the part where i hit reply instead of edit

#32 Hooray For Everything

Hooray For Everything

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,961 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 07:27 PM

-oh and the boombox shows at emerald were pretty memorable. the sweet weiner and colorwhore
shows kind of all meld into one big drunken blur.

hey, remember that night we all got banned from the Hotel Congress?
do you think it was RV's 2am fire and brimstone sermon at the top of his lungs, or you getting dragged around the hallways with lipstick smeared across your face, or the dance party, or the jumping on beds, or the fact that we were repeatedly asked to quiet the f*ck down?

hey, remember when you "forgot" your guitar chord?

My friend, who is, I think, now the Asst. Mgr of HotCong reminded me the other day that "your band was the first group of people that I ever had to ban from here"...

I reminded her that I had nothing to do with it, as I am a party pooper, I guess...It was really embarrassing ...

If I'm thinking of the right night....
"HFE...sometimes you seem serious when you are joking and jokey when your serious. You make me laugh and sob all at once. Bless you, and bless the great asshole in the sky that shit you out onto earth. Thank you...thaaaaaaank you. " - bb

"Real love amounts to withholding the truth, even when you're offered the perfect opportunity to hurt someone's feelings." - DS

"one persons harassment, is just another person trying to get there shit back, ever think-a that?"

"THIS JUST IN: SHANE KENNEDY LIKES NOTHING.

SHOCKER." - Mig50

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." ~Dr. Seuss

#33 dharma_bum

dharma_bum

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 2,372 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 08:58 PM

i remember when joe's grotto used to be this shit-kicker bar called Levi's and across the street (thunderbird), there was a dive bar called wayne's hideaway - used to play pool there a lot. i don't remember when i met half of y'all but i am sure glad that it happened.

#34 apple

apple

Shizz Full Member

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 10:26 PM

i met almost all the Shizzums through Lonna in 05 i think and seen everyones bands play a hundred times since then and have been mostly inspired and greatful to have met everyone because of that. Thanks for introducing me to so many good people and good musicians, LBK.
However I think I've known(sort of) Abelardo the longest, having met him through my old bass player and friend when I was in a band called The Orange that played various "art galleries" around Grand and the area and whatever Modified used to be named. I think the one we played a few times was called 1023. That was 2002. We practiced over on Thomas/Osborn/Indian somewhere. man, francisco studios? franko? blehk! oh phoenix.
charismatico.

#35 aaronburke

aaronburke

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzadmin
  • 7,100 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 02:05 AM

holy fuck! fred. too funny. holy shit.

#36 Rial

Rial

Shizz Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 07:36 AM

i remember when joe's grotto used to be this shit-kicker bar called Levi's and across the street (thunderbird), there was a dive bar called wayne's hideaway - used to play pool there a lot. i don't remember when i met half of y'all but i am sure glad that it happened.

I haven't really met any "old dayers" as i am new blood but I remember these bars, my friends mom used to work at Waynes Hideaway.
[url="http://saidgun.bandcamp.com/"]SAID GUN[/url]

#37 dharma_bum

dharma_bum

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 2,372 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 01:47 PM

I haven't really met any "old dayers" as i am new blood but I remember these bars, my friends mom used to work at Waynes Hideaway.

oh yeah? she probably threw me out once or twice. in the daytime, wayne's was mellow but when night fell, you didn't know what you were walking into.

#38 /Mr DNA/

/Mr DNA/

Rauble Rauble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 02:58 PM

I cut my teeth at robothouse.org in its hey day. As far as theshizz.org, I'm a latecomer.

I do remember seeing HotFoughtCold, Ten Commandments: The Movie, and Stab City Slit Wrists at the Farmer House. I can't reference a year or date, I'm not good like that.

I know ChadK from his FLG days.

Was this the neon back-shed HFC show? I think that is when I began to follow the shizz more closely. no more fuck city townhall for me. Though I never did go sleeveless. So many good memories at the Farmer House it is hard to keep them straight, including chadnasty taking an extreme disliking to me upon our first proper meeting. Something about me not being cool enough to be there I think.

#39 mancopter

mancopter

OCEAN MAN

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,266 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 03:04 PM

woah. blast from the past, MrDNA.

#40 Coward Crutch

Coward Crutch

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 3,223 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 03:13 PM

I cut my teeth at robothouse.org in its hey day. As far as theshizz.org, I'm a latecomer.

I do remember seeing HotFoughtCold, Ten Commandments: The Movie, and Stab City Slit Wrists at the Farmer House. I can't reference a year or date, I'm not good like that.

I know ChadK from his FLG days.

Was this the neon back-shed HFC show? I think that is when I began to follow the shizz more closely. no more fuck city townhall for me. Though I never did go sleeveless. So many good memories at the Farmer House it is hard to keep them straight, including chadnasty taking an extreme disliking to me upon our first proper meeting. Something about me not being cool enough to be there I think.

you still in the Corp.?

shitty is now.

#41 danielle

danielle

Shizz Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 04:21 PM

Yeah, those farmer house shows were some of the best times I ever had.
“The man that cannot visualize a horse galloping on a tomato is an idiot”-Andre Breton

#42 weener

weener

Shizz Overlord

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,465 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 04:45 PM

My first Minibosses show @ Modified when I was still in high school. A buddy who didn't have a car kept talking me into taking him to these things. Ended up seeing IHYWYP at the Clubhouse.

I went to see IHYWYP on the back porch of Fate and Garrett approached me to say he had seen me around and asked me if I was on the Shizz. I had no idea what he was talking about.

When I finally got on the Shizz, I brought some Meatwhistle stickers to a show at Modified when Donald was working the door, and he introduced himself.

Started volunteering at Modified after meeting Leslie on the Shizz. Did that for about 5 years.

Let Mig crash on my couch a couple times, and when he moved to town he got the apartment right next door to me!

Jenova Project! Kirk!

The Ultimate Show!

The Argo!

Judas Priest!

The Band Grid!

#43 MikeyWretch

MikeyWretch

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzified
  • 5,998 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 04:54 PM

So what Shizz folks used to go to the Nile Message bord?

I never did because I didnt have a computer until I was maybe 22.

"What the fuck is the internet?"

#44 weener

weener

Shizz Overlord

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,465 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 04:59 PM

Fun fact: I met Mikey when I was 15. Nearly a decade ago.

#45 MikeyWretch

MikeyWretch

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzified
  • 5,998 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 05:09 PM

Fun fact: I met Mikey when I was 15. Nearly a decade ago.

Heck yeah and we were pretty cool even then!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users