301 replies to this topic

#271 allisonorphan

allisonorphan

Shizz Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 10:39 AM

i am part of the camp that was not happy with how the show ended. seasons 1-4 were excellent. 5, pretty good, but well, this season, i found myself falling asleep during some episodes! last night, i watched the finale with 5 folks who were as into the show from the start as i was and we all felt a little let down. i know that this may be a common complaint, but man, there was so much left unaddressed! and yes...not knowing the answers to all of life's questions may be a greater theme, but i wanted more! ;)

i am sad to say that had i not been so into the first four seasons of the show, i wouldn't have stuck it out through season 6.

oh well. that is just my thought. i have been reading that some folks really loved the ending.

#272 mig50

mig50

Shizz Overlord

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,117 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 10:42 AM

i am okay with the ending. it kind of seemed like the safe way out as there were no huge reveals that would have polarized the audience. it left a lot open to interpretation without creating any new major questions that would go unanswered just like all the other big loose ends.

the episode in and of itself was pretty lame. i wish they would have cut out all the goddamn remembrance / flashback montages and spent more time on other things, but oh well.
you mean you forgot cranberries too?

#273 unluckycharm

unluckycharm

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,069 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 10:42 AM

I have a suspicion Jack is going to be killed and someone else with have to volunteer to protect the island. Hurley?

ding ding. do I get a prize?

I wasn't really too happy about the finale. They could have done much better.

#274 chalupacabra

chalupacabra

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 992 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 10:43 AM

i was ok with it too, but when someone at work asked me to explain the ending, i was still kind of confused as to the what the island was. I got the death thing in the sideways world, but there were still a lot of headscratchers about the island itself.

And how did Jack end up outside after he layed laughing int he water when the light turned back on? total wtf.

The island was real. Like was said in a previous episode, "what happened, happened".

I think a lot of people are upset at how overly sentimental the episode was as a whole but I'm not. Lost had those kind of moments throughout its history and since the creators have always stood by the idea that the characters were more important than the mythology I'm not too surprised they went that route.
Posted Image

CAGEMATCH

stomping on your fingers as you're clinging on to the abyss

#275 aaronburke

aaronburke

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzadmin
  • 7,100 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 10:44 AM

i too am completely fine with the sentimental stuff and how the
show was all about the characters and their journeys than the island
and its mysteries. but still, i would have liked a better explanation
for the alternate reality.

#276 differently biotic

differently biotic

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 10:50 AM

I loved all the sentimental crap and how mostly everyone came together at the end. And I thought it was kind of neat at the end w/ Hurley and Ben.

however, I did not like how it ended. The whole death thing. Man Carlton and Damon flat out lied all these years about then being dead. I think it's such a hug cop out in a way. Like the easy way out when the whole series was never easy. lame lame lame. Like where the eff is baby Charlie and baby sun/jin then?

#277 chalupacabra

chalupacabra

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 992 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 10:55 AM

I loved all the sentimental crap and how mostly everyone came together at the end. And I thought it was kind of neat at the end w/ Hurley and Ben.

however, I did not like how it ended. The whole death thing. Man Carlton and Damon flat out lied all these years about then being dead. I think it's such a hug cop out in a way. Like the easy way out when the whole series was never easy. lame lame lame. Like where the eff is baby Charlie and baby sun/jin then?

They really didn't lie though. Not saying it isn't somewhat of a cop out but the island stuff all happened. They died in the ways we saw them die for real. The babies though? Fair point. You'd think they'd be there.
Posted Image

CAGEMATCH

stomping on your fingers as you're clinging on to the abyss

#278 mig50

mig50

Shizz Overlord

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,117 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 10:55 AM

one thing that really bothered me in this episode:

after the island-hole is uncorked, jack punches 'locke' and he bleeds, giving the big reveal that now he can be hurt / killed. this is a big deal because nothing, including the protector of the island can hurt / kill the main in black, so this is a turning point, right?

however, in 'across the sea', once jacob finds mib has killed their mother, he punches him in the face a few times and mib is bleeding all over the place. i had assumed at this point that jacob / whoever could physically hurt mib but not kill him. now in the final episode we see mib bleeding as a sign that he is now mortal, even though he bled previously under similar circumstances but remained invincible.

am i missing something here, or is this just another example of sloppy / lazy writing?

EDIT: haha holy shit! i got totally mixed up here. i just rewatched that part in 'across the sea' again and bocaj isn't even smokey yet at the point where he bleeds. NEVERMIND!
you mean you forgot cranberries too?

#279 differently biotic

differently biotic

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 10:59 AM

for all we know the mother was lieing to them about that too. (until he became smokey that is)

and I just love sawyer and juliet together. sigh.

#280 innerear

innerear

Shizz Full Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 11:01 AM

one thing that really bothered me in this episode:

after the island-hole is uncorked, jack punches 'locke' and he bleeds, giving the big reveal that now he can be hurt / killed. this is a big deal because nothing, including the protector of the island can hurt / kill the main in black, so this is a turning point, right?

however, in 'across the sea', once jacob finds mib has killed their mother, he punches him in the face a few times and mib is bleeding all over the place. i had assumed at this point that jacob / whoever could physically hurt mib but not kill him. now in the final episode we see mib bleeding as a sign that he is now mortal, even though he bled previously under similar circumstances but remained invincible.

am i missing something here, or is this just another example of sloppy / lazy writing?

jacob and mibs fight was before he was the smoke monster.
I think it was a cop out of an ending. To me the biggest character in the series was the Island itself. No resolve on what it was/is. I liked the episode actually just not the resolution.

#281 unluckycharm

unluckycharm

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzified
  • 6,069 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 11:03 AM

Anyone else notice the multi-religious stained glass window behind Christian in the church?

I thought that too Mig about why all of a sudden Jack can hurt MIB. Maybe Jacob never really wanted to kill him (felt guilty perhaps).

Also, Jack didn't say the little spell when he gave Hurley the water to drink.

So maybe the spell was BS! And maybe many of the quasi supernatural stuff was BS, which is irksome since we're supposed to also believe the magical light is for sure magical.

#282 differently biotic

differently biotic

Shizz JediMaster

• Members
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 11:04 AM

that church window stood out big time for me.

#283 unluckycharm

unluckycharm

Shizz Master Zero

• Shizzified
  • 6,069 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 11:10 AM

This video explains everything you need to know about Lost:

#284 fatguyaz

fatguyaz

Shizz JediMaster

• Shizzified
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 11:18 AM

and I just love sawyer and juliet together. sigh.

right?! Who cried?! I know i didn't cuz i'm a fuckin tough guy, but my wife and friend were ballin...
I still don't have a signature.

#285 Tender Lad

Tender Lad

Shizz Captain

• Shizzified
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 11:19 AM

This show sounds like a pain in the ass to follow.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users