..

So that's my ramble going on in my head this morning.

#943598 Currently Thinking........

Posted by gbell on 01 September 2010 - 10:46 AM in The Shizz General Forum

currently thinking I wished I knew more about my "new to me" recording program (Samplitude)

#943567 Currently Thinking........

Posted by gbell on 01 September 2010 - 10:02 AM in The Shizz General Forum

singers are overrated.

shut your whore mouth.

Watch out! He'll fuck yer whore mouth.

serios.

Lol, ok lol I recant!

#946769 Currently Thinking........

Posted by gbell on 10 September 2010 - 12:57 PM in The Shizz General Forum

Whats up with Circle K and bananas?

Posted Image

I don't know, but I'm glad they had them last First Friday! I was so dehydrated from being sick all week and a night out of drinking the night before that I got dizzy and my muscles were cramping

4 bottles of water, 2 gatorades, 6 bananas from circle k and a few hours later felt much better!

#946775 Currently Thinking........

Posted by gbell on 10 September 2010 - 01:06 PM in The Shizz General Forum

6 bananas!!!!

DANG!

I know, It was gross. Took about an hour and a half to eat. Then I had 2 more in a shake. I probably should have went to the ER where they would have hung a potassium bag on me, it's what I would have

recommended for any of my patients with the same symptoms. (when you start cramping from dehydration your electrolytes are all messed up and that can be pretty bad)

I took a gamble thinking I could correct it myself and fortunately I was right!

*I would not recommend anyone else doing this

#949560 Currently Thinking........

Posted by gbell on 17 September 2010 - 01:30 PM in The Shizz General Forum

http://www.groupon.com/r/uu5738931

Great groupon today. $10 for $20 worth of food and drink at Honey Bears BBQ. I just got mine, can't wait to use it.

#943561 Currently Thinking........

Posted by gbell on 01 September 2010 - 09:41 AM in The Shizz General Forum

singers are overrated.

#946892 Currently Thinking........

Posted by gbell on 10 September 2010 - 06:02 PM in The Shizz General Forum

6 bananas!!!!

DANG!

he didn't actually EAT 6 bananas.

if you know what i mean.

wink, wink.

:ph34r:

He (I) did actually eat six bananas! No wink wink about it! But yes, I did fully expect to read a joke like that on here lol!

#950764 Currently Thinking........

Posted by gbell on 21 September 2010 - 10:10 AM in The Shizz General Forum

play by play of what's going on with my AC

guy came to check it out - commented on my lifesize cardboard cut out of Robert Pattinson (as Edward in Twilight) wearing a shriner's hat
climbed up on the roof
climbed down from the roof
told me there's "good bad news"
- i am at the computer working on poolboy layouts as he is telling me this, i see him glancing at the computer screen quickly
the compressor has seized. he can put a quick fix on it for $211
if the quick fix doesn't work, he can put in a "hard start" for $190
if the hard start doesn't work, that means the compressor is dead and i have to start thinking about getting a new unit

i told him to go for the gold and put in the $211 piece. and then the $190 piece (cuz i am made of fucking money) and if those don't work he agreed to only charge me the $70 diagnostic fee. It's 92 degrees in my house. Last night it was 94.

i think im going to play some left4dead while he, hopefully, fixes me AC.

Sounds like something you could have stolen from penthouse and put into Poolboy.

Dear poolboy magazine... I was already hot and sweaty from my ac not working when the repairman showed up.....