#31 Hooray For Everything

Hooray For Everything

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,961 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 11:50 AM

yawn
"HFE...sometimes you seem serious when you are joking and jokey when your serious. You make me laugh and sob all at once. Bless you, and bless the great asshole in the sky that shit you out onto earth. Thank you...thaaaaaaank you. " - bb

"Real love amounts to withholding the truth, even when you're offered the perfect opportunity to hurt someone's feelings." - DS

"one persons harassment, is just another person trying to get there shit back, ever think-a that?"

"THIS JUST IN: SHANE KENNEDY LIKES NOTHING.

SHOCKER." - Mig50

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." ~Dr. Seuss

#32 unluckycharm

unluckycharm

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzified
  • 6,069 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 12:12 PM

i just ordered this yesterday ...
if there is a club that sounds like this cd, that'd be sweet
Ascenseur Pour L'Echafaud (Sdtk) : Davis, Miles (CD, 1989) (it's actually a 1956 recording)

#33 Hooray For Everything

Hooray For Everything

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,961 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 12:15 PM

I'll take a copy, thanks
"HFE...sometimes you seem serious when you are joking and jokey when your serious. You make me laugh and sob all at once. Bless you, and bless the great asshole in the sky that shit you out onto earth. Thank you...thaaaaaaank you. " - bb

"Real love amounts to withholding the truth, even when you're offered the perfect opportunity to hurt someone's feelings." - DS

"one persons harassment, is just another person trying to get there shit back, ever think-a that?"

SHOCKER." - Mig50

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." ~Dr. Seuss

#34 dharma_bum

dharma_bum

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 2,372 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 01:11 PM

I'll take a copy, thanks

you don't know shit about shit, shithead.
yawn...

#35 unluckycharm

unluckycharm

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzified
  • 6,069 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 01:56 PM

wow ... saucy today...
why don't you guys buy a condo in del boca vista already? :P

#36 chadk

chadk

Shizz Master Zero

• Members
  • 7,323 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 02:25 PM

Too bad there's no such thing as a BYOB license.

there are two places, the Paisley Violin, and the Coronado Cafe, they allow you to BYOB and wine but they charge you a corking fee.

All the time when I tell people what I do they say, "Oh I don't understand art, I can't even draw." (or worse, "I only like art I can understand.") Well, ya know what, I don't know how to make a car, but I sure appreciate being able to drive one.

-trunkspace

#37 Hooray For Everything

Hooray For Everything

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,961 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 02:26 PM

there are two places, the Paisley Violin, and the Coronado Cafe, they allow you to BYOB and wine but they charge you a corking fee.

so does your momma

SHOCKER." - Mig50

#38 Danosaur

Danosaur

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 2,296 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 02:40 PM

so does Coup de Tartes...great restuarant too...but a little pricey

#39 eraser

eraser

Shizz Knight

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 03:13 PM

if any of you's are lucky enough to venture to chi town...
this is the place to see JAZZ

The Green Mill is awesome!

I was in Chicago for a festival almost a year ago and I had some free time and ended up hanging out there for a while.

The plan for my last night in Chicago was to pack all my suitcase and to stay there all night (they close a 4am) and then go straight to the airport since I had an early morning flight.

Unfortunately, I after packing my things up in the middle of the night, I decided to take a nap that was too long.

I ended up not going to the Green Mill and sleeping until I had left myself less than an hour to get to the airport.

I seriously saw my flight take off as I got to Midway.
jose of The Torch Theatre - PHX's home for longform improv comedy & theatre and the Phoenix Improv Festival.

#40 eraser

eraser

Shizz Knight

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 03:18 PM

I DJ'd the other night at the George & Dragon & people got up & danced to Jimmy Smith!!!!!

I was obviously sad to hear about Jimmy Smith's death a couple of years ago, but I was really sad to learn that he had been dropping in and holding near weekly jam sessions with folks in town. I guess I wasn't sad that he was doing that as much as I was sad that I was in the dark about it and totally missed out.
jose of The Torch Theatre - PHX's home for longform improv comedy & theatre and the Phoenix Improv Festival.

#41 fatguyaz

fatguyaz

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 03:44 PM

so does your momma

Oh man! In your face, Chad. That was a full on facial!!
I still don't have a signature.

#42 jeremy_arp

jeremy_arp

Shizz Senior Member

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 04:23 PM

so does your momma

That was awesome!

#43 Hooray For Everything

Hooray For Everything

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,961 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 04:50 PM

I DJ'd the other night at the George & Dragon & people got up & danced to Jimmy Smith!!!!!

I was obviously sad to hear about Jimmy Smith's death a couple of years ago, but I was really sad to learn that he had been dropping in and holding near weekly jam sessions with folks in town. I guess I wasn't sad that he was doing that as much as I was sad that I was in the dark about it and totally missed out.

I dragged Lonna to see him the month before he died....

It was good to see him, but he wasn't certainly not at the peak of his powers.

so does your momma

Oh man! In your face, Chad. That was a full on facial!!

Just like his momma likes

SHOCKER." - Mig50

#44 bisbee slim

bisbee slim

Shizz Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 09:43 PM

i saw real jazz in bisbee, it kicked ass. the drummer though was a biker (beard, leather, tattoos) ... go figure ... if you closed your eyes you thought he was max roach.

jazz is tough in any city; seems like its biggest scenes are in the towns renowned for it.

his name is charlie, he's palyed with some big names supposedly. he owns the place you saw him play at...Oldtymers. intimidating looking but he's a real nice guy. kinda like mike montoya.

#45 Hooray For Everything

Hooray For Everything

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 3,961 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 04:18 AM

intimidating looking but he's a real nice guy. kinda like mike montoya.

um....

uh...

SHOCKER." - Mig50

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users